|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Three, the radio station is legal and privately-owned, meaning the only effective method of shutting it down lies in what?
(a) Government oversight.
(b) Issuing fines.
(c) Public outrage.
(d) A church-oriented boycott.
2. In Chapter Twenty-Three, Ezr wakes during what year after the Relight?
(a) The eighth.
(b) The fourteenth.
(c) The tenth.
(d) The twenty-first.
3. In Chapter Twenty-Three, there is extensive discussion about the idea of the "perversion" of having children how amongst the Spiders?
(a) As twins.
(b) Out of cycle.
(c) In public.
(d) Before marriage.
4. Who climbs a shelf and swings forward, "splatting" herself against the glass separating the control room with the area set up for the debate in Chapter Twenty-Four?
5. In Chapter Twenty-One, Thomas Nau has to hollow out a cave in one of the orbiting what?
6. In Chapter Forty, the Spiders have the first official day of what?
(a) The Light.
(b) The Quiet.
(c) The Loud.
(d) The Dark.
7. Whose two bodyguards are out-of-phase twenty-year-olds in Chapter Forty?
8. Sherkaner's wife reveals that Pedure is actually from what faction in Chapter Twenty-Five?
(a) The Emergents.
(b) The Crown.
(d) The Qeng Ho.
9. How many children are taken away by Spiders who are dressed as guards in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
10. Who notes that he's probably the only person who knows what happened to Jimmy Diem's crew, other than the murderers, and pledges to avenge that group in Chapter Twenty-Five?
(a) Ezr Vinh.
(b) Jimmy Diem.
(c) Thomas Nau.
(d) Pham Trilini.
11. In Chapter Thirty-Six, Ezr predicts the Spiders will detect the presence of the humans in less than how long?
(a) A year.
(b) A decade.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
12. In Chapter Twenty-One, Qiwi reveals that she doesn't love who, but does respect him for having helped her through the difficult time after the explosion of the Far Treasure?
(a) Jimmy Diem.
(b) Captain Park.
(c) Ezr Vinh.
(d) Thomas Nau.
13. Who feels ashamed of his attack on Qiwi in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Ezr Vinh.
(b) Thomas Nau.
(c) Jimmy Diem.
(d) Benny Wen.
14. In Chapter Twenty-Nine, who breaks military rules by broadcasting the news of the kidnappings through an unsecure channel?
15. In Chapter Twenty-Five, Ezr watches as Ann Reynolt and others treat who and others who suddenly seem out of control?
(a) Captain Park.
(b) Pham Trilini.
(c) Trixia Bronsol.
(d) Thomas Nau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pham Trilini sees that having focused people in the Qeng Ho could increase the power of what in Chapter Twenty-Two?
2. What woman is missing, and the explanation is that she died during cold sleep when her container failed in Chapter Twenty-One?
3. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, four children of Serkaner's arrive at what location?
4. Which of the children who was kidnapped is dead in Chapter Thirty-Two?
5. On the main ship, Ezr encounters who and is angry because she is behind the broadcast translations that led to the fight in Chapter Twenty-Five?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)