|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Two, there's a gathering of those aboard the ships and Thomas proposes a toast, pointing out that some how many years prior the two sides had almost killed each other off?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Qiwi believes the humans will be revealing themselves to the Spiders within the next how many years?
3. Victory Junior and what other child of Sherkaner's participates in the debate against allowing the Spider program to continue in Chapter Twenty-Four?
4. With whom was Pham Trilini in love with and had many children, some while he was away building the empire they dreamed of, as recalled in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Director Ann Reynolt.
(b) Sura Vinh.
(c) Trixia Bronsol.
(d) Victory Smith.
5. In Chapter Twenty-Five, Ezr watches as Ann Reynolt and others treat who and others who suddenly seem out of control?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Pham Trilini.
(c) Trixia Bronsol.
(d) Captain Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a stratagem employed to conceal something or evade an argument?
2. Who does Pham knock unconscious and then wipe her memory in Chapter Forty-Two?
3. In Chapter Twenty-One, Qiwi discovers that Ezr is going to be in cold sleep for how long?
4. What was the technology called which were used for many purposes, but Pham's initial contact with them included the owner's use of them to read Pham's organ functions and thought processes without his knowledge that it was happening?
5. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, Pham recalls a meeting where he found himself involved in a plot to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed by Qiwi and Pham Trilini in Chapter Twenty? How does Ezr respond?
2. What does Victory Smith reveal about Pedure in Chapter Twenty-Five?
3. How does Victory Junior feel about the kidnapping after the children are rescued?
4. How does Spider society respond to Sherkaner's family?
5. What are Pham's thoughts on the focusing process in Chapter Twenty-Two?
6. Who are "Captain Lisolet" and "The Man" from the book's Prologue? How are they explained in Chapter Forty-Three?
7. How does Pham contact Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Six? What is Ezr's reaction to Pham?
8. Who does Qiwi meet for tea in Chapter Twenty-One? What is discussed?
9. What empire does Pham hope to build in Chapter Twenty-Two? How?
10. What is the state of the kidnapped children in Chapters Thirty-One and Thirty-Two?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)