|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The time in Chapter Four is shortly before the beginning of the what?
(a) Chill Time.
(b) Great Dark.
(c) Absolute Zero.
(d) Light Absence.
2. What population in the book are traders and tend to search for ways of establishing trading agreements wherever they are?
(a) The Emergents.
(b) The Jong Da.
(c) The Qeng Ho.
(d) The Liberators.
3. The inhabitants of Arachna are referred to as what?
4. How old was Pham Nuwen when a group of traders arrived on his home planet?
5. In Chapter Seventeen, who created a club of sorts which, though not sanctioned by the Emergents, is allowed to exist and draws a great many visitors?
(a) Jimmy Diem.
(b) Ali Lin.
(c) Sura Vinh.
(d) Benny Wen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eighteen, the Spiders have made progress on the rebuilding that has to occur, including the completion of the what?
2. In Chapter Twelve, the Relight is causing all sorts of problems, and what are floating near several of the ships?
3. One of the programs being broadcast which Trixia uses as a source of information about the Spiders in Chapter Eighteen is what?
4. Ezr learns in Chapter Ten that the pain he'd felt was a virus given to many of the Qeng Ho, designed to do what?
5. Pham Nuwen has the idea to create a race of what in Chapter Seventeen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pham Trilini? How is he described in the first chapters of the book?
2. How do the Emergents differ from the Qeng Ho in their exploration of other planets?
3. What took place on the Far Treasure during the attack by the Emergents? What did Jimmy find?
4. How is Spider civilization described by the author in the first chapters of the book?
5. What is "mindrot" and how is it used in the attack in Chapters Seven and Eight?
6. What is the relationship between Victory Smith and Sherkaner like in the first chapters of the book?
7. How are Spiders described in "A Deepness in the Sky"? Where do they live?
8. How are the parks described in Chapters Ten and Eleven?
9. What are Sherkaner's plans for the Spiders as technology develops in Chapter Fifteen?
10. Who are Sherkaner's children in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)