|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
2. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
3. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
4. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
5. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
2. What happened to Chinya?
3. How were Lao's parents similar?
4. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
5. How did Lao's brother treat her?
6. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
7. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
8. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
9. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
10. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Lao's father struggle with employment throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lao's relationship with Mantze and then later with Sue Teh demonstrate the change in women over generations?
Essay Topic 3
What was Lao's specific message in writing her story?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)