|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family like the new apartment?
(a) Bailey likes it.
(b) Mom likes it.
(c) Dad likes it.
(d) None of them like it.
2. The main character gets to know ____________, the horse, the ducks down at the pond, a black cat in the barn, and his first skunk!
3. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They do not care about him.
(d) They are radiating so much happiness.
4. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is embarrassed.
5. What is the consequence of the dog not getting a home?
(a) He is left alone.
(b) He is used as a work dog.
(c) He lives in a cage.
(d) He is euthanized.
6. Toby now has light-colored fur, long legs, and seven brothers and sisters. He is reincarnated as a ______________.
(a) Labrador Retriever.
(c) Sheep Dog.
(d) Golden Retriever.
7. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
(a) Setting off firecrackers.
(b) Chasing after Chelsea.
(c) Bothering his dog.
(d) Teasing him.
8. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
(a) Man's Best Friend.
(b) A Great Creature.
(c) A Wild Animal.
(d) A Nuisance.
9. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
10. With whom does the main character make friends?
11. How does Todd not see Bailey?
(a) He is too busy watching the fire.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is blocked by the bushes.
(d) He is too busy destroying the house.
12. What is Toby's new name?
13. What does Ethan do instead of going to the Farm?
(a) Mows yards.
(b) Goes off to college.
(c) Stays with Hannah.
(d) Goes to camp.
14. How do Bailey and Marshmallow react when Todd comes around?
15. How does Bailey react in this situation with Todd?
(a) He barks at him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He growls at him.
(d) He leaps on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day he hears Chelsea frantically doing what?
2. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
3. How does the main character feel about humans?
4. What does Bailey smell on Todd's pants?
5. What is a universal theme found in this section?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)