|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1901, what happened to Lao?
(a) She lost her job.
(b) She was evicted from her home.
(c) She got hurt at work.
(d) She gave birth to another daughter.
2. What did Mantze's mother-in-law send for Mantze's baby?
(b) Silver coins.
3. In 1899, who leased the house Lao lives in?
(a) Lao's husband.
(d) Mrs. Burns.
4. What kind of demands did Chinese families have for their maids?
(a) They have fewer demands of their maids than foreign missionaries.
(b) They have standard demands-the same everywhere.
(c) They are willing to pay more when they demand more.
(d) They demand more without paying more.
5. What did the bride of the oldest son of Major Liu's house do?
(a) Smoked lots of opium.
(b) Had affairs.
(c) Baked with the servants.
(d) Stole money for alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mantze learn at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
2. What did Lao share about Ch'ien Lao-yeh's family?
3. What does Lao say about working for foreign missionaries?
4. What happened when two wives quarrel over Chang the Chen T'ai's favor one day?
5. What did Lao do when Mantze is 15?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)