|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(a) Late 1800s.
(c) Early 1900s.
2. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) The family hid it from the government.
(b) They gave money to religious organizations.
(c) The finances had grown.
(d) The family squandered the inheritance.
3. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao's feet broke free.
(b) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(c) Lao's sister became jealous.
(d) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
4. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
5. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
Short Answer Questions
1. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
2. How did Fats'ai die?
3. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
4. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
5. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
2. What happened to Fats'ai?
3. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
4. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
5. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
6. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
7. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
8. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
9. How were Lao's parents similar?
10. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)