Lesson 1 (from Chapters 1 - 4)
Chapters 1 - 4
Chapters 1 - 4 describes the first life of a dog named Toby. This lesson will discuss this life.
1) Class Discussion: Summarize the main character's first life.
2) Small Group Activity: Choose an event in the dog's life to analyze. Describe this event. When does it take place? Why does it take place?
3) Class Discussion: Discuss the students' responses. How are these events connected? How is the main character affected by these events? Are these events indicative of what it might be like to be a real dog? Why or why not?
4) Individual Activity: Research the efforts to find stray dogs. What organizations look for strays? Why do they do this? How does the community benefit from the finding of strays? What are the benefits and downfalls of being found if one is a stray dog?
5) Class Discussion: Discuss the students' research. How does Toby's life...
This section contains 5,203 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)