|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Fifteen, there's a meeting in which who learns that one of the men focused on a particular project has become so caught up in the technicalities that he is no longer making progress?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Thomas Nau.
(c) Ezr Vinh.
(d) Trixia Bronsol.
2. Ezr learns that the majority of senior crew members who were not killed in the attack are being held in what, in Chapter Nine?
(b) Jail cells.
(c) Contempt of court.
3. Lands Command is where the Spiders conduct their most serious what?
(a) Business meetings.
(d) Research projects.
4. Some of the Qeng Ho people are reportedly being held hostage above a ship called what in Chapter Ten?
(a) Ticket to Adventure.
(b) The Star Gazer.
(c) Loula May III.
(d) The Far Treasure.
5. The inhabitants of Arachna are referred to as what?
6. What faction of the Spiders is Sherkaner working for in Chapter Six?
(a) The Royals.
(b) The Tiefstadt.
(c) The Crown.
(d) The Frenzole.
7. In Chapter Ten, Ezr makes a show of demanding obedience to the Emergents' demands for Qeng Ho crewmembers to work doing what in preparation of the mining effort?
(a) Digging a tunnel.
(b) Crushing ore.
(c) Building machinery.
(d) Stabilizing a rock pile.
8. Why are the conditions on Arachna difficult for Ezr and his team in Chapter Three?
(a) The star is off.
(b) The star is on.
(c) The air tanks are low.
(d) The planet is radioactive.
9. The region of the planet Arachna is provided light and warmth only about how many years out of every cycle of 250 years?
10. Why are the Qeng Ho operating with less technology than usual in Chapter Ten?
(a) They can't get replacement parts.
(b) A computer virus corrupted most of it.
(c) There is no power to run it.
(d) The Emergents took it.
11. Who is the head of the Emergents' expedition and is a man whose greed makes him oblivious to everything else?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Ann Reynolt.
(c) Victory Smith.
(d) Hrunkner Unnerby.
12. What is the name of Qiwi Lisolet's father?
(a) Jimmy Diem.
(b) Ali Lin.
(c) Gonle Fong.
(d) Thomas Nau.
13. Who tells Ezr that he's to become the new fleet manager for the Qeng Ho in Chapter Nine?
(a) Director Ann Reynolt.
(b) Trixia Bronsol.
(c) Jimmy Diem.
(d) Thomas Nau.
14. What does Jimmy's team find on board the Far Treasure in Chapter Twelve?
(d) Dead bodies.
15. How many years have lapsed since Sherkaner's arrival at Lands Command in Chapter Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Qiwi Lin Lisolet when her family and the Qeng Ho arrive at the On/Off Star?
2. In Chapter Thirteen, who points out that the two factions now have no choice but to concentrate on joint survival?
3. In Chapter Eighteen, how many years pass though most of the crew members spend a great deal of time in cold sleep?
4. What refers to the use of sustained nuclear fission to generate heat and do useful work?
5. Who has medical casts on all his left legs when he and Sherkaner meet for the first time?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)