|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
(a) No one.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Neighborhood children.
(d) Chou Wang's children.
2. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
(a) It made him ill prepared for life.
(b) It gave him an inflated ego.
(c) It made him prepared for life.
(d) It provided an opportunity to do opium.
3. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) Away working.
(b) Working in a field.
(c) Next door.
(d) At a pub.
4. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) Someone stole him.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He fell down.
(d) He got scared.
5. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
2. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
3. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
4. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
5. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
2. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
3. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
4. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
5. How were Lao's parents similar?
6. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
7. How did Lao's brother treat her?
8. When did Chinese ladies get married?
9. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
10. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)