|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(c) Iron salesman.
(d) Drug dealer.
2. Who raised Lao's father?
(b) His sister.
(d) An uncle.
3. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They sold Lao's father.
(b) They went to prison.
(c) They died in the war.
(d) They died when Lao's father was young.
4. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
(d) Fats'ai and the other children.
5. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five months.
6. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
(b) Stole from them.
(c) Kept finding excuses to stay.
(d) Happily left.
7. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao's sister became jealous.
(b) Lao's feet broke free.
(c) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(d) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
8. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He belonged in jail.
(b) He hurt his wife.
(c) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(d) He owed people money.
9. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Sold her.
(c) Put her up for adoption.
(d) Sent her to school.
10. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She was a slave.
(b) She lived a depressing life.
(c) She lived a sheltered life.
(d) She was part of the elite.
11. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
12. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
13. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
14. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) Her husband cooked better than she.
(b) She did not understand the need to save money.
(c) She beat her children.
(d) Her kids ran wild.
15. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(b) Late 1800s.
(d) Early 1900s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
2. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
3. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
4. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
5. What did the Chu family own?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)