|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
(a) To run without bound feet.
(b) To ignore school.
(c) To eat a variety of food.
(d) To play with her sister outside.
2. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
(a) A goose walking through a house fortells a robbery.
(b) A goose landing in a courtyard means an increase in fortune.
(c) The goose drowned.
(d) The goose cannot be around a cat.
3. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
4. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents had no money.
(b) Lao's parents did not want her.
(c) Lao did not know how to beg.
(d) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
5. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
(b) Fats'ai and the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
2. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
3. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
4. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
5. Where did Lao and her family live by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
2. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
3. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
4. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
5. What happened to Fats'ai?
6. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
7. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
8. How were Lao's parents similar?
9. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
10. When did Chinese ladies get married?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)