Chapters 1 through 8
1. The inhabitants of Arachna are referred to as what?
2. What population in the book are traders and tend to search for ways of establishing trading agreements wherever they are?
(a) The Jong Da.
(b) The Qeng Ho.
(c) The Emergents.
(d) The Liberators.
3. What group in the novel is domineering and can't imagine establishing relationships based on anything other than enforced slavery?
(a) The Qeng Ho.
(b) The Jong Da.
(c) The Liberators.
(d) The Emergents.
4. What is the name of the sun that turns itself off periodically and produces extreme temperatures on the planet Arachna?
(a) The On/Off Star.
5. The region of the planet Arachna is provided light and warmth only about how many years out of every cycle of 250 years?
6. How long is Arachna's sun off during every 250-year cycle?
(a) 190 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 155 years.
(d) 215 years.
7. Where do the inhabitants of Arachna live while the sun is turned off?
(a) On webs they wove among the surface.
(c) In trees.
(d) Inside ice caves.
This section contains 4,662 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)