|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pleaded with the pope for Church reform?
(a) Catherine of Siena.
(b) Archbishop Bari.
2. Who was captured and held without ransom?
(a) The Black Prince.
(c) Captal de Buch.
(d) King Edward.
3. How did Enguerrand punish looters?
(a) Hard labor.
(c) He did not punish them.
4. Who condemned Enguerrand's sale of dynastic property?
(b) Wenceslas IV.
(d) Count Guy de Blois.
5. What did Coucy do in 1368?
(a) Coucy levied high taxes on his people to pay to be rid of the army passing through.
(b) Coucy returned to England for Enguerrand's marriage.
(c) Coucy granted freedom to 22 towns.
(d) Coucy marched with an army to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turn of events allowed Enguerrand's forces to defeat Visconti's?
2. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
3. Under what condition was sex permitted in the mid-fourteenth century?
4. When did Enguerrand marry Isabelle?
5. What caused the bourgeoisie to come to a peaceful settlement in regard to the King's tax policy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicts take place in Italy after Robert's reign?
2. Describe the marriage of Isabella and Enguerrand.
3. Who is Philip van Artevelde and what is his role?
4. Describe the problem of brigands in the French countryside.
5. What happens when Charles goes mad?
6. Describe Roman Emperor Charles IV's visit to Paris.
7. What are marriages typically like in 14th-century France?
8. What luxuries do the nobility indulge in?
9. How is Charles almost killed during his pilgrimage of thanks?
10. What are conditions like in England in 1376?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)