|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
2. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
3. Who raised Lao's father?
4. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
5. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
2. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
3. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
4. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
5. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
6. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
7. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
8. When did Chinese ladies get married?
9. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
10. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is typical about Lao and Mantze's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
How did superstitions and beliefs play a role in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did the fortune teller influence Lao's life?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)