|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Nine, who breaks military rules by broadcasting the news of the kidnappings through an unsecure channel?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Five, Ezr watches as Ann Reynolt and others treat who and others who suddenly seem out of control?
(a) Trixia Bronsol.
(b) Thomas Nau.
(c) Pham Trilini.
(d) Captain Park.
3. Which of the children who was kidnapped is dead in Chapter Thirty-Two?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Four, the debate against allowing the Spider program to continue is voiced by who and two of Sherkaner's children?
5. Who argues that Spiders don't need to go through a Dark in order to have a soul in the debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Director Ann Reynolt.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
6. Who feels ashamed of his attack on Qiwi in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Jimmy Diem.
(c) Benny Wen.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
7. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Qiwi believes the humans will be revealing themselves to the Spiders within the next how many years?
8. Who are the parents of the two children who are encountered by Serkaner's children in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
(a) Ali and Ritsel Brughel.
(b) Luan and Thomas Nau.
(c) Luan and Qiwi Lisolet.
(d) Trenchet and Alendon Suabism.
9. Victory Junior and what other child of Sherkaner's participates in the debate against allowing the Spider program to continue in Chapter Twenty-Four?
10. In Chapter Thirty-Eight, Pham recalls a meeting where he found himself involved in a plot to do what?
(a) Blow up a planet.
(b) Kill billions of people.
(c) Mislead the public.
(d) Steal money.
11. What woman is missing, and the explanation is that she died during cold sleep when her container failed in Chapter Twenty-One?
12. What refers to a stratagem employed to conceal something or evade an argument?
(d) Faux Pas.
13. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
(a) Public outrage.
(b) Government oversight.
(c) Issuing fines.
(d) A church-oriented boycott.
14. In Chapter Forty, the Spiders have the first official day of what?
(a) The Dark.
(b) The Quiet.
(c) The Loud.
(d) The Light.
15. Pham Trilini sees that having focused people in the Qeng Ho could increase the power of what in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) The Emergents.
(b) The Spiders.
(d) The traders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Five, Gokna finds her parents together and who is angry, telling Sherkaner that he's revealed a great deal of information too quickly?
2. In Chapter Twenty, who reveals that there are problems stabilizing the rock piles they are trying to mine?
3. In Chapter Forty-Two, there's a gathering of those aboard the ships and Thomas proposes a toast, pointing out that some how many years prior the two sides had almost killed each other off?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Six, Ritsel's headquarters are located on the ship named what?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, four children of Serkaner's arrive at what location?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)