|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award does Pinky win at the fair?
(a) Second Prize for Best Behaved Pig
(b) First Prize for Best Behaved Pig
(c) Best of Show in the Swine category
(d) First Prize in Swine Showmanship
2. What does Mama want from the animal Robert hunts?
(a) Ground up nuts
3. What does Mr. Tanner say about the boar's dominance over Pinky?
(a) The boar will be shot
(b) It will be over soon
(c) Something has made the boar crazy
(d) It is the natural order of things
4. What are Papa and Robert unable to do on this morning?
(a) Say prayers
(b) Finish breakfast
(c) Milk the cows
(d) Go to town
5. Why is Papa unable to hunt properly?
(a) The rain will not let up
(b) He doesn't own a proper deer rifle
(c) He broke his leg
(d) The snow is too deep
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa put into a sack before going to bed?
2. What new article of clothing does Robert need?
3. What does Papa tell Robert that desecrate a grave means?
4. What does Mama ask Robert to hunt for her?
5. What does Robert tell Mr. Tanner about Papa's health?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 8 demonstrate the tolerance of the people in the Shaker religion?
2. What is the scenario of Robert's return from the fair?
3. What is the unspoken understanding regarding Pinky in the Peck household?
4. What do Papa and Robert find in the cemetery?
5. Explain Mama's position on Widow Bascom's situation.
6. What is the significance of Pinky's being barren?
7. Why is Robert so alarmed at Pinky's breeding/
8. What does Mama send with Robert to the fair?
9. What awakens Robert at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. How does Papa react to Robert's maturity over giving up Pinky for the welfare of the family?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)