|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head of the Emergents' expedition and is a man whose greed makes him oblivious to everything else?
(a) Ann Reynolt.
(b) Victory Smith.
(c) Hrunkner Unnerby.
(d) Thomas Nau.
2. The time in Chapter Four is shortly before the beginning of the what?
(a) Great Dark.
(b) Chill Time.
(c) Light Absence.
(d) Absolute Zero.
3. What is Qiwi Lisolet's mother's name?
4. Pham Nuwen has the idea to create a race of what in Chapter Seventeen?
5. What redheaded female is a member of the Emergents and is among those who have been focused?
(a) Director Ann Reynolt.
(b) Pham Trilini.
(c) Sura Vinh.
(d) Victory Smith.
6. What population in the book are traders and tend to search for ways of establishing trading agreements wherever they are?
(a) The Jong Da.
(b) The Qeng Ho.
(c) The Emergents.
(d) The Liberators.
7. Who tells Ezr that he's to become the new fleet manager for the Qeng Ho in Chapter Nine?
(a) Thomas Nau.
(b) Trixia Bronsol.
(c) Director Ann Reynolt.
(d) Jimmy Diem.
8. What is Sherkaner's last name?
9. During the relighting of the On/Off Star in Chapter Eleven, who has ideas for the job but is forced to remain on board while Jimmy handles the project?
10. What does Sherkaner tell the person he rents a room from he is considering doing in Chapter Four?
(a) Commiting suicide.
(b) Leaving town.
(c) Enlisting in the military.
(d) Finding a job.
11. The inhabitants of Arachna are referred to as what?
12. Emergent managers induce obsession with a single idea or specialty, which they call what in the novel?
13. In Chapter Three, Ezr's group finds what appears to be the remains of what structure in Arachna?
(a) A bank.
(b) A library.
(c) A prison.
(d) A computer factory.
14. What member of one of the families that owns interest in the Qeng Ho expedition is working as an apprentice Trader when the ships reach Arachna?
(a) Gonle Fong.
(b) Thomas Nau.
(c) Jimmy Diem.
(d) Ezr Vinh.
15. Why are the conditions on Arachna difficult for Ezr and his team in Chapter Three?
(a) The planet is radioactive.
(b) The star is off.
(c) The air tanks are low.
(d) The star is on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Ezr's loyalty to the Qeng Ho in Chapter Ten?
2. In Chapter Twelve, the Relight is causing all sorts of problems, and what are floating near several of the ships?
3. On the surface in Chapter Eleven, Jimmy and several members of his crew work while planning an attack on what?
4. In Chapter Nine, Thomas Nau points out the progress being made on an operation to mine what?
5. Ezr learns that the majority of senior crew members who were not killed in the attack are being held in what, in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)