|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of rights does Rousseau want the cities in his State to have?
(a) To vote.
(b) To make peace.
(c) To make laws.
(d) To make war.
2. How many natural principles does Rousseau see in humanity at the end of "Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface"?
3. What should mans' response to the effects of art and science on society be, as described by Rousseau?
(a) Embrace it.
(b) Men should be humiliated by this.
(c) Be humbled by it.
(d) Be proud of it.
4. Who did Rousseau praise for his ignorance in "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part 1"?
(c) Issac Newton.
5. What does the dissolution of morality follow according to Rousseau?
(a) Luxury and the corruption of taste.
(b) Pride and corruption of intelligence.
(d) Desire and the corruption of soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe ensures wicked doctrines corrupting life forever?
2. What does Rousseau consider to see if the contradiction he found was true?
3. What did Rousseau believe created physics?
4. What does Rousseau argue at the beginning of "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
5. According to Rousseau, what led to the degeneration of society?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)