|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Lao's employers at Major Liu's house?
(a) Easy-going and kind.
(b) Indifferent and quiet.
(c) Selfish and hurtful.
(d) Cruel and mean.
2. What does Lao say about working for foreign missionaries?
(a) They do not pay decent wages.
(b) It is easier than working for Chinese families.
(c) They will not allow their maids to leave.
(d) It is harder to watch their children.
3. What did Lao believe is the only thing a woman has?
(a) Her own hands.
(b) Equal rights.
(c) A family of her own.
(d) A well-kept home.
4. In 1899, why did Lao share a pallet with her husband?
(a) To help him as his illness progresses.
(b) To have a son.
(c) To keep him drug free.
(d) To watch him.
5. In 1901, what happened to Lao?
(a) She got hurt at work.
(b) She gave birth to another daughter.
(c) She was evicted from her home.
(d) She lost her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a shaman come to Chang the Chen T'ai's house one day?
2. In 1899, where did Lao's husband live?
3. What happened when two wives quarrel over Chang the Chen T'ai's favor one day?
4. In 1899, who leased the house Lao lives in?
5. In 1901, what did Lao want for Mantze?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)