|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
2. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
3. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
4. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
5. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
2. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
3. What happened to Chinya?
4. How were Lao's parents similar?
5. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
6. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
7. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
8. When did Chinese ladies get married?
9. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
10. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of Lao's children helped her the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Lao's writing style. Does she tell the story well, in a clear and understandable manner? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is typical about Lao and Mantze's relationship?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)