|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the toy Ethan creates that is a cross between a frisbee, a boomerang, and a baseball?
(a) The flop.
(b) The fleet.
(c) The froomball.
(d) The flip.
2. What does Bailey see Todd doing?
(a) Setting the roof on fire.
(b) Setting fire to some papers and throwing them into the bushes.
(c) Causing gas to leak into the house.
(d) Toilet papering the house.
3. How does Bailey feel about this toy?
(a) He does not think much of it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is scared by it.
4. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) His foreleg is wounded.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He injures his hip.
(d) He is killed.
5. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(a) Chemical liquid.
(d) Strong perfume.
6. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
7. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) A mother's love.
(b) A dog's fear of humans.
(c) Human hatred of dogs.
(d) A dog's loyalty.
8. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) Spike is asleep beside him.
(b) He is a different animal.
(c) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(d) He is in dog heaven.
9. What is Toby's new name?
10. When does Ethan's mom take Bailey home?
(a) Over the winter holidays.
(b) When Bailey gets sick.
(c) When school starts.
(d) At the beginning of the summer.
11. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
12. Why does Ethan get a gun out of the gun cabinet and check all the rooms?
(a) He likes to play cops and robbers.
(b) A noise frightens him.
(c) He wants to look tough.
(d) He wants to shoot the gun.
13. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
(a) He climbs out the window.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He barks at the man in the truck.
(d) It gets unbearably hot, and a woman saves him.
14. The main character gets to know ____________, the horse, the ducks down at the pond, a black cat in the barn, and his first skunk!
15. How does Bailey know who did this to Ethan's house?
(a) He smells Todd in the burnt rubble.
(b) He smells Todd on the broken glass.
(c) He smells Todd on the egg shells.
(d) He smells Todd on the toilet paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toby now has light-colored fur, long legs, and seven brothers and sisters. He is reincarnated as a ______________.
2. What does Bailey see Ethan's mother doing one day at the pond?
3. How does Bailey react when Todd comes over and asks Hannah if she wants to party?
4. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
5. With whom does Bailey get reacquainted?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)