Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the main character's favorite things is to learn new tricks like "Sit" or "________________".
(a) Dog treat.
(b) Dog door.
(d) Dog house.
2. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
(a) A car.
(b) A bike.
(c) A new house.
(d) A new barn.
3. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through a hole in the roof.
(c) Through the basement window.
(d) Through his window.
4. Describe the first meeting of Toby and Ethan?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) It is strange.
(c) It is love at first sight.
(d) It is scary.
5. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
(a) He likes Ethan's attention.
(b) He loves toys.
(c) He cannot catch it.
(d) He does not like to play catch.
6. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) Coming of Age.
(d) A mother's love.
7. In what kind of vehicle does Hannah arrive?
(a) A yellow taxi.
(b) A silver bus.
(c) A black car.
(d) A train.
8. Why can the main character not find a home?
(a) He is unadoptable.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is mean.
9. Who comes over often?
10. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
11. What does Bailey smell on Todd's pants?
(a) Hannah's scent.
(b) Chelsea's scent.
(c) Marshmallow's scent.
12. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He is scared by it.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He does not think much of it.
13. Why does the main character have to wear a white collar?
(a) He had his leg repaired.
(b) He likes collars.
(c) He has been neutered.
(d) He has fleas.
14. How does Todd not see Bailey?
(a) He is too busy watching the fire.
(b) He is blocked by the bushes.
(c) He is too busy destroying the house.
(d) He is blind.
15. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A weird dog toy.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A container of chemicals.
(d) A piece of meat that smells strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family like the new apartment?
2. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
3. Ethan beats Todd in what competition?
4. What does Ethan call his dog?
5. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)