|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died when Lao's father was young.
(b) They sold Lao's father.
(c) They died in the war.
(d) They went to prison.
2. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) They gave money to religious organizations.
(b) The finances had grown.
(c) The family squandered the inheritance.
(d) The family hid it from the government.
3. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(d) Her employer.
4. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
(b) The school taught solid trades.
(c) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
(d) He showed superb academic skills early.
5. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He owed people money.
(b) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(c) He belonged in jail.
(d) He hurt his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
2. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
3. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
4. Who is Fats'ai?
5. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Chinese ladies get married?
2. How did the awful events of 1887-1888 change Lao?
3. How were Lao's parents similar?
4. What effect did Lao's running wild have on her future?
5. What happened to Fats'ai?
6. What happened to Yintze's marriage?
7. Why did Lao tell several stories and legends?
8. What was Lao's husband like during the early part of their marriage?
9. Why would neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
10. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)