* This is a book about a dog who goes through four reincarnations.
* These first four chapters deal with the first lifetime of the main character, Toby. He is a mutt with three siblings and a feral mother.
* The first impression Toby has is of the fuzzy bodies of his three siblings and the wonderful, long tongue of his mother.
* Mother tries to teach them to fear humans.
* One day a truck drives slowly up and down the road as if searching for them; all are caught, except Sister.
* A woman with long, white hair, Senora, picks up Toby; she exudes love and friendliness.
* They are put in a large fenced-in yard with many other dogs of all sizes and ages.
* Senora gives Toby his name.
* Once in the yard, Toby gets to know the hierarchy.
* His mother escapes one night, and he follows her but is...
This section contains 2,063 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)