|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the New Year's holiday of 1895, what did the Japanese do?
2. In 1901, what happened to Lao?
3. What did Lao take to the home of Liu Ma?
4. After employment with Change the Chen, where did Lao work?
5. What did Lao believe is the only thing a woman has?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Li Yuntz and his family handle Mantze's pregnancies?
2. How did Mantze's second daughter and Lao's son grow up together?
3. How did Lao and her husband's relationship change in 1899?
4. What happened to Mantze and her marriage?
5. How did Lao feel about her overall life with Major Liu?
6. How did Lao arrange Mantze's future?
7. How did Liu Ma help Lao?
8. Why did Lao leave Major Liu's house a second time?
9. What does Lao recount about the three times that she "died"?
10. How did Lao's life with the military officials begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Lao follow customs, traditions and expectations society has for her?
Essay Topic 2
Does Lao judge Mantze fairly? How?
Essay Topic 3
Does Lao fairly describe male figures in her life story? Why?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)