|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lao feel about scolding?
2. During the New Year's holiday of 1895, where did Lao get temporary work?
3. What did Lao's mistress at Ch'ien Lao-yeh's tell her?
4. After Lao delivered a son, what happened to her husband?
5. Where could Mantze not learn to be a good servant for her future mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lao realize while she was at Ch'ien Lao-yeh's house?
2. What does Lao recount about the three times that she "died"?
3. How was Lao's life with Chang the Chen T'ai?
4. How did Mantze's second daughter and Lao's son grow up together?
5. How did Li Yuntz and his family handle Mantze's pregnancies?
6. What was Lao's life like while she lived with the civil officials?
7. How does Lao explain why she likes working for foreign missionaries more than working for Chinese families?
8. How did Liu Ma help Lao?
9. How did Lao feel when her husband died? Why?
10. How did Lao arrange Mantze's future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
Essay Topic 2
Who struggled the most with her husband, Lao or Mantze?
Essay Topic 3
What is the most pivotal moment in Lao's life? Examine how this moment changes her next actions.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)