|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
2. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
3. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
4. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
5. What did the Chu family own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lao realize while she was at Ch'ien Lao-yeh's house?
2. How was Lao's life with Chang the Chen T'ai?
3. As Lao ages, what was her and Mantze's relationship like?
4. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
5. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
6. How did Lao's life with the military officials begin?
7. How did Lao's brother treat her?
8. How does Lao explain why she likes working for foreign missionaries more than working for Chinese families?
9. What does Lao's final thoughts say about her?
10. How did Lao arrange Mantze's future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the value of Lao and Mantze's arranged marriages. Explain the benefits and flaws they faced.
Essay Topic 2
Who struggled the most with her husband, Lao or Mantze?
Essay Topic 3
How did the fortune teller influence Lao's life?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)