|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lao's husband by trade?
2. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
3. Where did Lao and her family live by?
4. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
5. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
2. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
3. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
4. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
5. How did Lao's brother treat her?
6. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
7. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
8. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
9. When did Chinese ladies get married?
10. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Lao follow customs, traditions and expectations society has for her?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Lao continually stay with her husband, through his numerous problems?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Lao's writing style. Does she tell the story well, in a clear and understandable manner? Explain.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)