|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faction of the Spiders is Sherkaner working for in Chapter Six?
(a) The Tiefstadt.
(b) The Royals.
(c) The Crown.
(d) The Frenzole.
2. What member of one of the families that owns interest in the Qeng Ho expedition is working as an apprentice Trader when the ships reach Arachna?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Jimmy Diem.
(c) Thomas Nau.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
3. Where do the inhabitants of Arachna live while the sun is turned off?
(a) In trees.
(b) Inside ice caves.
(c) On webs they wove among the surface.
4. In Chapter Eighteen, the Spiders have made progress on the rebuilding that has to occur, including the completion of the what?
5. In Chapter Seventeen, who created a club of sorts which, though not sanctioned by the Emergents, is allowed to exist and draws a great many visitors?
(a) Sura Vinh.
(b) Benny Wen.
(c) Ali Lin.
(d) Jimmy Diem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, there's a plan in place for a small force to wake during the Dark and to attack the Tiefstadt's what?
2. In Chapter Four, Sherkaner notes a number of pregnant females and males carrying "_____ on their backs."
3. Lands Command is where the Spiders conduct their most serious what?
4. Why are the conditions on Arachna difficult for Ezr and his team in Chapter Three?
5. What population in the book are traders and tend to search for ways of establishing trading agreements wherever they are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "mindrot" and how is it used in the attack in Chapters Seven and Eight?
2. What is the relationship between Victory Smith and Sherkaner like in the first chapters of the book?
3. What does Ezr discover about his injury during the attack in Chapter Ten?
4. Who is Pham Trilini? How is he described in the first chapters of the book?
5. How are Spiders described in "A Deepness in the Sky"? Where do they live?
6. Who are the Qeng Ho people, and what principle goal do they have as described in Chapter One?
7. What organic technology is being used by the Spiders in Chapter One?
8. Who is Thomas Nau and how did he come to his position in the mission?
9. How is Spider civilization described by the author in the first chapters of the book?
10. How do the Emergents differ from the Qeng Ho in their exploration of other planets?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)