|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
2. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
3. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
4. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
5. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
2. What happened to Chinya?
3. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
4. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
5. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
6. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
7. How did Lao's brother treat her?
8. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
9. When did Chinese ladies get married?
10. What was Lao's husband like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the value of Lao and Mantze's arranged marriages. Explain the benefits and flaws they faced.
Essay Topic 2
Find a symbol from Lao's story. Explain what it means.
Essay Topic 3
How did the fortune teller influence Lao's life?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)