|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
2. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
3. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
4. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
5. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
2. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
3. How were Lao's parents similar?
4. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
5. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
6. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
7. When did Chinese ladies get married?
8. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
9. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
10. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
Essay Topic 2
How did superstitions and beliefs play a role in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Lao's writing style. Does she tell the story well, in a clear and understandable manner? Explain.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)