|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of France, according to Rousseau, as a result of the introduction of the arts and sciences?
(a) The arts and sciences were a detrimental luxury.
(b) The needed the arts and sciences.
(c) They discovered that they were better off in their ignorance.
(d) The arts and sciences were only a luxury.
2. According to Rousseau, what is the savage man of nature focused on?
(b) Arts and sciences.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Self knowledge.
3. What would make property rights equal?
(a) New government.
(b) New leadership.
(c) If human talents were equal.
4. What cannot be uncovered about nature's inequality, according to Rousseau?
(a) The result.
(b) The reason.
(c) The source.
(d) The detriment.
5. What does Rousseau focus on in "Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy"?
(a) Men's conflict.
(b) Governmental conflict.
(d) The economy of the polity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, what was life of man limited to before his interests grew?
2. According to Rousseau, what do those who follow the law dictated by the general will essentially follow?
3. How many relationships do members of the civil association have, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau feel differing forms of government result in?
5. What do few artists defend according to Rousseau in "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)