|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau write was required in order to reach a new period of reason?
(a) The ability to forgive.
(b) A new period of desire.
(c) A period of art.
(d) A revolution.
2. Where must public money pass through in large civil societies, according to Rousseau in "Chapter 7, A Discourse on Political Economy"?
(a) The judicial system.
(b) The hands of the rulers.
(c) The bank.
(d) The hands of the government.
3. How are virtue and learning related according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
(a) One must learn to understand virtue.
(b) Virtue exitsts without knowledge of it.
(c) They are contradictory.
(d) They are polar opposites.
4. What is public economy, according to Rousseau?
5. Where does Rousseau believe speech arose from?
(a) The property phenomenon.
(b) Between dad and child.
(c) Between mom and child.
(d) Out of necessity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Rousseau NOT want the youth to seek?
2. Mankind's new period of reason is a transition from what age according to Rousseau?
3. The arts and sciences have helped human beings to repress what according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
4. What does Rousseau think the government and society can have?
5. Who does Rousseau think promulgates wicked doctrines?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)