|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This dog's siblings' names are Fast, Sister, and ______________.
2. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
(a) Dogs can sense things that humans cannot.
(b) Dogs can think like humans.
(c) Dogs are very smart.
(d) Dogs are wild.
3. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is sad.
4. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A container of chemicals.
(b) A weird dog toy.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A piece of meat that smells strange.
5. How does Ethan get injured?
(a) Todd attacks him as he is leaving the house.
(b) He gets hung up and drops right into the burning bushes.
(c) He is bitten by Bailey.
(d) He jumps off the roof.
6. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They are radiating so much happiness.
(c) They do not care about him.
(d) They do not like him.
7. How does the family like the new apartment?
(a) Mom likes it.
(b) Dad likes it.
(c) None of them like it.
(d) Bailey likes it.
8. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
(a) A new barn.
(b) A car.
(c) A new house.
(d) A bike.
9. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He barks at the man in the truck.
(c) It gets unbearably hot, and a woman saves him.
(d) He climbs out the window.
10. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) He wants to look tough.
(b) He wants to shoot the gun.
(c) A noise frightens him.
(d) He likes to play cops and robbers.
11. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
12. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
(a) Over the winter holiday break.
(b) Over Labor Day weekend.
(c) For spring break.
(d) When school ends.
13. What does Bailey sense from Todd as he watches Ethan and Hannah?
(c) Something worse than anger.
14. It grows cold and __________ games resume.
15. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) He hits his head.
(b) His foreleg is wounded.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He injures his hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bailey react in this situation with Todd?
2. What does Chelsea tell the dog?
3. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
4. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
5. Who is Smokey?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)