|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
2. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
3. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
4. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
5. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
2. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
3. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
4. What was Lao's husband like?
5. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
6. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
7. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
8. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
9. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
10. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Lao's specific message in writing her story?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Lao's writing style. Does she tell the story well, in a clear and understandable manner? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is the most pivotal moment in Lao's life? Examine how this moment changes her next actions.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)