|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ezr Vinh refer to Qiwi Lin Lisolet as in the novel?
(a) The Brat.
(d) The joker.
2. In Chapter Fifteen, there's a meeting in which who learns that one of the men focused on a particular project has become so caught up in the technicalities that he is no longer making progress?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Thomas Nau.
(c) Ezr Vinh.
(d) Trixia Bronsol.
3. Lands Command is where the Spiders conduct their most serious what?
(a) Research projects.
(c) Business meetings.
4. Who is the head of the Emergents' expedition and is a man whose greed makes him oblivious to everything else?
(a) Hrunkner Unnerby.
(b) Victory Smith.
(c) Thomas Nau.
(d) Ann Reynolt.
5. How old was Pham Nuwen when a group of traders arrived on his home planet?
6. Ezr learns in Chapter Ten that the pain he'd felt was a virus given to many of the Qeng Ho, designed to do what?
(a) Make them insane.
(b) Keep them incapacitated.
(c) Blind them.
(d) Destroy bones and joints.
7. What vice-podmaster arrives in the garden angry because the park is closed and Qiwi is there, in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Victory Smith.
(b) Ritsel Brughel.
(c) Benny Wen.
(d) Pham Trilini.
8. The inhabitants of Arachna are referred to as what?
9. What group in the novel is domineering and can't imagine establishing relationships based on anything other than enforced slavery?
(a) The Liberators.
(b) The Qeng Ho.
(c) The Jong Da.
(d) The Emergents.
10. What member of the Qeng Ho is a linguistics expert, and her task as one of the focused is to learn all she can about the Spiders?
(a) Trixia Bronsol.
(b) Victory Smith.
(c) Captain Park.
(d) Qiwi Linsolet.
11. In Chapter Nine, Thomas Nau points out the progress being made on an operation to mine what?
12. On the surface in Chapter Eleven, Jimmy and several members of his crew work while planning an attack on what?
(a) The Spider Nations.
(b) The Mine.
(c) The On/Off Star.
(d) The Far Treasure.
13. How many years have lapsed since Sherkaner's arrival at Lands Command in Chapter Six?
14. In Chapter Three, Ezr's group finds what appears to be the remains of what structure in Arachna?
(a) A library.
(b) A computer factory.
(c) A prison.
(d) A bank.
15. Ezr learns that the majority of senior crew members who were not killed in the attack are being held in what, in Chapter Nine?
(a) Jail cells.
(d) Contempt of court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pham Nuwen has the idea to create a race of what in Chapter Seventeen?
2. Who does not allow himself into deep sleep and will therefore age more than any other crew members, as described in Chapter Fifteen?
3. What is the name of the section of the ship where the waste is handled?
4. Why are the Qeng Ho operating with less technology than usual in Chapter Ten?
5. Who is the Qeng Ho leader in Chapter One?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)