|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(b) Distributed drugs.
(c) Cleaned houses.
(d) Sold cakes.
2. Who raised Lao's father?
(a) His sister.
(d) An uncle.
3. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(c) Her employer.
4. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Family and Heartache.
(b) Keeping Life.
(c) Sharing Memories.
(d) The City.
5. How did Fats'ai die?
(a) From drowning.
(b) From a broken neck.
(c) From smallpox.
(d) From a beating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lao's husband by trade?
2. Who is Fats'ai's father?
3. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
4. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
5. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
2. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
3. What was Lao's husband like?
4. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
5. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
6. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
7. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
8. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
9. How did Lao's brother treat her?
10. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)