|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty, who learns that those listening to Spider broadcasts have discovered where the children are being held, even though the Spiders themselves are unable to figure it out?
(a) Victory Smith.
(b) Trixia Bronsol.
(c) Ezr Vinh.
(d) Thomas Nau.
2. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
(a) Government oversight.
(b) A church-oriented boycott.
(c) Public outrage.
(d) Issuing fines.
3. Who says that he has information about Pham Nuwen which has been moved to a place where Ezr can read about the "atrocities" in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Hrunkner Unnerby.
(b) Jimmy Diem.
(c) Thomas Nau.
(d) Captain Park.
4. What refers to a stratagem employed to conceal something or evade an argument?
(a) Faux Pas.
5. Pham Trilini sees that having focused people in the Qeng Ho could increase the power of what in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) The traders.
(b) The Spiders.
(d) The Emergents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes violent and strikes the woman who was translating the words of Pedure in Chapter Twenty-Four?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, four children of Serkaner's arrive at what location?
3. Who feels ashamed of his attack on Qiwi in Chapter Twenty-Six?
4. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Pham thinks back, remembering when he'd been involved with a young military man named what?
5. On the main ship, Ezr encounters who and is angry because she is behind the broadcast translations that led to the fight in Chapter Twenty-Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What beliefs drive the Spiders to reproduce in cycles?
2. Hare do the societal values of the Spiders relate to human society?
3. What children arrive at the Royal Museum in Chapters Twenty-Seven and Twenty-Eight?
4. What woman is missing, according to Floria Peres in Chapter Twenty-One? Why?
5. Who does Qiwi meet for tea in Chapter Twenty-One? What is discussed?
6. How does Unnerby feel about Sherkaner's children in Chapter Forty-Three?
7. How does Victory feel about exposing her children to the public debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
8. What is Pham's reaction when Qiwi is attacked by Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Five?
9. How does Pham contact Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Six? What is Ezr's reaction to Pham?
10. How does Spider society respond to Sherkaner's family?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)