|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills one of the hens during the night?
(a) A weasel
(b) A hawk
(c) A fox
(d) A dog
2. What does Pinky do that embarrasses Robert?
(a) Soils Mrs. Tanner's dress
(b) Knocks over a lemonade stand
(c) Runs into the show ring
(d) Eats Mrs. Tanner's lunch
3. What does Mr. Tanner warn Robert about when they reach the fairgrounds?
(a) Eating too much candy
(b) Sour apples
(c) Perverts in the restrooms
4. What is Mr. Hillman doing when Papa and Robert arrive at the cemetery?
(a) Sitting on the ground sobbing
(b) Digging a deep hole
(c) Lying motionless
(d) Pacing in circles
5. What crop will be diminished due to Robert's actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa help Mr. Hillman to do?
2. What does Papa ask Robert to do?
3. What new article of clothing does Robert need?
4. What award does Pinky win at the fair?
5. What does Papa tell Robert before he leaves to go to the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert show his forgiveness toward his father for slaughtering Pinky?
2. How does Robert show that he is growing up in Chapter 13?
3. What happens when Papa, Robert and Mr. Hillman leave the cemetery?
4. What does it mean to "weasel" a dog?
5. What is the weaseling procedure in which Robert participates/
6. What is the unspoken understanding regarding Pinky in the Peck household?
7. How does Chapter 8 demonstrate the tolerance of the people in the Shaker religion?
8. What is the impact of Robert's incorrect smoking of the apple orchard?
9. How does Papa react to Robert's maturity over giving up Pinky for the welfare of the family?
10. What is Robert's reaction to the weaseling?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)