|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
(b) Lao's parents had no money.
(c) Lao's parents did not want her.
(d) Lao did not know how to beg.
2. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Fats'ai's mother refused to speak to Lao.
(b) Fats'ai's mother relied on Lao.
(c) Fats'ai's mother continually quarreled with Lao.
(d) Fats'ai's mother took care of Lao's children.
3. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
(a) In an attic.
(b) At a stranger's house.
(c) In a water container.
(d) Behind a tree.
4. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Tended her garden.
(b) Nursed her until her death.
(c) Paid her.
(d) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
5. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
2. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
3. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
4. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
5. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao react to Sue Teh studying in America?
2. How did Lao's life with the military officials begin?
3. Why did Lao make life plans for Mantze?
4. What happened to Mantze and her marriage?
5. Why did Lao invite her husband back into her life?
6. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
7. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
8. What happened with Lao when she quarreled with her mistress at Major Liu's house?
9. How had Mantze's husband changed when he returned after the birth of Mantze's second daughter?
10. What happened the day a shaman arrived at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)