|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(a) Late 1800s.
(d) Early 1900s.
2. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
(b) Locke Lao in a room.
(c) Lied to the uncle about money.
(d) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
3. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They sold Lao's father.
(b) They died when Lao's father was young.
(c) They went to prison.
(d) They died in the war.
4. Where was Lao born?
5. What did the Chu family own?
(b) A garden.
6. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
(b) Lao's brother.
(c) Yintze's son.
(d) Lao's first child.
7. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
(a) To ignore school.
(b) To run without bound feet.
(c) To play with her sister outside.
(d) To eat a variety of food.
8. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Yintze's husband.
(b) Lao never tells the readers.
(d) Lao's father.
9. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(a) He works nights.
(b) He rarely worked.
10. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(c) Cooking skills.
11. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
(a) Once a day.
(d) Twice a year.
12. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She was part of the elite.
(b) She lived a sheltered life.
(c) She lived a depressing life.
(d) She was a slave.
13. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) A fire destroyed his building.
(b) An insect infestation.
(c) A dishonest employee.
(d) Stolen recipes.
14. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
(a) That Lao "frightened him to death."
(b) That the doctor misdiagnosed him.
(c) That he ran into traffic.
(d) That he died of smallpox.
15. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Clean for them.
(b) Learn to beg.
(c) Steal their money.
(d) Go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
2. Where did Lao and her family live by?
3. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
4. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
5. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)