|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert feel as he spends the night with Pinky in her new home?
2. What is Robert's father pleased about?
(a) The promise of rain
(b) A new tractor
(c) Robert's saving the cow and her calf
(d) A new variety of seed corn
3. Whose property lies next to Robert's family's farm?
(a) Mr. Turner
(b) Mr. Miller
(c) Mr. Towson
(d) Mr. Tanner
4. What is the name of the family's cat?
(a) Miss Fortune
(b) Susie Q
(c) Miss Susie
(d) Miss Sarah
5. How does Robert relax with Pinky?
(a) Playing in the stream
(b) Running to town
(c) Lying in the soft grass
(d) Chasing lightning bugs
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Papa's plans for Robert on this day?
2. What is Robert's mother's name?
3. What Revolutionary War figure was a resident of Robert's town?
4. What meal does Robert's mother bring to him?
5. In what month does Chapter 5 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Robert's observations about a hawk flying overhead.
2. What delight does Robert find waiting for him when he arrives home?
3. What does Robert encounter when he wanders after leaving school?
4. According to Robert's father, what role do fences play in life for both humans and animals?
5. How is Aunt Mattie's exasperation also a source of humor?
6. What event in town is Robert prohibited from attending due to Shaker law?
7. What is the metaphor Robert sees in the dust trail left by a wagon?
8. What is humorous about Robert's interpretation of his aunt's proposal of tutoring?
9. What is the literary technique used when Robert watches a crow kill a frog in a pond?
10. What is different about Robert's clothes?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)