|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised Lao's father?
(a) An uncle.
(d) His sister.
2. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(b) Cooking skills.
3. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Yintze's husband.
(b) Lao never tells the readers.
(d) Lao's father.
4. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Steal their money.
(b) Learn to beg.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Clean for them.
5. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
(a) Household duties.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(d) Science and astronomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
2. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
3. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
4. Who is Fats'ai?
5. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Chinese ladies get married?
2. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
3. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
4. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
5. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
6. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
7. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
8. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
9. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
10. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)