|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
(a) It provided an opportunity to do opium.
(b) It made him ill prepared for life.
(c) It gave him an inflated ego.
(d) It made him prepared for life.
2. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
3. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) An insect infestation.
(b) Stolen recipes.
(c) A dishonest employee.
(d) A fire destroyed his building.
4. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
(a) Kept finding excuses to stay.
(b) Happily left.
(c) Stole from them.
5. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
(a) How to handle a household.
(b) How to cook well.
(c) How to buy food.
(d) How to organize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happened to Fats'ali's mother?
2. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
3. What was Lao's husband by trade?
4. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
5. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
2. How did Lao's brother treat her?
3. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
4. How were Lao's parents similar?
5. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
6. When did Chinese ladies get married?
7. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
8. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
9. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
10. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)