|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
2. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
3. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
4. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
5. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
2. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
3. How were Lao's parents similar?
4. When did Chinese ladies get married?
5. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
6. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
7. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
8. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
9. What happened to Chinya?
10. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Lao's specific message in writing her story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lao's relationship with Mantze and then later with Sue Teh demonstrate the change in women over generations?
Essay Topic 3
How did Lao's father struggle with employment throughout his life?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)