|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(c) He rarely worked.
(d) He works nights.
2. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Another family.
(b) Lao's sister.
(c) Only her husband.
(d) The wife of her husband's cousin.
3. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
(a) A dog in a courtyard is bad luck.
(b) A dog kept her company.
(c) A dog cannot be inside a house.
(d) A dog in a courtyard is good luck.
4. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) An insect infestation.
(b) Stolen recipes.
(c) A fire destroyed his building.
(d) A dishonest employee.
5. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A duck lived with them.
(b) A black cat walked in front of their house.
(c) A dog was in the courtyard.
(d) A goose flew away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lao in 1881?
2. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
3. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
4. Who is Fats'ai's father?
5. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lao's husband like?
2. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
3. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
4. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
5. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
6. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
7. How were Lao's parents similar?
8. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
9. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
10. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)