|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy's team find on board the Far Treasure in Chapter Twelve?
(d) Dead bodies.
2. What member of one of the families that owns interest in the Qeng Ho expedition is working as an apprentice Trader when the ships reach Arachna?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Ezr Vinh.
(c) Jimmy Diem.
(d) Thomas Nau.
3. What is Qiwi Lisolet's mother's name?
4. Who is the head of the Emergents' expedition and is a man whose greed makes him oblivious to everything else?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Ann Reynolt.
(c) Victory Smith.
(d) Hrunkner Unnerby.
5. One of the programs being broadcast which Trixia uses as a source of information about the Spiders in Chapter Eighteen is what?
(a) On a government network.
(b) Is in an indecipherable language.
(c) About to go off the air.
(d) A children's show about science.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the relighting of the On/Off Star in Chapter Eleven, who has ideas for the job but is forced to remain on board while Jimmy handles the project?
2. What faction of the Spiders is Sherkaner working for in Chapter Six?
3. In Chapter Sixteen, Ritsel briefs Thomas on specific issues and accuses Qiwi of what?
4. In Chapter Three, Ezr's group finds what appears to be the remains of what structure in Arachna?
5. In Chapter Thirteen, who points out that the two factions now have no choice but to concentrate on joint survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pham Trilini? How is he described in the first chapters of the book?
2. What does the term "focused" mean in the context of the book?
3. Who are Sherkaner's children in Chapter Fifteen?
4. How do the Emergents differ from the Qeng Ho in their exploration of other planets?
5. What does Ezr discover about his injury during the attack in Chapter Ten?
6. What promotion does Ezr receive in Chapter Nine? Why?
7. What is the relationship between Victory Smith and Sherkaner like in the first chapters of the book?
8. What creature do Sherk and Tarant encounter during the attack of the supply station in Chapter Seven?
9. How is Spider civilization described by the author in the first chapters of the book?
10. How is the university described in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)