|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toby now live?
(a) In a large yard.
(b) In a dog house.
(c) In a cage with a cement floor.
(d) In a small room.
2. Why does the main character have to wear a white collar?
(a) He had his leg repaired.
(b) He has been neutered.
(c) He has fleas.
(d) He likes collars.
3. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
4. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
(a) Playing with his sister.
(b) Making Senora laugh.
(c) Going for walks.
(d) Caring for his mother.
5. Why is Todd so evil?
(a) He has been abused.
(b) He has never had a pet.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) His siblings are mean to him.
6. Ethan tells her that scouts from the University of _________________ are coming that night to see him play.
7. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A container of chemicals.
(b) A weird dog toy.
(c) A piece of meat that smells strange.
(d) A dead dog.
8. How do Bailey and Marshmallow react when Todd comes around?
9. How does Bailey react in this situation with Todd?
(a) He leaps on him.
(b) He barks at him.
(c) He growls at him.
(d) He runs away.
10. How does the family like the new apartment?
(a) Bailey likes it.
(b) None of them like it.
(c) Dad likes it.
(d) Mom likes it.
11. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's cousins.
(b) Ethan's grandparents.
(c) Ethan's best friend.
(d) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
12. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
(a) He barks at the man in the truck.
(b) It gets unbearably hot, and a woman saves him.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He climbs out the window.
13. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(a) Strong perfume.
(c) Chemical liquid.
14. A new dog appears in the Yard who has been bred to fight. What is his name?
(d) Top Dog.
15. Where are the dogs put?
(a) In a large fenced-in yard.
(b) In a small room.
(c) In a small cage.
(d) In a large cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
2. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
3. Where do the dog and his family live?
4. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
5. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)