Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died when Lao's father was young.
(b) They went to prison.
(c) They died in the war.
(d) They sold Lao's father.
2. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
3. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
(a) Lao to run away.
(b) Lao to get him food.
(c) Lao to find his mother.
(d) Lao to let him out.
4. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
(a) Happily left.
(b) Stole from them.
(d) Kept finding excuses to stay.
5. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
(b) Nursed her until her death.
(c) Tended her garden.
(d) Paid her.
6. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
(a) A dog cannot be inside a house.
(b) A dog in a courtyard is bad luck.
(c) A dog in a courtyard is good luck.
(d) A dog kept her company.
7. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) The wife of her husband's cousin.
(b) Only her husband.
(c) Lao's sister.
(d) Another family.
8. What information concerning stories and legends did Lao state about a cat?
(a) The cat killed a child.
(b) The cat cannot be in a kitchen.
(c) A cat in a courtyard is bad luck.
(d) A cat in a courtyard is good luck.
9. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
(a) It was tradition.
(b) Her sister needed help.
(c) They missed her.
(d) She sneaked them food.
10. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) He fell down.
(b) He got scared.
(c) Someone stole him.
(d) He ran away.
11. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(a) Iron salesman.
(b) Drug dealer.
12. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
(a) Science and astronomy.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(d) Household duties.
13. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
14. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) He showed superb academic skills early.
(b) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
(c) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
(d) The school taught solid trades.
15. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) A dishonest employee.
(b) An insect infestation.
(c) A fire destroyed his building.
(d) Stolen recipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
2. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
3. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
4. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
5. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)