|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethan call his dog?
(a) His Silly Dog.
(b) His Good Dog.
(c) His Doodle Dog.
(d) His Dandy Dog.
2. With whom does the main character make friends?
3. How does Ethan get injured?
(a) He gets hung up and drops right into the burning bushes.
(b) He jumps off the roof.
(c) Todd attacks him as he is leaving the house.
(d) He is bitten by Bailey.
4. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
5. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
(b) Making mistakes.
(c) Learning new skills.
6. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) A mother's love.
(b) A dog's fear of humans.
(c) A dog's loyalty.
(d) Human hatred of dogs.
7. Why does the main character have to wear a white collar?
(a) He has been neutered.
(b) He has fleas.
(c) He likes collars.
(d) He had his leg repaired.
8. With whom does Bailey get reacquainted?
9. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
(a) Teasing him.
(b) Setting off firecrackers.
(c) Bothering his dog.
(d) Chasing after Chelsea.
10. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
(a) A new house.
(b) A car.
(c) A new barn.
(d) A bike.
11. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) He is a different animal.
(b) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(c) Spike is asleep beside him.
(d) He is in dog heaven.
12. What does Todd like to do?
(b) Catch insects.
(d) Burn things.
13. Who dies early in the story?
14. One afternoon Ethan and Hannah go _________________ and really enjoy being together.
15. What does Hannah carry with her when she first appears in the story?
(a) A book.
(b) A cat.
(c) A toy for Bailey.
(d) A basket of good-smelling brownies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan tells her that scouts from the University of _________________ are coming that night to see him play.
2. What is the name of the toy Ethan creates that is a cross between a frisbee, a boomerang, and a baseball?
3. Who comes over often?
4. Toby now has light-colored fur, long legs, and seven brothers and sisters. He is reincarnated as a ______________.
5. Where are the dogs put?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)