|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people lived in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. How did the poor organize to oppose the influence of the rich?
(a) They formed labor unions.
(b) They held town hall meetings.
(c) They formed militias.
(d) They formed brotherhoods.
3. What did the Pastoreaux do to oppose the Church?
(a) They burned buildings and opened prisons.
(b) They marched on Rome.
(c) They attacked Jews.
(d) They besieged the castle at Coucy.
4. What was Enguerrange III known for?
(a) His oppressive taxation.
(b) His brigandage.
(c) His conquests.
(d) The generosity of his noblemen.
5. How did the people who built the castle of Coucy allow for the people inside the castle to provide for themselves during a siege?
(a) They built a network of underground entrances.
(b) They built installed a system of early detection for invaders.
(c) They built a moat around the castle for water.
(d) They enclosed the surrounding farmland in walls as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
2. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
3. Who was exempt from taxation?
4. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
5. Who was the first "lord of Coucy"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)