|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
(a) Household duties.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Science and astronomy.
2. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents had no money.
(b) Lao did not know how to beg.
(c) Lao's parents did not want her.
(d) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
3. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
4. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(b) The goose thought it was a dog.
(c) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(d) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
5. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
(a) That the doctor misdiagnosed him.
(b) That he ran into traffic.
(c) That Lao "frightened him to death."
(d) That he died of smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
2. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
3. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
4. What is the title of the prologue?
5. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
2. How were Lao's parents similar?
3. How did Lao's brother treat her?
4. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
5. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
6. What happened to Chinya?
7. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
8. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
9. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
10. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)