|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-One, what do the children hear just as the kidnappers arrive and try to move them to a different location?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Two, the children have been free for about how long?
(a) 16 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 20 minutes.
3. Who becomes violent and strikes the woman who was translating the words of Pedure in Chapter Twenty-Four?
(a) Ali Lin.
(b) Gonle Fong.
(c) Ezr Vinh.
(d) Trixia Bronsol.
4. Who gives up information about Qeng Ho technology in Chapter Twenty?
(a) Trixia Bronsol.
(b) Captain Park.
(c) Pham Trilini.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
5. In Chapter Twenty-Two, Pham believes he will build an empire so large that even the destruction of what will be something to be managed rather than the end of the empire?
(a) A solar system.
(b) A nation.
(c) A star.
(d) A planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sherkaner's wife reveals that Pedure's church is called what in Chapter Twenty-Five?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
3. Sherkaner's wife reveals that Pedure is actually from what faction in Chapter Twenty-Five?
4. In Chapter Twenty-One, Thomas Nau has to hollow out a cave in one of the orbiting what?
5. Whose two bodyguards are out-of-phase twenty-year-olds in Chapter Forty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What children arrive at the Royal Museum in Chapters Twenty-Seven and Twenty-Eight?
2. How does Pham contact Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Six? What is Ezr's reaction to Pham?
3. Who are the parents of the young children at the Museum in Chapter Twenty-Eight? What do they reveal?
4. How does Ezr discover Pham Trilini's identity in Chapter Twenty-Six?
5. What beliefs drive the Spiders to reproduce in cycles?
6. How does Victory Junior feel about the kidnapping after the children are rescued?
7. Who does Qiwi meet for tea in Chapter Twenty-One? What is discussed?
8. Hare do the societal values of the Spiders relate to human society?
9. How is Sherkaner different than the majority of Spider society?
10. Who are "Captain Lisolet" and "The Man" from the book's Prologue? How are they explained in Chapter Forty-Three?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)