|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
(b) He showed superb academic skills early.
(c) The school taught solid trades.
(d) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
2. What happened to Lao in 1881?
(a) Lao's mother remarried.
(b) Lao's sister died.
(c) Lao got married.
(d) Lao's husband died.
3. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Keeping Life.
(b) The City.
(c) Sharing Memories.
(d) Family and Heartache.
4. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) South Entrance.
(b) A traveling group of singers.
(c) Erupting volcanoes.
(d) North Gate.
5. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
2. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
3. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
4. How did Fats'ai die?
5. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mantze's second daughter and Lao's son grow up together?
2. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
3. Why did Lao leave Major Liu's house a second time?
4. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
5. How dis Lao spend extra money on Mantze?
6. What happened to Fats'ai?
7. How did Lao feel when her husband died? Why?
8. How did Lao arrange Mantze's future?
9. How had Mantze's husband changed when he returned after the birth of Mantze's second daughter?
10. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)