|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chu family own?
2. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
3. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
4. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
5. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lao leave Major Liu's house a second time?
2. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
3. How did Lao's brother treat her?
4. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
5. As Lao ages, what was her and Mantze's relationship like?
6. What kind of life did Mei Yun lead?
7. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
8. How did Lao help the master with the mistresses during a fight?
9. Why was Lao happy living with her son?
10. How had Mantze's husband changed when he returned after the birth of Mantze's second daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lao's relationship with Mantze and then later with Sue Teh demonstrate the change in women over generations?
Essay Topic 3
What was Lao's specific message in writing her story?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)