|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Two, the children have been free for about how long?
2. In Chapter Twenty, who reveals that there are problems stabilizing the rock piles they are trying to mine?
3. In Chapter Thirty-Nine, Pham discovers that what woman he'd loved was behind the plot to eliminate his plans?
4. Who learns that Thomas Nau has people looking for any information that might lead to more Qeng Ho secrets in Chapter Twenty?
5. Who does Pham knock unconscious and then wipe her memory in Chapter Forty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are "Captain Lisolet" and "The Man" from the book's Prologue? How are they explained in Chapter Forty-Three?
2. What is revealed by Qiwi and Pham Trilini in Chapter Twenty? How does Ezr respond?
3. What woman is missing, according to Floria Peres in Chapter Twenty-One? Why?
4. How does Ezr discover Pham Trilini's identity in Chapter Twenty-Six?
5. What empire does Pham hope to build in Chapter Twenty-Two? How?
6. Who are the parents of the young children at the Museum in Chapter Twenty-Eight? What do they reveal?
7. What beliefs drive the Spiders to reproduce in cycles?
8. What children arrive at the Royal Museum in Chapters Twenty-Seven and Twenty-Eight?
9. How does Unnerby feel about Sherkaner's children in Chapter Forty-Three?
10. How does Pham contact Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Six? What is Ezr's reaction to Pham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Ritsel Brughel and his actions and objectives in the narrative. Why does Ritsel accuse Qiwi of subversion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the characters of Ezr Vinh and Qiwi Lisolet. How old are the characters? How do they know one another?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Pham Trilini in "A Deepness in the Sky". From what planet is Pham and how did he come to the Qeng Ho?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)