|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
2. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
3. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
4. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
5. Who raised Lao's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
2. What happened to Chinya?
3. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
4. Why did Lao leave Major Liu's house a second time?
5. How did Lao's brother treat her?
6. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
7. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
8. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
9. What did Mantze do that upsets Lao concerning family pride?
10. What happened to Fats'ai?
Essay Topic 1
How does the female perspective of this story shape its message?
Essay Topic 2
What is typical about Lao and Mantze's relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Find a symbol from Lao's story. Explain what it means.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)