|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the dog and his family live?
(a) In a home.
(b) In a shelter.
(c) In a culvert.
(d) In a barn.
2. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's best friend.
(b) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
(c) Ethan's grandparents.
(d) Ethan's cousins.
3. What is the consequence of the dog not getting a home?
(a) He is euthanized.
(b) He lives in a cage.
(c) He is used as a work dog.
(d) He is left alone.
4. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
(a) He is scared by it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He does not think much of it.
5. Ethan tells her that scouts from the University of _________________ are coming that night to see him play.
6. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
(a) Causing gas to leak into the house.
(b) Setting the roof on fire.
(c) Toilet papering the house.
(d) Setting fire to some papers and throwing them into the bushes.
7. Who comes over often?
8. In what kind of vehicle does Hannah arrive?
(a) A train.
(b) A black car.
(c) A silver bus.
(d) A yellow taxi.
9. How does Ethan escape the house?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through his window.
(c) Through the basement window.
(d) Through a hole in the roof.
10. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
11. The main character gets to know ____________, the horse, the ducks down at the pond, a black cat in the barn, and his first skunk!
12. Who escapes one night?
(a) The main character's mother.
(b) The main character.
13. How is Ethan found?
(a) He comes across their home.
(b) He hears a man calling his name.
(c) He walks into town.
(d) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
14. Who dies early in the story?
15. How does Ethan get injured?
(a) Todd attacks him as he is leaving the house.
(b) He jumps off the roof.
(c) He is bitten by Bailey.
(d) He gets hung up and drops right into the burning bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone do to Ethan's house that night after the competition?
2. What is one of the main themes in this section?
3. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
4. What does Hannah carry with her when she first appears in the story?
5. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)