|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
(a) Neighborhood children.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Chou Wang's children.
(d) No one.
2. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Lao's brother.
(b) Yintze's son.
(c) Lao's first child.
(d) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
3. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Took Fats'ai's mother to a hospital.
(b) Made Lao watch Fats'ai's mother.
(c) Found Fats'ai's mother another child.
(d) Sent Fats'ai's mother away.
4. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
(a) The goose cannot be around a cat.
(b) A goose walking through a house fortells a robbery.
(c) A goose landing in a courtyard means an increase in fortune.
(d) The goose drowned.
5. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
(a) Fats'ai and the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
2. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
3. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
4. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
5. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
2. How did Lao's brother treat her?
3. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
4. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
5. When did Chinese ladies get married?
6. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
7. How did Lao's father's early life influence the rest of his life?
8. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
9. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
10. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)