|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
(a) The goose cannot be around a cat.
(b) A goose walking through a house fortells a robbery.
(c) A goose landing in a courtyard means an increase in fortune.
(d) The goose drowned.
2. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) A fire destroyed his building.
(b) Stolen recipes.
(c) A dishonest employee.
(d) An insect infestation.
3. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
4. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Fats'ai's mother refused to speak to Lao.
(b) Fats'ai's mother continually quarreled with Lao.
(c) Fats'ai's mother relied on Lao.
(d) Fats'ai's mother took care of Lao's children.
5. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Sold her.
(b) Put her up for adoption.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Sent her to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
2. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
3. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
4. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
5. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
2. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
3. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
4. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
5. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
6. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
7. When did Chinese ladies get married?
8. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
9. How did Lao's brother treat her?
10. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)