|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A piece of meat that smells strange.
(c) A container of chemicals.
(d) A weird dog toy.
2. How does Todd upset Hannah?
(a) He tells her to ask Ethan about Michele.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He tells her he likes her.
(d) He tells her Ethan does not like her.
3. How does Bailey know who did this to Ethan's house?
(a) He smells Todd on the egg shells.
(b) He smells Todd on the broken glass.
(c) He smells Todd in the burnt rubble.
(d) He smells Todd on the toilet paper.
4. How is Ethan found?
(a) He hears a man calling his name.
(b) He walks into town.
(c) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
(d) He comes across their home.
5. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
(b) Top Dog.
6. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) Human hatred of dogs.
(b) A dog's fear of humans.
(c) A dog's loyalty.
(d) A mother's love.
7. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
8. Chelsea has a long-haired brown and white dog named __________________.
9. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) He hits his head.
(b) His foreleg is wounded.
(c) He injures his hip.
(d) He is killed.
10. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They are radiating so much happiness.
(b) They do not care about him.
(c) They do not like him.
(d) They are afraid of him.
11. One of the main character's favorite things is to learn new tricks like "Sit" or "________________".
(a) Dog door.
(b) Dog house.
(d) Dog treat.
12. What does Bailey smell on Todd's pants?
(a) Hannah's scent.
(c) Chelsea's scent.
(d) Marshmallow's scent.
13. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
(a) Bothering his dog.
(b) Setting off firecrackers.
(c) Teasing him.
(d) Chasing after Chelsea.
14. Does Marshmallow come home?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, but not for awhile.
(c) Yes, very soon after she disappears.
(d) Yes, but she is very sick.
15. The three children who move into the neighborhood are Todd, _____________, and Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main themes in this section?
2. How do Ethan and Hannah behave around each other?
3. What does Bailey sense from Todd as he watches Ethan and Hannah?
4. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
5. How does Todd not see Bailey?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)