|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
(a) Caring for his mother.
(b) Playing with his sister.
(c) Making Senora laugh.
(d) Going for walks.
2. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
(a) Dogs are very smart.
(b) Dogs can think like humans.
(c) Dogs can sense things that humans cannot.
(d) Dogs are wild.
3. How does Todd not see Bailey?
(a) He is too busy watching the fire.
(b) He is blocked by the bushes.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is too busy destroying the house.
4. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
(a) Coming of Age.
(b) Their resourcefulness.
(c) A mother's love.
5. How is Ethan found?
(a) He comes across their home.
(b) He walks into town.
(c) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
(d) He hears a man calling his name.
6. What does Bailey smell on Todd's pants?
(a) Hannah's scent.
(b) Marshmallow's scent.
(c) Chelsea's scent.
7. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) He is hurt.
(b) He is scared.
(c) Flare is a bad horse.
(d) They are lost.
8. How does the main character's mother feel about humans?
(a) She loves them.
(b) She thinks she is human.
(c) She does not trust them.
(d) She wants to be a human.
9. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
10. What does Todd like to do?
(a) Burn things.
(d) Catch insects.
11. Who comes over often?
12. All of the dogs are caught, except whom?
13. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
14. Where does Toby now live?
(a) In a cage with a cement floor.
(b) In a small room.
(c) In a large yard.
(d) In a dog house.
15. What is the dog's foremost job?
(a) To rescue people.
(b) To herd.
(c) To play with the boy.
(d) To hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
2. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
3. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
4. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
5. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)