|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) The goose thought it was a dog.
(b) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(c) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(d) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
2. What information concerning stories and legends did Lao state about a cat?
(a) The cat cannot be in a kitchen.
(b) The cat killed a child.
(c) A cat in a courtyard is bad luck.
(d) A cat in a courtyard is good luck.
3. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Learn to beg.
(b) Steal their money.
(c) Clean for them.
(d) Go to college.
4. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
(a) A dog kept her company.
(b) A dog cannot be inside a house.
(c) A dog in a courtyard is bad luck.
(d) A dog in a courtyard is good luck.
5. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
(a) To eat a variety of food.
(b) To ignore school.
(c) To run without bound feet.
(d) To play with her sister outside.
6. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He hurt his wife.
(b) He owed people money.
(c) He belonged in jail.
(d) He gave outsiders information about the village.
7. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
8. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five months.
9. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
(b) Lao's first child.
(c) Lao's brother.
(d) Yintze's son.
10. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
(a) He can only make rice.
(b) He never cooks.
(c) A wonderful cook.
(d) A terrible cook.
11. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
(d) Fats'ai and the other children.
12. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
13. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) At a pub.
(b) Away working.
(c) Working in a field.
(d) Next door.
14. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Cleaned houses.
(b) Sold cakes.
(d) Distributed drugs.
15. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To use his math skills.
(b) To write advertisements.
(c) To work in a garden.
(d) To lift heavy tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lao in 1881?
2. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
3. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
4. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
5. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)