|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the main character make friends?
2. Toby wakes up still remembering Spike's fury, but then what does he realize?
(a) He is in dog heaven.
(b) He is a puppy again in a new place.
(c) Spike is asleep beside him.
(d) He is a different animal.
3. Where does Toby now live?
(a) In a cage with a cement floor.
(b) In a large yard.
(c) In a dog house.
(d) In a small room.
4. Why do Ethan and Hannah not notice Todd's feelings?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They are radiating so much happiness.
(c) They do not like him.
(d) They do not care about him.
5. Why does Bailey feel this way about the toy?
(a) He does not like to play catch.
(b) He loves toys.
(c) He cannot catch it.
(d) He likes Ethan's attention.
6. Who escapes one night?
(a) The main character.
(d) The main character's mother.
7. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
(a) Carlos and Bobby.
(b) Chad and Burt.
8. How is Ethan found?
(a) He walks into town.
(b) He hears a man calling his name.
(c) He comes across their home.
(d) He receives a call on his cell phone from his grandpa.
9. When Bailey and Ethan are lost together, what theme is revealed?
(a) Learning new skills.
(b) Making mistakes.
10. It grows cold and __________ games resume.
11. What is the name of the dog who was the alpha male prior to the arrival of a new dog?
(a) Top Dog.
12. What does Ethan tell Bailey after Flare runs off?
(a) He is hurt.
(b) He is scared.
(c) They are lost.
(d) Flare is a bad horse.
13. What does Ethan call his dog?
(a) His Good Dog.
(b) His Silly Dog.
(c) His Doodle Dog.
(d) His Dandy Dog.
14. Humans and dogs have many ____________ in common.
15. One day he hears Chelsea frantically doing what?
(a) Calling for Ethan.
(b) Looking for Hannah.
(c) Calling Marshmallow's name to no avail.
(d) Cleaning her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the dogs put?
2. Why is Todd so evil?
3. Why does the main character have to wear a white collar?
4. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
5. What happens when Toby is left in a truck?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)