|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Qiwi promise to keep an eye on for Ezr while he is in cold sleep in Chapter Twenty-One?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Director Ann Reynolt.
(c) Pham Trilini.
(d) Trixia Bronsol.
2. In Chapter Twenty-Six, Ritsel thinks that the _____ that have performed on Qiwi over the years have become a highlight of entertainment for him.
3. How many children are taken away by Spiders who are dressed as guards in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
4. In Chapter Twenty-One, Thomas Nau has to hollow out a cave in one of the orbiting what?
5. What redheaded problem-solver of sorts has been focused in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Director Ann Reynolt.
(b) Trixia Bronsol.
(c) Floria Peres.
(d) Victory Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laments the fate of the children, causing Victory to become enraged and telling him to take his "moral baggage" and leave her house in Chapter Thirty?
2. Pham Trilini sees that having focused people in the Qeng Ho could increase the power of what in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. In Chapter Twenty-Four, the debate against allowing the Spider program to continue is voiced by who and two of Sherkaner's children?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Six, Pham contacts Ezr through a children's game called what?
5. Who learns that Thomas Nau has people looking for any information that might lead to more Qeng Ho secrets in Chapter Twenty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spider society respond to Sherkaner's family?
2. How does Victory feel about exposing her children to the public debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
3. How does Unnerby feel about Sherkaner's children in Chapter Forty-Three?
4. What does Thomas Nau learn about the kidnapping in Chapter Thirty? Who does Victory Smith lash out at?
5. What beliefs drive the Spiders to reproduce in cycles?
6. How does Victory Junior feel about the kidnapping after the children are rescued?
7. What is revealed by Qiwi and Pham Trilini in Chapter Twenty? How does Ezr respond?
8. What empire does Pham hope to build in Chapter Twenty-Two? How?
9. Who are the parents of the young children at the Museum in Chapter Twenty-Eight? What do they reveal?
10. Who are "Captain Lisolet" and "The Man" from the book's Prologue? How are they explained in Chapter Forty-Three?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)