|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which parties were in political conflict in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) The clergy and rulers.
(b) Aristocrats and rulers.
(c) Rulers and the freemen.
(d) Rulers and merchants.
2. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
(b) Exile to Britain.
(c) A pilgrimage to Rome.
(d) Devoting one's children to the church.
3. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
(a) It was developed into a castle.
(b) It was consolidated with neighboring territories.
(c) It was attacked and ravaged.
(d) It was sold as a commune.
4. Who founded an Augustinian monastery in Coucy?
(a) Aubry de Coucy.
(b) Comte d'Eudes.
(c) Abbot Guibert.
(d) Archibishop Herve.
5. Who was Pope in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) John XXII.
(b) Clement III.
(c) Phillip VI.
(d) Clement V.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the political situation like in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. What did the Pastoreaux do to oppose the Church?
3. Who built Coucy up in spite of being excommunicated?
4. Who was the first "lord of Coucy"?
5. How did the people who built the castle of Coucy allow for the people inside the castle to provide for themselves during a siege?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)