|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
2. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
3. Who dies early in the story?
4. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A container of chemicals.
(c) A weird dog toy.
(d) A piece of meat that smells strange.
5. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
(a) Caring for his mother.
(b) Playing with his sister.
(c) Making Senora laugh.
(d) Going for walks.
6. Where are the dogs put?
(a) In a small room.
(b) In a small cage.
(c) In a large fenced-in yard.
(d) In a large cage.
7. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
8. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
(a) A Nuisance.
(b) A Wild Animal.
(c) A Great Creature.
(d) Man's Best Friend.
9. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) He is in dog heaven.
(b) He is a different animal.
(c) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(d) Spike is asleep beside him.
10. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) He wants to shoot the gun.
(b) He likes to play cops and robbers.
(c) He wants to look tough.
(d) A noise frightens him.
11. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
12. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) Human hatred of dogs.
(b) A dog's fear of humans.
(c) A dog's loyalty.
(d) A mother's love.
13. Mother tries to teach them to ____________ humans.
14. What does Bailey sense from Todd as he watches Ethan and Hannah?
(d) Something worse than anger.
15. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby now has light-colored fur, long legs, and seven brothers and sisters. He is reincarnated as a ______________.
2. When do Mom and Ethan take Bailey to the farm?
3. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
4. Why can the main character not find a home?
5. All of the dogs are caught, except whom?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)