|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notes that he's probably the only person who knows what happened to Jimmy Diem's crew, other than the murderers, and pledges to avenge that group in Chapter Twenty-Five?
2. Who climbs a shelf and swings forward, "splatting" herself against the glass separating the control room with the area set up for the debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
3. Who does Qiwi promise to keep an eye on for Ezr while he is in cold sleep in Chapter Twenty-One?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
5. Pham Trilini sees that having focused people in the Qeng Ho could increase the power of what in Chapter Twenty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas Nau learn about the kidnapping in Chapter Thirty? Who does Victory Smith lash out at?
2. What are Pham's thoughts on the focusing process in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. How does Spider society respond to Sherkaner's family?
4. What beliefs drive the Spiders to reproduce in cycles?
5. What empire does Pham hope to build in Chapter Twenty-Two? How?
6. Who does Qiwi meet for tea in Chapter Twenty-One? What is discussed?
7. What is revealed by Qiwi and Pham Trilini in Chapter Twenty? How does Ezr respond?
8. How does Victory feel about exposing her children to the public debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
9. What children arrive at the Royal Museum in Chapters Twenty-Seven and Twenty-Eight?
10. How does Victory Junior feel about the kidnapping after the children are rescued?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different factions amongst the Spiders. What are the objectives of the Crown and the Tiefstadt?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the conflicts between the Qeng Ho and the Emergents in Chapter Twenty. What information does Pham give up regarding Qeng Ho technology?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Thomas Nau and Ann Reynolt. How are they different? What objectives do they share?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)