|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were considered nobles in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. Who was exempt from taxation?
(a) People with only one estate.
(d) Men of the sword.
3. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
(a) It was attacked and ravaged.
(b) It was sold as a commune.
(c) It was developed into a castle.
(d) It was consolidated with neighboring territories.
4. What did the Pastoreaux do to oppose the Church?
(a) They attacked Jews.
(b) They marched on Rome.
(c) They besieged the castle at Coucy.
(d) They burned buildings and opened prisons.
5. What was Enguerrange III known for?
(a) The generosity of his noblemen.
(b) His oppressive taxation.
(c) His conquests.
(d) His brigandage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the castle of Coucy primarily built for?
2. When did Herve built the first castle in Coucy?
3. What was the political situation like in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
4. Where is the castle of Coucy located?
5. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)