|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fats'ai die?
(a) From a broken neck.
(b) From drowning.
(c) From a beating.
(d) From smallpox.
2. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) She did not understand the need to save money.
(b) Her husband cooked better than she.
(c) Her kids ran wild.
(d) She beat her children.
3. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(b) He rarely worked.
(c) He works nights.
4. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) They gave money to religious organizations.
(b) The finances had grown.
(c) The family squandered the inheritance.
(d) The family hid it from the government.
5. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
(a) In an attic.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In a water container.
(d) At a stranger's house.
6. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
(b) Nursed her until her death.
(c) Paid her.
(d) Tended her garden.
7. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Clean for them.
(c) Steal their money.
(d) Learn to beg.
8. What eventually happened to Fats'ali's mother?
(a) She had another boy.
(b) She remarried.
(c) She died.
(d) She returned to Lao's home.
9. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Another family.
(b) Lao's sister.
(c) Only her husband.
(d) The wife of her husband's cousin.
10. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(d) Her employer.
11. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
(b) Stole from them.
(c) Happily left.
(d) Kept finding excuses to stay.
12. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Sharing Memories.
(b) The City.
(c) Family and Heartache.
(d) Keeping Life.
13. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) Someone stole him.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He got scared.
(d) He fell down.
14. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(a) Cooking skills.
15. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) A traveling group of singers.
(b) South Entrance.
(c) North Gate.
(d) Erupting volcanoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
2. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
3. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
4. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
5. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)