|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes over often?
2. In what kind of vehicle does Hannah arrive?
(a) A black car.
(b) A silver bus.
(c) A yellow taxi.
(d) A train.
3. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
(a) Carlos and Bobby.
(d) Chad and Burt.
4. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
5. Bailey notices that the children of the neighborhood don't play with whom now?
6. Who is Smokey?
(a) The cat.
(b) A gold fish.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) Another dog.
7. Where are the dogs put?
(a) In a large cage.
(b) In a large fenced-in yard.
(c) In a small room.
(d) In a small cage.
8. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
9. How does the main character feel about humans?
(a) He fears humans.
(b) He has an affinity for humans.
(c) He hates humans.
(d) He does not think about humans.
10. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
11. This dog is a mutt with three siblings and a __________ mother.
12. What causes Flare to throw Ethan off his back?
(a) Flare does not like to be ridden.
(b) Flare was scared by Bailey.
(c) Flare sees a snake.
(d) Flare does not like Ethan.
13. What does Ethan call his dog?
(a) His Good Dog.
(b) His Dandy Dog.
(c) His Doodle Dog.
(d) His Silly Dog.
14. Who dies early in the story?
15. How does Bailey know who did this to Ethan's house?
(a) He smells Todd on the toilet paper.
(b) He smells Todd in the burnt rubble.
(c) He smells Todd on the broken glass.
(d) He smells Todd on the egg shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day he hears Chelsea frantically doing what?
2. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
3. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
4. How does Todd upset Hannah?
5. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)