Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
2. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
3. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
4. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
5. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the day a shaman arrived at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
2. How were Lao's parents similar?
3. How did Lao's life seem at the end?
4. As Lao ages, what was her and Mantze's relationship like?
5. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
6. Why could Mantze's relationship with Lao be stressed?
7. What does Lao's final thoughts say about her?
8. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
9. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
10. How did Lao's brother treat her?
Essay Topic 1
Who struggled the most with her husband, Lao or Mantze?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lao's relationship with Mantze and then later with Sue Teh demonstrate the change in women over generations?
Essay Topic 3
What forms of irony exist in the story? Examine the effect of the ironic events.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)