|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
2. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
3. What is the title of the prologue?
4. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
5. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
2. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
3. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
4. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
5. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
6. How did Lao's brother treat her?
7. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
8. When did Chinese ladies get married?
9. What happened to Fats'ai?
10. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of Lao's children helped her the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Does Lao judge Mantze fairly? How?
Essay Topic 3
How did Lao break expectations society has for her?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)