|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the New Year's holiday of 1895, where did Lao get temporary work?
(a) On the streets begging.
(b) With the Lius at a new business venture.
(c) At her old house cleaning floors.
(d) For the Yin family at the Shou Pei.
2. What relation was Ch'ien Lao-yeh to Lao?
(a) Her new master.
(b) Her guard.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) Her tax official.
3. In 1901, what happened with Mantze?
(a) She had a son.
(b) Her husband left her.
(c) She got married.
(d) Her mother abandoned her.
4. What kind of other servants lived with Lao at Major Liu's house?
(a) Unhelpful servants.
(b) Young servants.
(c) No other servants.
(d) Cruel servants.
5. Why did Mantze return home after her marriage?
(a) Mantze's husband died.
(b) Mantze neeed to help her mother.
(c) Lao could not afford to maintain two households.
(d) Her husband beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Li Yuntze do with a pair of shoes entrusted to him?
2. What kind of woman was Old Mistress Chang?
3. Why did Mantze not deliver her child at Lao's home?
4. In 1899, why did Lao share a pallet with her husband?
5. How were Lao's household duties at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)