|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
2. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
3. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) The Northeast corner.
(b) The Chou Wang Temple area.
(d) A emporer's castle.
4. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
(a) Her brother was born.
(b) Her family bound her feet.
(c) Her father died.
(d) Her mother began working outside the home.
5. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
(a) A dog cannot be inside a house.
(b) A dog in a courtyard is bad luck.
(c) A dog in a courtyard is good luck.
(d) A dog kept her company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
2. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
3. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
4. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
5. Where was Lao born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
2. What was Lao's husband like?
3. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
4. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
5. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
6. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
7. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
8. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
9. What happened to Chinya?
10. How were Lao's parents similar?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)