|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the main character not find a home?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is unadoptable.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) He is mean.
2. The description of the relationship of the dog and Ethan epitomizes the old saying "A Dog is ________________."
(a) A Great Creature.
(b) A Wild Animal.
(c) A Nuisance.
(d) Man's Best Friend.
3. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(b) Strong perfume.
(d) Chemical liquid.
4. At Christmas Chelsea gets a new puppy named _______________.
5. How does the main character feel about humans?
(a) He has an affinity for humans.
(b) He hates humans.
(c) He fears humans.
(d) He does not think about humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah carry with her when she first appears in the story?
2. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
3. What does Bailey find when he goes out the new dog door to the back yard?
4. What is a universal theme found in this section?
5. Why is Ethan happy at this point in the chapter?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)