|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
2. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
3. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
4. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
5. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
2. What was Lao's husband like?
3. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
4. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
5. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
6. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
7. What happened to Fats'ai?
8. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
9. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
10. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who struggled the most with her husband, Lao or Mantze?
Essay Topic 2
What forms of irony exist in the story? Examine the effect of the ironic events.
Essay Topic 3
Which of Lao's children helped her the most? Why?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)