|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
2. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
3. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
4. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
5. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
2. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
3. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
4. What happened to Fats'ai?
5. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
6. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
7. How were Lao's parents similar?
8. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
9. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
10. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Lao follow customs, traditions and expectations society has for her?
Essay Topic 2
Does Lao fairly describe male figures in her life story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does the female perspective of this story shape its message?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)