|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A goose flew away.
(b) A duck lived with them.
(c) A dog was in the courtyard.
(d) A black cat walked in front of their house.
2. What eventually happened to Fats'ali's mother?
(a) She remarried.
(b) She had another boy.
(c) She died.
(d) She returned to Lao's home.
3. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Put her up for adoption.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Sent her to school.
(d) Sold her.
4. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Late 1800s.
5. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
2. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
3. What does the region of P'englai include?
4. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
5. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
2. When did Chinese ladies get married?
3. How were Lao's parents similar?
4. How did Lao's brother treat her?
5. How did Lao behave when she visited her parents?
6. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
7. What awful events did Lao endure during 1887-1888?
8. What happened to Chinya?
9. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
10. After Lao's two daughters were born, what life choice did she make?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)