|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
2. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
3. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
4. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
5. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
2. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
3. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
4. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
5. What happened to Fats'ai?
6. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
7. What happened to Chinya?
8. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
9. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
10. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
Essay Topic 2
What was Lao's specific message in writing her story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the female perspective of this story shape its message?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)