|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe ensures wicked doctrines corrupting life forever?
(b) Art and artists.
(c) The printing press.
2. Which of the following are NOT the natural enemies of mankind, mentioned in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
(b) Old age.
3. Who spread knowledge to the masses, according to Rousseau?
(b) Textbook writers.
4. What has added little to happiness in humans, according to Rousseau?
(b) The progress of art.
(c) Government contol.
(d) The progress of arts and sciences.
5. What does Rousseau believe happens with the more a human knows?
(a) More time to want greed.
(b) More time to discuss topics.
(c) Less time for mischief.
(d) More time for mischief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau compare in his illustration in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
2. What makes use of human understanding, according to Rousseau?
3. What is a natural virtue considered to be, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau argue that men with talent should do?
5. How is wasting time viewed by society today, according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)