|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bailey feel about dogs, as compared to other animals?
(a) He sees dogs as superior to other animals.
(b) He sees dogs as inferior to other animals.
(c) He sees all animals as equals.
(d) He has no opinion about dogs or other animals.
2. With whom does Bailey get reacquainted?
3. The family goes to the country to visit ___________________ on a farm.
(a) Ethan's aunt and uncle.
(b) Ethan's grandparents.
(c) Ethan's cousins.
(d) Ethan's best friend.
4. Bailey notices that the children of the neighborhood don't play with whom now?
5. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
(a) A Wild Animal.
(b) A Great Creature.
(c) Man's Best Friend.
(d) A Nuisance.
6. What does Ethan call his dog?
(a) His Dandy Dog.
(b) His Doodle Dog.
(c) His Silly Dog.
(d) His Good Dog.
7. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
(a) He cannot catch it.
(b) He does not like to play catch.
(c) He likes Ethan's attention.
(d) He loves toys.
8. What is the name of the toy Ethan creates that is a cross between a frisbee, a boomerang, and a baseball?
(a) The flop.
(b) The flip.
(c) The froomball.
(d) The fleet.
9. How does Todd not see Bailey?
(a) He is blocked by the bushes.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is too busy watching the fire.
(d) He is too busy destroying the house.
10. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) He likes to play cops and robbers.
(b) He wants to look tough.
(c) A noise frightens him.
(d) He wants to shoot the gun.
11. How does the main character feel about Todd?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He does not trust him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He fears him.
12. What was the only thing that gives his life purpose?
(a) Going for walks.
(b) Making Senora laugh.
(c) Playing with his sister.
(d) Caring for his mother.
13. What is one of the main themes in this section?
(a) The energy of the young.
(b) The competition that exists between young boys.
(c) The pure and total love a boy and his dog have for one another.
14. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
15. A woman with long, white hair, ______________, picks up the main character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
2. The main character gets to know ____________, the horse, the ducks down at the pond, a black cat in the barn, and his first skunk!
3. How does the main character's mother feel about humans?
4. What does Todd like to do?
5. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)