|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethan call his dog?
(a) His Good Dog.
(b) His Silly Dog.
(c) His Dandy Dog.
(d) His Doodle Dog.
2. With whom does the main character make friends?
3. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through the basement window.
(b) Through a hole in the roof.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through his window.
4. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) He wants to shoot the gun.
(b) He wants to look tough.
(c) A noise frightens him.
(d) He likes to play cops and robbers.
5. How is Ethan found?
(a) He comes across their home.
(b) He walks into town.
(c) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
(d) He hears a man calling his name.
6. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
(a) Over the winter holiday break.
(b) When school ends.
(c) Over Labor Day weekend.
(d) For spring break.
7. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) He is in dog heaven.
(b) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(c) Spike is asleep beside him.
(d) He is a different animal.
8. Where do the dog and his family live?
(a) In a culvert.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a home.
(d) In a shelter.
9. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is ashamed.
10. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
(b) Top Dog.
11. How does the main character feel about Todd?
(a) He does not trust him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He fears him.
12. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) Human hatred of dogs.
(b) A dog's loyalty.
(c) A mother's love.
(d) A dog's fear of humans.
13. How does Bailey feel about dogs, as compared to other animals?
(a) He sees all animals as equals.
(b) He sees dogs as superior to other animals.
(c) He has no opinion about dogs or other animals.
(d) He sees dogs as inferior to other animals.
14. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
(a) Flare sees a snake.
(b) Flare does not like Ethan.
(c) Flare does not like to be ridden.
(d) Flare was scared by Bailey.
15. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(a) Strong perfume.
(b) Chemical liquid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Todd so evil?
2. When does Ethan's mom take Bailey home?
3. What does Bailey see Ethan's mother doing one day at the pond?
4. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
5. Why is Ethan happy at this point in the chapter?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)