|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
2. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
3. What was Lao's husband by trade?
4. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
5. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
2. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
3. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
4. What happened to Chinya?
5. What happened to Fats'ai?
6. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
7. How did Lao's brother treat her?
8. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
9. What was Lao's husband like?
10. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most pivotal moment in Lao's life? Examine how this moment changes her next actions.
Essay Topic 2
How did the fortune teller influence Lao's life?
Essay Topic 3
Does Lao judge Mantze fairly? How?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)