|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives up information about Qeng Ho technology in Chapter Twenty?
2. Who does Qiwi Lisolet have tea with in Chapter Twenty-One?
3. What is the name of the home where Sherkaner's family lives?
4. Who says that he has information about Pham Nuwen which has been moved to a place where Ezr can read about the "atrocities" in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Qiwi believes the humans will be revealing themselves to the Spiders within the next how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed by Qiwi and Pham Trilini in Chapter Twenty? How does Ezr respond?
2. How does Pham contact Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Six? What is Ezr's reaction to Pham?
3. What is the state of the kidnapped children in Chapters Thirty-One and Thirty-Two?
4. What children arrive at the Royal Museum in Chapters Twenty-Seven and Twenty-Eight?
5. What empire does Pham hope to build in Chapter Twenty-Two? How?
6. Why does Thomas Nau propose a toast to the two groups in Chapter Forty-Two?
7. Who does Qiwi meet for tea in Chapter Twenty-One? What is discussed?
8. How does Unnerby feel about Sherkaner's children in Chapter Forty-Three?
9. What are Pham's thoughts on the focusing process in Chapter Twenty-Two?
10. What does Victory Smith reveal about Pedure in Chapter Twenty-Five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the imagery in the narrative and the attack in Chapters Seven and Eight. What symbolism can be seen in these chapters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Arachna and the On/Off Star. How long are periods of light and dark there? How does this affect Spider society?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Thomas Nau and Ann Reynolt. How are they different? What objectives do they share?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)