|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Philip de Artevelde offer allegiance after he assumed the Regent?
(a) The Pope.
2. Who assumes the Papacy after Gregory?
(a) Urban VI.
(b) King Charles.
3. Who was the first child of Kind Edward and Queen Philippa?
4. What happened to Urban VI after he assumed the Papacy?
(a) He initiated an age of peace and exploration.
(b) He sought to unify the cardinals and archbishops.
(c) He brokered peace between England and France.
(d) His power went to his head.
5. How common was it for women to earn wages?
(a) Fairly common.
(b) Women could only work in certain restricted trades.
(d) Only lower-class women could work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Enguerrand's relation to the English King?
2. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
3. How were women portrayed in 14th century literature?
4. What did King Edward's daughter decide on her way to her wedding?
5. Why was Louis II's marriage to Bernabo Visconti's daughter annulled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lionel, Duke of Clarence's wedding to Violante Visconti.
2. Describe Catherine of Siena's personality and her influence on the Pope.
3. Describe the problem of brigands in the French countryside.
4. Why do the English commoners revolt, and how does Richard II quell their rebellion?
5. What conflicts take place in Italy after Robert's reign?
6. Describe the marriage of Isabella and Enguerrand.
7. What luxuries do the nobility indulge in?
8. What bad news do the English get during their one-year truce with France?
9. What are marriages typically like in 14th-century France?
10. What are conditions like in England in 1376?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)