|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Major Liu's house, who contracted smallpox?
(b) Major Liu.
(d) Major Liu's family.
2. How many wives did Chang the Chen T'ai have?
3. During the New Year's holiday of 1895, what did the Japanese do?
(a) Spread disease.
(b) Bomb the city.
(c) Visit the area.
(d) Warn the country.
4. In 1899, where did Lao's husband live?
(a) At his employer's house.
(b) With Lao.
(c) With Mantze's cousin.
(d) On the streets.
5. What relation was Ch'ien Lao-yeh to Lao?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Her new master.
(c) Her guard.
(d) Her tax official.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1901, what happened to Lao?
2. What did Lao believe is the only thing a woman has?
3. Why did Mantze not deliver her child at Lao's home?
4. How did Lao feel about scolding?
5. What happened when two wives quarrel over Chang the Chen T'ai's favor one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Li Yuntz and his family handle Mantze's pregnancies?
2. What did Lao realize while she was at Ch'ien Lao-yeh's house?
3. Why did Lao leave Major Liu's house a second time?
4. Why did Lao make life plans for Mantze?
5. Why did Lao invite her husband back into her life?
6. How did Lao feel when her husband died? Why?
7. How did Lao arrange Mantze's future?
8. How did Lao's life with the military officials begin?
9. What happened with Lao when she quarreled with her mistress at Major Liu's house?
10. What happened the day a shaman arrived at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)