Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died when Lao's father was young.
(b) They went to prison.
(c) They died in the war.
(d) They sold Lao's father.
2. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
3. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
(a) Lao to run away.
(b) Lao to get him food.
(c) Lao to find his mother.
(d) Lao to let him out.
4. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
(a) Happily left.
(b) Stole from them.
(d) Kept finding excuses to stay.
5. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
(b) Nursed her until her death.
(c) Tended her garden.
(d) Paid her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
2. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
3. What information concerning stories and legends did Lao state about a cat?
4. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
5. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the day a shaman arrived at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
2. How were Lao's parents similar?
3. How did Lao's life seem at the end?
4. As Lao ages, what was her and Mantze's relationship like?
5. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
6. Why could Mantze's relationship with Lao be stressed?
7. What does Lao's final thoughts say about her?
8. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
9. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
10. How did Lao's brother treat her?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)