|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bailey smell when he returns to the house after exploring one night?
(a) Chemical liquid.
(b) Strong perfume.
2. Ethan doesn't like it when Todd starts ___________.
(a) Chasing after Chelsea.
(b) Bothering his dog.
(c) Teasing him.
(d) Setting off firecrackers.
3. Why does the main character have to wear a white collar?
(a) He has fleas.
(b) He likes collars.
(c) He had his leg repaired.
(d) He has been neutered.
4. One day he hears Chelsea frantically doing what?
(a) Calling for Ethan.
(b) Looking for Hannah.
(c) Calling Marshmallow's name to no avail.
(d) Cleaning her room.
5. What is a universal theme found in this section?
(a) A mother's love.
(b) Human hatred of dogs.
(c) A dog's fear of humans.
(d) A dog's loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. One afternoon Ethan and Hannah go _________________ and really enjoy being together.
2. He compares the man who feeds him to _____________ in his last lifetime.
3. What is another theme that is revealed when Ethan and Bailey are lost?
4. Toward the end of the summer, Ethan catches a large fish when they're in the boat. He falls overboard, and the main character jumps in after him to rescue him. How does Ethan feel about the dog's behavior?
5. How does Todd upset Hannah?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)