|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
2. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
3. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
4. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
5. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Chinese ladies get married?
2. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
3. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
4. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
5. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
6. What happened to Fats'ai?
7. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
8. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
9. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
10. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the value of Lao and Mantze's arranged marriages. Explain the benefits and flaws they faced.
Essay Topic 2
How did Lao's father struggle with employment throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)