|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief among the people allowed the church to maintain its position and make money?
(a) The idea that paying alms earns you a place in Heaven.
(b) The idea that serving the church in the military would give you the chance to earn grace.
(c) The idea that opposing the church would automatically send you to hell.
(d) The idea that giving to the church would save you from troubles in this life.
2. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
(a) The worshippers themselves.
(b) Patron saints.
(c) The pope.
(d) The bishops.
3. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
(a) By raiding Templar meeting houses.
(b) By publishing intercepted letters.
(c) By forcing confessions from Knights Templar.
(d) By playing off people's superstitions.
4. Who was exempt from taxation?
(a) Men of the sword.
(b) People with only one estate.
5. How did the people who built the castle of Coucy allow for the people inside the castle to provide for themselves during a siege?
(a) They enclosed the surrounding farmland in walls as well.
(b) They built installed a system of early detection for invaders.
(c) They built a moat around the castle for water.
(d) They built a network of underground entrances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the church teach about life on earth?
2. When did Herve built the first castle in Coucy?
3. When was the castle of Coucy built?
4. Which parties were in political conflict in the beginning of the 14th century?
5. How many people were considered nobles in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)