|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
2. How does Ethan get injured?
(a) Todd attacks him as he is leaving the house.
(b) He is bitten by Bailey.
(c) He gets hung up and drops right into the burning bushes.
(d) He jumps off the roof.
3. Who is Smokey?
(a) A gold fish.
(b) The cat.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) Another dog.
4. How does the main character feel about humans?
(a) He has an affinity for humans.
(b) He hates humans.
(c) He does not think about humans.
(d) He fears humans.
5. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
(a) A go-kart race.
(b) A bike race.
(c) A tennis match.
(d) A football game.
6. Why does the main character have to wear a white collar?
(a) He likes collars.
(b) He has been neutered.
(c) He had his leg repaired.
(d) He has fleas.
7. Why is Todd so evil?
(a) He has been abused.
(b) His siblings are mean to him.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) He has never had a pet.
8. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) His foreleg is wounded.
(b) He injures his hip.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He hits his head.
9. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
(a) Chasing after Chelsea.
(b) Teasing him.
(c) Setting off firecrackers.
(d) Bothering his dog.
10. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
(a) Coming of Age.
(c) Their resourcefulness.
(d) A mother's love.
11. What does Todd like to do?
(b) Burn things.
(d) Catch insects.
12. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
(a) He loves toys.
(b) He likes Ethan's attention.
(c) He does not like to play catch.
(d) He cannot catch it.
13. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's cousins.
(b) Ethan's best friend.
(c) Ethan's grandparents.
(d) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
14. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) He likes to play cops and robbers.
(b) A noise frightens him.
(c) He wants to look tough.
(d) He wants to shoot the gun.
15. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
2. How does Todd not see Bailey?
3. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
4. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
5. What does Chelsea tell the dog?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)