|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had King Charles promised on his deathbed?
(a) That taxes would not be collected.
(b) That armies would be disbanded.
(c) That the monarchy would be dissolved.
(d) That the people would get to vote.
2. Who was King Edward's daughter promised to when she was nineteen?
(a) A nobleman's youngest son.
(b) A propertied landowner.
(c) A wealthy merchant's son.
(d) A propertied landowner's son.
3. Charles of Navarre is arrested under suspicion of what?
(a) Murdering his brother-in-law.
(b) Plotting to overthrow the king.
(c) Plotting to murder his wife's father.
(d) Plotting to poison the king.
4. How did the French try to take the Saracens' city?
(a) By trade.
(b) By deceit.
(c) By siege.
(d) By force.
5. Who convinced Gregory XI to hire mercenaries against the Italians?
(a) Robert of Geneva.
(b) Charles IV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Wenceslas IV?
2. What was Enguerrand's relation to the English King?
3. What does Leopold suggest that people do, in towns threatened by Enguerrand?
4. Who was the first child of Kind Edward and Queen Philippa?
5. How does Catherine of Siena serve Christ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Enguerrand's actions against Charles of Navarre.
2. How does Charles of Navarre die?
3. Describe the marriage of Isabella and Enguerrand.
4. Describe the Genoese expedition to Tunis.
5. What is Enguerrand VI's reign like for the peasants?
6. Who is Philip van Artevelde and what is his role?
7. What bad news do the English get during their one-year truce with France?
8. Describe Buckingham's expedition to France shortly before the French king's death.
9. Describe Catherine of Siena's personality and her influence on the Pope.
10. What conflicts take place in Italy after Robert's reign?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)