|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rousseau want to live and die?
(a) With power.
(b) In solitude.
(d) With love.
2. Slavery makes people tend to be what according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
3. What has destroyed taste, according to the end of "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(a) Moral corruption.
4. What does Rousseau argue at the beginning of "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(a) Many civilizations believe that science arose from an enemy of humanity.
(b) Many civilizations believe that art arose from an enemy of humanity.
(c) That the arts are corrupt.
(d) That the government is corrupt.
5. What does Rousseau want all individuals to have love for?
(a) Their history.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say arts require?
2. How do modern centuries see natural law?
3. What does Rousseau reflect on at the beginning of "Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface"?
4. What good definition is hard to find, according to Rousseau?
5. How did Rousseau feel men treated morality before art?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)