|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe happens with the more a human knows?
(a) More time to want greed.
(b) More time for mischief.
(c) More time to discuss topics.
(d) Less time for mischief.
2. What can society no longer exist on after luxury is introduced, according to Rousseau?
(b) Plants and acorns.
(c) Peaceful existence.
(d) Private income.
3. What cannot be uncovered about nature's inequality, according to Rousseau?
(a) The result.
(b) The source.
(c) The detriment.
(d) The reason.
4. What does inequality cheapen according to Rousseau?
5. What do humans owe many of their ideas to?
(c) The nature.
(d) Their ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe is an artist's greatest compensation for his labor?
2. What does Rousseau feel happens to the state as a result of luxury development?
3. What summarizes the end of "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
4. What did men dwell on according to Rousseau in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
5. What does Rousseau say separates the sensation of the savage from simple knowledge?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)