|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
(a) Dogs can sense things that humans cannot.
(b) Dogs can think like humans.
(c) Dogs are wild.
(d) Dogs are very smart.
2. How does the main character feel about humans?
(a) He has an affinity for humans.
(b) He fears humans.
(c) He hates humans.
(d) He does not think about humans.
3. The main character gets to know ____________, the horse, the ducks down at the pond, a black cat in the barn, and his first skunk!
4. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
(a) He climbs out the window.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) It gets unbearably hot, and a woman saves him.
(d) He barks at the man in the truck.
5. How does Bailey feel about dogs, as compared to other animals?
(a) He sees dogs as superior to other animals.
(b) He has no opinion about dogs or other animals.
(c) He sees all animals as equals.
(d) He sees dogs as inferior to other animals.
6. How is Ethan found?
(a) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
(b) He hears a man calling his name.
(c) He comes across their home.
(d) He walks into town.
7. With whom does the main character make friends?
8. Who comes over often?
9. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
10. A new dog appears in the Yard who has been bred to fight. What is his name?
(d) Top Dog.
11. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They are radiating so much happiness.
(c) They do not care about him.
(d) They do not like him.
12. Bailey notices that the children of the neighborhood don't play with whom now?
13. The main character in this chapter is ____________.
14. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
15. What does Todd like to do?
(b) Burn things.
(d) Catch insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character's mother feel about humans?
2. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
3. What is a universal theme found in this section?
4. Where are the dogs put?
5. Who dies early in the story?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)