|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised Lao's father?
(c) His sister.
(d) An uncle.
2. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
(a) In a water container.
(b) In an attic.
(c) At a stranger's house.
(d) Behind a tree.
3. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(d) Her employer.
4. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
5. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
(a) The parents disliked visiting with Yintze.
(b) The parents knew she should return home.
(c) The parents wanted to feed Yintze more food.
(d) The parents felt as if they could do nothing.
6. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) The Chou Wang Temple area.
(b) A emporer's castle.
(d) The Northeast corner.
7. What happened to Lao in 1881?
(a) Lao got married.
(b) Lao's mother remarried.
(c) Lao's sister died.
(d) Lao's husband died.
8. What does the region of P'englai include?
(a) The Water City.
(b) Lakes and valleys.
(c) Merchants and a prison.
(d) Oceans and sand.
9. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
(a) Working as a clerk.
(b) Cleaning the sidewalks.
(c) Selling feed.
(d) Keeping books.
10. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Steal their money.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Clean for them.
(d) Learn to beg.
11. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He fell down.
(c) He got scared.
(d) Someone stole him.
12. Where was Lao born?
13. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(a) A cousin of her husband's father.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her brother and his wife.
14. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
15. How did Fats'ai die?
(a) From a beating.
(b) From a broken neck.
(c) From drowning.
(d) From smallpox.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
2. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
3. Who is Fats'ai?
4. What was Lao's husband by trade?
5. What legend happened to Lao's family?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)