|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ethan's mom take Bailey home?
(a) When school starts.
(b) When Bailey gets sick.
(c) At the beginning of the summer.
(d) Over the winter holidays.
2. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
(b) Making mistakes.
(c) Learning new skills.
3. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
4. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
(a) When school ends.
(b) For spring break.
(c) Over Labor Day weekend.
(d) Over the winter holiday break.
5. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
6. How does the main character feel about Todd?
(a) He fears him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He does not trust him.
(d) He likes him.
7. One of the main character's favorite things is to learn new tricks like "Sit" or "________________".
(a) Dog door.
(c) Dog house.
(d) Dog treat.
8. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) Flare is a bad horse.
(b) He is hurt.
(c) He is scared.
(d) They are lost.
9. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
(a) A Nuisance.
(b) A Wild Animal.
(c) Man's Best Friend.
(d) A Great Creature.
10. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
11. Who is Smokey?
(a) Another dog.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) The cat.
(d) A gold fish.
12. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
13. Bailey's ________ helps the police find Todd.
(a) Sense of smell.
14. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A container of chemicals.
(b) A weird dog toy.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A piece of meat that smells strange.
15. What does Bailey see Ethan's mother doing one day at the pond?
(a) Taking a picture, tearing it up, and throwing it into the pond.
(b) Taking a little round ring from her finger and throwing it into the pond.
(c) Feeding the fish.
(d) Talking to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan call his dog?
2. What does someone do to Ethan's house that night after the competition?
3. How does Todd upset Hannah?
4. How does Bailey feel about dogs, as compared to other animals?
5. A new dog appears in the Yard who has been bred to fight. What is his name?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)