|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rousseau believe inequality came?
(a) When people noticed power.
(b) When democracy was strongest.
(c) When democracy was weakest.
(d) When people desire power.
2. Why does Rousseau believe the arts and sciences are responsible for the fall and collapse of human's morality?
(a) They corrupt human thought.
(b) The improve well roundedness.
(c) They corrupt human importance.
(d) They negate human reason.
3. What does Rousseau argue that men with talent should do?
(a) Live in exile.
(b) Show compassion.
(c) Be humble.
(d) Reap glory and remain obscure.
4. What is the body's general will, according to Rousseau?
(a) For prosperity for the government.
(b) For the preservation and welfare of the whole and every part.
(c) For luxury.
(d) For the endurance of mankind.
5. What can society no longer exist on after luxury is introduced, according to Rousseau?
(a) Plants and acorns.
(b) Private income.
(c) Peaceful existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one have no time to learn when he or she is learning science, according to Rousseau?
2. How are virtue and learning related according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
3. What did the poor become, according to Rousseau?
4. What does inequality cheapen according to Rousseau?
5. What was man's first feeling, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)