|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) A dishonest employee.
(b) An insect infestation.
(c) Stolen recipes.
(d) A fire destroyed his building.
2. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(a) Her employer.
3. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Twice a year.
4. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three years.
5. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) She did not understand the need to save money.
(b) Her husband cooked better than she.
(c) She beat her children.
(d) Her kids ran wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
2. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
3. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
4. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
5. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
2. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
3. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
4. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
5. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
6. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
7. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
8. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
9. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
10. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)