|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says if Reynolt becomes a threat, he'll kill her in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Pham Nuwen.
(b) Hrunkner Unnerby.
(c) Benny Wen.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
2. Who laments the fate of the children, causing Victory to become enraged and telling him to take his "moral baggage" and leave her house in Chapter Thirty?
3. Pham Trilini sees that having focused people in the Qeng Ho could increase the power of what in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) The Spiders.
(b) The traders.
(c) The Emergents.
4. With whom was Pham Trilini in love with and had many children, some while he was away building the empire they dreamed of, as recalled in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Victory Smith.
(b) Sura Vinh.
(c) Director Ann Reynolt.
(d) Trixia Bronsol.
5. In Chapter Thirty, who learns that those listening to Spider broadcasts have discovered where the children are being held, even though the Spiders themselves are unable to figure it out?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Trixia Bronsol.
(c) Ezr Vinh.
(d) Victory Smith.
6. Who becomes violent and strikes the woman who was translating the words of Pedure in Chapter Twenty-Four?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Ali Lin.
(c) Trixia Bronsol.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
7. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
(a) A church-oriented boycott.
(b) Public outrage.
(c) Issuing fines.
(d) Government oversight.
8. In Chapter Twenty-Six, Ritsel thinks that the _____ that have performed on Qiwi over the years have become a highlight of entertainment for him.
9. What is the true identity of Pham Trilini?
(a) Qiwi Lisolet.
(b) Benny Wen.
(c) Pham Nuwen.
(d) Ritsel Brughel.
10. What was the technology called which were used for many purposes, but Pham's initial contact with them included the owner's use of them to read Pham's organ functions and thought processes without his knowledge that it was happening?
11. In Chapter Twenty-One, Qiwi discovers that Ezr is going to be in cold sleep for how long?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
12. What was recently discovered in the Kindred region of control in Chapter Forty-One?
(a) Diamond mines.
(b) Magic rock flour.
(c) A slave-trading post.
(d) Computer discs.
13. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Qiwi believes the humans will be revealing themselves to the Spiders within the next how many years?
14. Who gives up information about Qeng Ho technology in Chapter Twenty?
(a) Trixia Bronsol.
(b) Pham Trilini.
(c) Captain Park.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
15. Who are the parents of the two children who are encountered by Serkaner's children in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
(a) Ali and Ritsel Brughel.
(b) Luan and Qiwi Lisolet.
(c) Trenchet and Alendon Suabism.
(d) Luan and Thomas Nau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sherkaner's wife reveals that Pedure's church is called what in Chapter Twenty-Five?
2. What redheaded problem-solver of sorts has been focused in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Ezr comes off his coldsleep period earlier than he'd expected and goes to whose bar?
4. Who is caught eavesdropping and sent away before she can hear more of her parents' argument in Chapter Twenty-Five?
5. What refers to a stratagem employed to conceal something or evade an argument?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)