|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
2. Where was Lao born?
3. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
4. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
5. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Chinese ladies get married?
2. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
3. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
4. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
5. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
6. How were Lao's parents similar?
7. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
8. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
9. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
10. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Lao's writing style. Does she tell the story well, in a clear and understandable manner? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How did Lao follow customs, traditions and expectations society has for her?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)