|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What created ethics according to Rousseau?
2. Who does Rousseau think promulgates wicked doctrines?
3. What do few artists defend according to Rousseau in "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(a) Their desire.
(b) Their family.
(c) Their work.
(d) Their country.
4. What does Rousseau believe is the reason men now live apart?
(a) To have more land.
(b) Secrecy is best.
(c) To hide their wickedness.
(d) To keep their personal secrets.
5. What would history be empty without, according Rousseau?
(a) Without tyrants or wars.
(c) Without greed and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say separates the sensation of the savage from simple knowledge?
2. What does inequality cheapen according to Rousseau?
3. Who spread knowledge to the masses, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau say wise men do not chase?
5. What did Rousseau believe created physics?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)