|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) They earned honest wages.
(b) They never had money.
(c) The family was wealthy.
(d) They always wasted money.
2. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
(b) Lao's feet broke free.
(c) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(d) Lao's sister became jealous.
3. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
(a) Changed the length of her dresses.
(b) Changed her hairstyle.
(c) Changed her to smaller shoes.
(d) Changed her bedroom.
4. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(b) Lao's father.
(c) Yintze's husband.
(d) Lao never tells the readers.
5. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To write advertisements.
(b) To lift heavy tools.
(c) To work in a garden.
(d) To use his math skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
2. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
3. How did Fats'ai die?
4. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
5. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao and her husband's relationship change in 1899?
2. How did Mantze's second daughter and Lao's son grow up together?
3. What kind of life did Mei Yun lead?
4. How were Lao's parents similar?
5. What kind of person was Sue Teh?
6. How did Lao feel about her overall life with Major Liu?
7. What was Lao's husband like?
8. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
9. Why did Lao make life plans for Mantze?
10. What did Lao realize while she was at Ch'ien Lao-yeh's house?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)