|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teaches man to act according to their own judgment and not be inconsistent with himself?
(a) Affected reason.
(b) General reason.
(c) Common reason.
(d) Public reason.
2. Slavery makes people tend to be what according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
3. According to Rousseau, what ancient thinker praised ignorance?
4. What is true philosophy, according to Rousseau in "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(a) Knowing power.
(b) Knowing how to speak.
(c) Knowing how to act.
(d) Knowing consequence.
5. What does Rousseau think the government and society can have?
(a) The same beliefs.
(b) The game goals.
(c) Opposing goals.
(d) Opposing interests,
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, who destroyed human compassion?
2. What does Rousseau see as possibly contradictory in "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
3. What is the first principle of public economy and government?
4. What does Rousseau think humans are called to in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
5. What does philosophy do?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)