|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Distributed drugs.
(b) Sold cakes.
(d) Cleaned houses.
2. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died when Lao's father was young.
(b) They died in the war.
(c) They sold Lao's father.
(d) They went to prison.
3. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
4. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Yintze's husband.
(b) Lao never tells the readers.
(c) Lao's father.
5. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(d) Cooking skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
2. What did the Chu family own?
3. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
4. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
5. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
2. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
3. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
4. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
5. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
6. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
7. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
8. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
9. What was Lao's husband like?
10. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)