|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Nursed her until her death.
(b) Paid her.
(c) Tended her garden.
(d) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
2. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
3. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Her brother and his wife.
(d) A cousin of her husband's father.
4. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A black cat walked in front of their house.
(b) A goose flew away.
(c) A duck lived with them.
(d) A dog was in the courtyard.
5. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Yintze's husband.
(b) Lao never tells the readers.
(c) Lao's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
2. What did the Chu family own?
3. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
4. How did Fats'ai die?
5. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Lao's parents similar?
2. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
3. What was Lao's husband like?
4. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
5. How did Lao's brother treat her?
6. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
7. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
8. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
9. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
10. When did Chinese ladies get married?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)