|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
2. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
3. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
4. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
5. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Li Yuntz and his family handle Mantze's pregnancies?
2. How did Lao's life seem at the end?
3. What happened to Chinya?
4. Why could Mantze's relationship with Lao be stressed?
5. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
6. How had Mantze's husband changed when he returned after the birth of Mantze's second daughter?
7. When did Chinese ladies get married?
8. Why did Lao invite her husband back into her life?
9. What does Lao's final thoughts say about her?
10. What happened to Lao's daughter after her father's death?
Essay Topic 1
How did Lao's father struggle with employment throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Who struggled the most with her husband, Lao or Mantze?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)