Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Lao's employers at Major Liu's house?
(a) Easy-going and kind.
(b) Indifferent and quiet.
(c) Selfish and hurtful.
(d) Cruel and mean.
2. What does Lao say about working for foreign missionaries?
(a) They do not pay decent wages.
(b) It is easier than working for Chinese families.
(c) They will not allow their maids to leave.
(d) It is harder to watch their children.
3. What did Lao believe is the only thing a woman has?
(a) Her own hands.
(b) Equal rights.
(c) A family of her own.
(d) A well-kept home.
4. In 1899, why did Lao share a pallet with her husband?
(a) To help him as his illness progresses.
(b) To have a son.
(c) To keep him drug free.
(d) To watch him.
5. In 1901, what happened to Lao?
(a) She got hurt at work.
(b) She gave birth to another daughter.
(c) She was evicted from her home.
(d) She lost her job.
6. Why did a shaman come to Chang the Chen T'ai's house one day?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To toll a god out.
(c) To take money.
(d) To settle a dispute.
7. In 1899, where did Lao's husband live?
(a) With Mantze's cousin.
(b) At his employer's house.
(c) With Lao.
(d) On the streets.
8. What happened when two wives quarrel over Chang the Chen T'ai's favor one day?
(a) The master leaves.
(b) Another wife was called to help.
(c) The shaman was called.
(d) Lao was called to intervene.
9. In 1899, who leased the house Lao lives in?
(a) Lao's husband.
(c) Mrs. Burns.
10. In 1901, what did Lao want for Mantze?
(a) To begin college.
(b) To gain her freedom.
(c) To begin her own life with her own family.
(d) To move to America.
11. In 1901, what happened with Mantze?
(a) She got married.
(b) Her husband left her.
(c) She had a son.
(d) Her mother abandoned her.
12. What did Lao take to the home of Liu Ma?
(a) An infant.
(d) Family bibles.
13. What did Lao do when Mantze is 15?
(a) Left the home of her employer.
(b) Kept Mantze's new job.
(c) Moved Mantze out of her school.
(d) Divorced her husband.
14. How did Lao feel about scolding?
(a) She ignored the scolding so it would go away.
(b) She never understood her scoldings.
(c) She disliked constant and unforgiving scolding.
(d) She distrusted her mistress who scolded her.
15. After Lao delivered a son, what happened to her husband?
(a) He went to jail.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He found a job.
(d) He died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mantze's husband think about his wedding?
2. How doid Mantze charm the Third Mistress?
3. What did Lao and her husband do for Mantze's husband?
4. What happens to the bride of the oldest son of Major Liu's house?
5. What did Lao's mistress at Ch'ien Lao-yeh's tell her?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)