|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leopold suggest that people do, in towns threatened by Enguerrand?
2. What was a woman's recourse against a dominant husband?
3. Whom did the Genoese as for the French to fight with them?
4. What reason did Enguerrand give for wanting to stop fighting?
5. What city did the papal forces fail to take under Gregory XI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Charles almost killed during his pilgrimage of thanks?
2. Describe Enguerrand's actions against Charles of Navarre.
3. What happens when Charles goes mad?
4. What are marriages typically like in 14th-century France?
5. Why do the English commoners revolt, and how does Richard II quell their rebellion?
6. How does Charles try to win the good will of his people?
7. What are conditions like in England in 1376?
8. Describe the beginnings of the Inquisition.
9. Describe Catherine of Siena's personality and her influence on the Pope.
10. Who is Philip van Artevelde and what is his role?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Italy was hardly ever at war with England or France, but the Italian region was often in turmoil and affected French politics. What was the role of Italy in French and English politics, and how was Italy act its role? What marriage, battles, uprising and policies in Italy affected France and England? Analyze and describe the role of Italian and Vatican politics in France and England.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the gap between rich and poor in the fourteenth century and the gap between rich and poor now. How are our times different from the fourteenth century's? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effect Enguerrand's death had on the Coucy estate. How did he leave it? Had he improved it? Had it fallen apart? How had Enguerrand prepared his successor? Did those who assumed responsibility for the estate reflect his same values?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)