|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded an Augustinian monastery in Coucy?
(a) Aubry de Coucy.
(b) Archibishop Herve.
(c) Comte d'Eudes.
(d) Abbot Guibert.
2. What roles did the Church play in Coucy society?
(a) Comforter and teacher.
(b) Prophet and mystic.
(c) Protector and police.
(d) Governor and jailer.
3. Who was exempt from taxation?
(b) People with only one estate.
(c) Men of the sword.
4. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
(a) The bishops.
(b) The worshippers themselves.
(c) The pope.
(d) Patron saints.
5. What could bastard sons buy from the church in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Military appointments.
(c) Nobility papers.
(d) Papers of legitimacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
2. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
3. How did the poor organize to oppose the influence of the rich?
4. What did the Pastoreaux do to oppose the Church?
5. How long did it take to build the castle of Coucy?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)