|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tanner say about Pinky's offspring?
(a) They will be larger than average
(b) They will be grey, not pink
(c) They will be adorable
(d) They will produce enough income to pay off the farm
2. What does Robert notice when he looks outside?
(a) A blizzard
(b) Yellow light in the shed
(c) A full moon
(d) The sheriff
3. What does Mrs. Hillman say her husband has gone out to do?
(a) See his mistress
(b) Desecrate a grave
(c) Rob a store
(d) Buy a new plow
4. What does Papa mean when he tells Robert they should go "get it done."
(a) Breed Pinky
(b) Let Pinky run free
(c) Sell Pinky
(d) Slaughter Pinky
5. What does Robert leave out of his story about going to the fair?
(a) His vomiting spell
(b) Eating 5 candy apples
(c) Playing games of chance
(d) Losing his money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert have to do before he can go to the fair?
2. What does Papa help Mr. Hillman to do?
3. What is the purpose of what father wants to do to the neighbor's dog?
4. What does Mama want from the animal Robert hunts?
5. What does the Widow Bascom give Robert in exchange for his help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Robert's farm boy innocence exhibits at the fair.
2. What is the weaseling procedure in which Robert participates/
3. On what topic must Robert remind himself not to be too greedy?
4. What happens when Papa, Robert and Mr. Hillman leave the cemetery?
5. What does Robert hear his mother and aunt discussing in Chapter 9?
6. What is the unspoken understanding regarding Pinky in the Peck household?
7. What is the scenario of Robert's return from the fair?
8. Why is Robert so alarmed at Pinky's breeding/
9. What is the significance of Pinky's being barren?
10. How does Chapter 8 demonstrate the tolerance of the people in the Shaker religion?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)