|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) Stolen recipes.
(b) A dishonest employee.
(c) A fire destroyed his building.
(d) An insect infestation.
2. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(a) Her employer.
3. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) The family was wealthy.
(b) They never had money.
(c) They earned honest wages.
(d) They always wasted money.
4. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
5. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(b) A cousin of her husband's father.
(c) Her brother and his wife.
(d) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
2. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
3. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
4. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
5. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
2. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
3. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
4. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
5. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
6. How did Lao's brother treat her?
7. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
8. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
9. How were Lao's parents similar?
10. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)