|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
2. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
3. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
4. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
5. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
2. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
3. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
4. How were Lao's parents similar?
5. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
6. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
7. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
8. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
9. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
10. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who struggled the most with her husband, Lao or Mantze?
Essay Topic 2
Does Lao fairly describe male figures in her life story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Find a symbol from Lao's story. Explain what it means.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)