|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pierre de Luxembourg attain canonization?
(a) By healing the sick as a child.
(b) By bearing the stigmata.
(c) By renouncing the flesh at age six.
(d) By dying at six.
2. Who condemned Enguerrand's sale of dynastic property?
(c) Wenceslas IV.
(d) Count Guy de Blois.
3. Who pleaded with the pope for Church reform?
(b) Archbishop Bari.
(d) Catherine of Siena.
4. What did the Black Prince order his people to do in Limoges?
(a) Open a Roman Catholic school.
(b) Take possession of the library and art collections.
(c) Collect taxes.
(d) Destroy the town and slaughter the people.
5. Whom did the Genoese as for the French to fight with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
2. What did King Edward's daughter decide on her way to her wedding?
3. How common was it for women to earn wages?
4. What did Anjou ask for before his death?
5. How was sex handled in King Edward's culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Enguerrand's campaign in Alsace.
2. Describe the marriage of Isabella and Enguerrand.
3. What happens when Charles goes mad?
4. What is Enguerrand VI's reign like for the peasants?
5. How is the Black Death handled when it returns in 1373-74?
6. Describe Enguerrand's actions against Charles of Navarre.
7. How is Charles almost killed during his pilgrimage of thanks?
8. What are conditions like in England in 1376?
9. What conflicts take place in Italy after Robert's reign?
10. Who is Philip van Artevelde and what is his role?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)