|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) He got scared.
(b) He ran away.
(c) Someone stole him.
(d) He fell down.
2. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
3. Who raised Lao's father?
(a) His sister.
(c) An uncle.
4. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Sold her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Sent her to school.
(d) Put her up for adoption.
5. What eventually happened to Fats'ali's mother?
(a) She returned to Lao's home.
(b) She had another boy.
(c) She remarried.
(d) She died.
6. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
(b) That she will not go to the devil.
(c) That she will see her loved ones again.
(d) That she will live again.
7. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) North Gate.
(b) Erupting volcanoes.
(c) South Entrance.
(d) A traveling group of singers.
8. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Lao's first child.
(b) Lao's brother.
(c) Yintze's son.
(d) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
9. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Distributed drugs.
(c) Sold cakes.
(d) Cleaned houses.
10. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(c) Cooking skills.
11. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
(a) It gave him an inflated ego.
(b) It made him ill prepared for life.
(c) It provided an opportunity to do opium.
(d) It made him prepared for life.
12. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Steal their money.
(b) Learn to beg.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Clean for them.
13. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She lived a depressing life.
(b) She lived a sheltered life.
(c) She was part of the elite.
(d) She was a slave.
14. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Only her husband.
(b) The wife of her husband's cousin.
(c) Lao's sister.
(d) Another family.
15. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
2. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
3. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
4. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
5. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)