|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
2. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(b) Strong perfume.
(d) Chemical liquid.
3. How does the main character feel about humans?
(a) He hates humans.
(b) He fears humans.
(c) He has an affinity for humans.
(d) He does not think about humans.
4. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
(a) Flare does not like to be ridden.
(b) Flare was scared by Bailey.
(c) Flare sees a snake.
(d) Flare does not like Ethan.
5. How does Ethan get injured?
(a) He is bitten by Bailey.
(b) He gets hung up and drops right into the burning bushes.
(c) Todd attacks him as he is leaving the house.
(d) He jumps off the roof.
6. Todd takes the main character to his room, locks the door, and tries to get him to do what?
(a) Climb out the window.
(b) Smell toy airplane glue.
(c) Eat poison.
7. Who dies early in the story?
8. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) A dog's fear of humans.
(b) A dog's loyalty.
(c) Human hatred of dogs.
(d) A mother's love.
9. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) His foreleg is wounded.
(b) He injures his hip.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He hits his head.
10. Mother tries to teach them to ____________ humans.
11. One of the main character's favorite things is to learn new tricks like "Sit" or "________________".
(b) Dog door.
(c) Dog house.
(d) Dog treat.
12. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They are radiating so much happiness.
(d) They do not care about him.
13. This dog's siblings' names are Fast, Sister, and ______________.
14. How does the family like the new apartment?
(a) Mom likes it.
(b) None of them like it.
(c) Bailey likes it.
(d) Dad likes it.
15. What does Bailey sense from Todd as he watches Ethan and Hannah?
(a) Something worse than anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. One afternoon Ethan and Hannah go _________________ and really enjoy being together.
2. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
3. Bailey notices that the children of the neighborhood don't play with whom now?
4. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
5. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)