|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother tries to teach them to ____________ humans.
2. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
3. What does someone do to Ethan's house that night after the competition?
(a) Toilet papers it.
(b) Throws a rock through the window.
(c) Sets it on fire.
(d) Eggs it.
4. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) A mother's love.
(d) Coming of Age.
5. Why is Ethan happy at this point in the chapter?
(a) The scout wants him to play for his school.
(b) Todd is his best friend.
(c) He is moving out soon.
(d) He got a new job.
6. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) He is in dog heaven.
(b) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(c) Spike is asleep beside him.
(d) He is a different animal.
7. How is Ethan found?
(a) He hears a man calling his name.
(b) He walks into town.
(c) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
(d) He comes across their home.
8. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
9. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) A dog's loyalty.
(b) A mother's love.
(c) Human hatred of dogs.
(d) A dog's fear of humans.
10. With whom does Bailey get reacquainted?
11. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
12. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) He is killed.
(b) His foreleg is wounded.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He injures his hip.
13. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
(a) When school ends.
(b) For spring break.
(c) Over the winter holiday break.
(d) Over Labor Day weekend.
14. Why can the main character not find a home?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He is unadoptable.
15. When does Ethan's mom take Bailey home?
(a) At the beginning of the summer.
(b) When Bailey gets sick.
(c) Over the winter holidays.
(d) When school starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bailey's ________ helps the police find Todd.
2. One of the main character's favorite things is to learn new tricks like "Sit" or "________________".
3. How does Bailey feel about dogs, as compared to other animals?
4. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
5. Describe Ethan's injury.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)