|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Another family.
(b) The wife of her husband's cousin.
(c) Only her husband.
(d) Lao's sister.
2. Who raised Lao's father?
(a) His sister.
(d) An uncle.
3. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Sharing Memories.
(b) Family and Heartache.
(c) Keeping Life.
(d) The City.
4. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(b) He belonged in jail.
(c) He hurt his wife.
(d) He owed people money.
5. How did Fats'ai die?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) From drowning.
(c) From a beating.
(d) From a broken neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
2. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
3. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
4. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
5. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
2. How did Lao's brother treat her?
3. What was Lao's husband like?
4. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
5. What happened to Chinya?
6. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
7. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
8. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
9. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
10. What happened to Fats'ai?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)