|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rousseau analyze the effects of the arts and sciences on at the end of "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences. Part 1"?
2. According to Rousseau in "Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy" what is the first duty of the Legislator?
(a) To find luxury in leadership.
(b) To conform his own opinions to the public's.
(c) To conform to his own will.
(d) To conform to the law of the general will.
3. How does Rousseau believe men should feel at the state of leaving ignorance?
4. How many relationships do members of the civil association have, according to Rousseau?
5. What does Rousseau hope the citizens are able to keep?
(a) Their democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Rousseau first figure out before writing "A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality"?
2. What was man's first feeling, according to Rousseau?
3. What did men dwell on according to Rousseau in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
4. According to Rousseau, what ancient thinker praised ignorance?
5. How are virtue and learning related according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)