|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
(a) Selling feed.
(b) Working as a clerk.
(c) Keeping books.
(d) Cleaning the sidewalks.
2. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To write advertisements.
(b) To work in a garden.
(c) To lift heavy tools.
(d) To use his math skills.
3. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents did not want her.
(b) Lao's parents had no money.
(c) Lao did not know how to beg.
(d) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
4. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
5. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Clean for them.
(b) Learn to beg.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Steal their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
2. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
3. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
4. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
5. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lao detail her bound feet?
2. What was Lao's husband like?
3. What happened to Lao when she was thirteen?
4. How did Lao's brother treat her?
5. Why did neighbors believe Lao and other young women should not be outside their homes?
6. What sort of jobs did Lao's father keep during her youth?
7. What began to happen to Lao's household before Mantze was born?
8. Whom did Lao friend at her husband's home?
9. As Lao's parents neared death, how did she care for them?
10. What situation helped Lao as she moved to her husband's home?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)