|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert is washed with water that smells like ____________.
2. What wild plant does Robert eat outside?
(a) Sunflower seeds
(b) Queen Anne's Lace
(c) Purple clover
(d) Sweet potato blossoms
3. How does Robert relax with Pinky?
(a) Chasing lightning bugs
(b) Playing in the stream
(c) Lying in the soft grass
(d) Running to town
4. How does Robert describe his vision?
(a) As if he were in a fog
(b) All black and white
(c) Completely gone
(d) Technicolor vision
5. What does the answer to #31 show to Robert and his father?
(a) A black goat
(b) His new tractor
(c) A blue ribbon
(d) The twin calves
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Papa, what do fences do?
2. What does Robert build to play with in the water of a stream?
3. In what month does Chapter 5 take place?
4. What are Mr. Tanner's twin calves named?
5. What day is it when Chapter 6 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robert not offended by the stench of animal slaughtering on his father?
2. What does Robert encounter when he wanders after leaving school?
3. What event in town is Robert prohibited from attending due to Shaker law?
4. Describe how Robert appreciates the beauty of nature in Chapter 7.
5. What is the metaphor Robert sees in the dust trail left by a wagon?
6. How does everyone at the farm view the birth of the new kittens?
7. Why is Robert not in school on the day of his adventure with the cow?
8. What is the irony of the rough blanket for Robert?
9. How is Robert injured in his encounter with the cow?
10. Explain why even though Papa has no formal education, he is still well aware of his worth.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)