|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(b) Late 1800s.
(d) Early 1900s.
2. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(d) Her employer.
3. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
(b) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(c) Lao's feet broke free.
(d) Lao's sister became jealous.
4. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(a) He works nights.
(d) He rarely worked.
5. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He hurt his wife.
(b) He belonged in jail.
(c) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(d) He owed people money.
6. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
7. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) They gave money to religious organizations.
(b) The finances had grown.
(c) The family squandered the inheritance.
(d) The family hid it from the government.
8. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) A fire destroyed his building.
(b) A dishonest employee.
(c) An insect infestation.
(d) Stolen recipes.
9. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) The family was wealthy.
(b) They never had money.
(c) They always wasted money.
(d) They earned honest wages.
10. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
11. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Sent Fats'ai's mother away.
(b) Found Fats'ai's mother another child.
(c) Made Lao watch Fats'ai's mother.
(d) Took Fats'ai's mother to a hospital.
12. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
(a) To play with her sister outside.
(b) To ignore school.
(c) To run without bound feet.
(d) To eat a variety of food.
13. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
(a) Science and astronomy.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(c) Household duties.
14. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died in the war.
(b) They died when Lao's father was young.
(c) They sold Lao's father.
(d) They went to prison.
15. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(b) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(c) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(d) The goose thought it was a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the prologue?
2. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
3. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
4. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
5. Where did Lao and her family live by?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)