|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the castle of Coucy located?
2. How long did it take to build the castle of Coucy?
(a) Seven generations.
(b) Seventy years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
3. Who founded an Augustinian monastery in Coucy?
(a) Archibishop Herve.
(b) Aubry de Coucy.
(c) Abbot Guibert.
(d) Comte d'Eudes.
4. What was the political situation like in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Chaotic but largely plutocratic.
(b) Prosperous and democratic.
(c) Constantly unstable.
(d) A repressive dictatorship.
5. What was Enguerrange III known for?
(a) His conquests.
(b) His oppressive taxation.
(c) His brigandage.
(d) The generosity of his noblemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the castle of Coucy primarily built for?
2. Who built Coucy up in spite of being excommunicated?
3. Why did nobles neglect to condemn the luxuries of the clergy?
4. How did the church resist dissolution for its excesses?
5. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)