|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the dog and his family live?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a shelter.
(c) In a culvert.
(d) In a home.
2. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) They are lost.
(b) He is hurt.
(c) Flare is a bad horse.
(d) He is scared.
3. All of the dogs are caught, except whom?
4. What do Grandpa and Ethan build?
(a) A new barn.
(b) A bike.
(c) A new house.
(d) A car.
5. Where are the dogs put?
(a) In a small room.
(b) In a large fenced-in yard.
(c) In a small cage.
(d) In a large cage.
6. What does Hannah carry with her when she first appears in the story?
(a) A book.
(b) A cat.
(c) A toy for Bailey.
(d) A basket of good-smelling brownies.
7. What is a joy of being a dog, as revealed in this section?
(a) Dogs can think like humans.
(b) Dogs are very smart.
(c) Dogs can sense things that humans cannot.
(d) Dogs are wild.
8. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) A mother's love.
(b) A dog's fear of humans.
(c) Human hatred of dogs.
(d) A dog's loyalty.
9. Where does Toby now live?
(a) In a large yard.
(b) In a cage with a cement floor.
(c) In a dog house.
(d) In a small room.
10. What is the name of the toy Ethan creates that is a cross between a frisbee, a boomerang, and a baseball?
(a) The flip.
(b) The fleet.
(c) The froomball.
(d) The flop.
11. How do Bailey and Marshmallow react when Todd comes around?
12. Bailey's ability to smell Todd in various situations in this story is an example of ___________.
13. Who escapes one night?
(a) The main character.
(d) The main character's mother.
14. Who comes over often?
15. What happens to the main character when he gets into a fight?
(a) His foreleg is wounded.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He injures his hip.
(d) He hits his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bailey react when Todd comes over and asks Hannah if she wants to party?
2. Why can the main character not find a home?
3. What does Chelsea tell the dog?
4. Describe Ethan's injury.
5. What does Bailey see Ethan's mother doing one day at the pond?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)