|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a person who does not necessarily love Robert more than anyone in the world?
(a) Aunt Mattie
(b) Mrs. Tanner
(c) Mr. Tanner
(d) The minister
2. What time of day is it when Robert returns from the fair?
(c) Mid afternoon
3. Whose voice does Robert not hear coming from downstairs?
(c) Mrs. Hillman's
(d) Aunt Carrie's
4. What does Papa say Pinky should have done by now?
(b) Been slaughtered
(c) Come into heat
(d) Run away
5. What challenge faces the Peck family as Chapter 14 begins?
(a) Snowed in by a blizzard
(b) Mama has died
(c) Not enough food for the winter
(d) Robert has mono
6. What has Mama never complained about according to Papa?
(a) Having too much work
(b) Not having enough money
(c) The bad smell of butchering
(d) Never getting store-bought dresses
7. What does the Widow Bascom ask Robert to help her with?
(a) Paint her fence
(b) Run some errands
(c) Carry heavy flowerpots
(d) Dig a garden
8. What does the Widow Bascom give Robert in exchange for his help?
(a) Some marbles
(b) A dime
(c) A new Bible
(d) Gingersnaps and buttermilk
9. What is the name of Mr. Tanner's boar?
10. What does Robert tell Mr. Tanner about Papa's health?
(a) He has a bad cold
(b) He is terminally ill
(c) He is in remission
(d) He is fine
11. What is Robert doing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Bathing Pinky
(b) Doing homework
(c) Eating supper
(d) Taking a nap
12. Who had been the child's mother?
(a) Aunt Carrie
(b) A hired woman in the Hillman home
(c) Robert's teacher
(d) Mrs. Hillman
13. What is in the grave with a small coffin?
(a) A large coffin
(b) Two other small coffins
(c) A treasure chest
(d) A toy
14. What Shaker belief overshadows Robert's happiness at the prospect of paying off the farm?
(a) The sin of pride
(b) The sin of ambition
(c) The sin of jealousy
(d) The sin of greed
15. Who encouraged Mr. Tanner to take Robert to the fair?
(b) Widow Bascom
(c) Aunt Carrie
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if Pinky is found to be barren?
2. What does Papa help Mr. Hillman to do?
3. What day does Papa decide to kill Pinky?
4. What does Papa tell Robert that he wants to do to a neighbor's dog?
5. What does Robert do with the oxen at the fair?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)