|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When her father could afford it.
(b) When she was thirteen.
(c) When she was nine.
(d) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
2. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents had no money.
(b) Lao's parents did not want her.
(c) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
(d) Lao did not know how to beg.
3. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(a) Her brother and his wife.
(b) A cousin of her husband's father.
(c) Her parents.
4. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
(a) Changed the length of her dresses.
(b) Changed her bedroom.
(c) Changed her to smaller shoes.
(d) Changed her hairstyle.
5. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) At a pub.
(b) Away working.
(c) Next door.
(d) Working in a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
2. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
3. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
4. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
5. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao arrange Mantze's future?
2. What happened to Mantze and her marriage?
3. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
4. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
5. How did Lao feel when her husband died? Why?
6. How had Mantze's husband changed when he returned after the birth of Mantze's second daughter?
7. What does Lao recount about the three times that she "died"?
8. Why could Mantze's relationship with Lao be stressed?
9. What was Lao's husband like?
10. What happened the day a shaman arrived at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)