|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, four children of Serkaner's encounter two children who are less than how old?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
2. With whom was Pham Trilini in love with and had many children, some while he was away building the empire they dreamed of, as recalled in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Director Ann Reynolt.
(b) Victory Smith.
(c) Sura Vinh.
(d) Trixia Bronsol.
3. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, Pham recalls a meeting that was set up theoretically to announce what?
(a) A victory celebration.
(b) A plan for peace.
(c) The emerging plans of the Qeng Ho.
(d) Plans to repair the ship.
4. Victory Junior and what other child of Sherkaner's participates in the debate against allowing the Spider program to continue in Chapter Twenty-Four?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
(a) Issuing fines.
(b) A church-oriented boycott.
(c) Public outrage.
(d) Government oversight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Five, Ezr watches as Ann Reynolt and others treat who and others who suddenly seem out of control?
2. Who says that the plans to remain during the Dark sound like a plan to commit a mass murder in the end of the debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
3. Who does Qiwi promise to keep an eye on for Ezr while he is in cold sleep in Chapter Twenty-One?
4. In Chapter Twenty, who reveals that there are problems stabilizing the rock piles they are trying to mine?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Three, Ezr wakes during what year after the Relight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Victory Smith reveal about Pedure in Chapter Twenty-Five?
2. What are Pham's thoughts on the focusing process in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. How does Spider society respond to Sherkaner's family?
4. What is Pham's reaction when Qiwi is attacked by Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Five?
5. How does Pham contact Ezr in Chapter Twenty-Six? What is Ezr's reaction to Pham?
6. How does Victory feel about exposing her children to the public debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
7. What woman is missing, according to Floria Peres in Chapter Twenty-One? Why?
8. Hare do the societal values of the Spiders relate to human society?
9. How does Ezr discover Pham Trilini's identity in Chapter Twenty-Six?
10. Who are the parents of the young children at the Museum in Chapter Twenty-Eight? What do they reveal?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)