|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What redheaded female is a member of the Emergents and is among those who have been focused?
(a) Pham Trilini.
(b) Sura Vinh.
(c) Director Ann Reynolt.
(d) Victory Smith.
2. During the relighting of the On/Off Star in Chapter Eleven, who has ideas for the job but is forced to remain on board while Jimmy handles the project?
3. Lands Command is where the Spiders conduct their most serious what?
(b) Business meetings.
(c) Research projects.
4. Who has medical casts on all his left legs when he and Sherkaner meet for the first time?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Thomas Nau.
(c) Hrunkner Unnerby.
(d) Captain Park.
5. Emergent managers induce obsession with a single idea or specialty, which they call what in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Ezr's loyalty to the Qeng Ho in Chapter Ten?
2. In Chapter Four, Sherkaner notes a number of pregnant females and males carrying "_____ on their backs."
3. In Chapter Eighteen, the Spiders have made progress on the rebuilding that has to occur, including the completion of the what?
4. Why are the Qeng Ho operating with less technology than usual in Chapter Ten?
5. In Chapter Nineteen, the Spiders are how far through their Light years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who explains the use of "mindrot" to Ezr in Chapter Ten? How is it related to "focus"?
2. What creature do Sherk and Tarant encounter during the attack of the supply station in Chapter Seven?
3. What organic technology is being used by the Spiders in Chapter One?
4. How is Arachna described in the book? What periods of time are in darkness there and why?
5. What is "mindrot" and how is it used in the attack in Chapters Seven and Eight?
6. Who is Pham Trilini? How is he described in the first chapters of the book?
7. How is Ezr injured during the attack in Chapter Seven?
8. What does the term "focused" mean in the context of the book?
9. What is the relationship between Victory Smith and Sherkaner like in the first chapters of the book?
10. What does Ezr discover about his injury during the attack in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)