|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bailey and Marshmallow react when Todd comes around?
2. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) Spike is asleep beside him.
(b) He is in dog heaven.
(c) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(d) He is a different animal.
3. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) They are lost.
(b) He is hurt.
(c) He is scared.
(d) Flare is a bad horse.
4. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
(a) Teasing him.
(b) Setting off firecrackers.
(c) Chasing after Chelsea.
(d) Bothering his dog.
5. One day he hears Chelsea frantically doing what?
(a) Calling for Ethan.
(b) Looking for Hannah.
(c) Calling Marshmallow's name to no avail.
(d) Cleaning her room.
6. How does the main character's mother feel about humans?
(a) She does not trust them.
(b) She thinks she is human.
(c) She wants to be a human.
(d) She loves them.
7. What does Chelsea tell the dog?
(a) She wanted a dog of her own.
(b) She hoped he was a girl.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
8. Why can the main character not find a home?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He is unadoptable.
(d) He is depressed.
9. How does the family like the new apartment?
(a) Bailey likes it.
(b) Dad likes it.
(c) Mom likes it.
(d) None of them like it.
10. How is Ethan found?
(a) He hears a man calling his name.
(b) He walks into town.
(c) He comes across their home.
(d) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
11. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
(a) Dogs can think like humans.
(b) Dogs are wild.
(c) Dogs can sense things that humans cannot.
(d) Dogs are very smart.
12. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
(a) A car.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new barn.
(d) A bike.
13. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(a) Strong perfume.
(c) Chemical liquid.
14. Where do the dog and his family live?
(a) In a home.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a shelter.
(d) In a culvert.
15. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
(b) Ethan's cousins.
(c) Ethan's grandparents.
(d) Ethan's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Smokey?
2. Who dies early in the story?
3. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
4. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
5. Mother tries to teach them to ____________ humans.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)