|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
2. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
(a) Cleaning the sidewalks.
(b) Keeping books.
(c) Working as a clerk.
(d) Selling feed.
3. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
(a) That he died of smallpox.
(b) That the doctor misdiagnosed him.
(c) That Lao "frightened him to death."
(d) That he ran into traffic.
4. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
(c) Once a day.
(d) Twice a year.
5. Where was Lao born?
6. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) A emporer's castle.
(b) The Northeast corner.
(d) The Chou Wang Temple area.
7. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He belonged in jail.
(b) He hurt his wife.
(c) He owed people money.
(d) He gave outsiders information about the village.
8. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She was a slave.
(b) She was part of the elite.
(c) She lived a sheltered life.
(d) She lived a depressing life.
9. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To work in a garden.
(b) To lift heavy tools.
(c) To use his math skills.
(d) To write advertisements.
10. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) Stolen recipes.
(b) An insect infestation.
(c) A dishonest employee.
(d) A fire destroyed his building.
11. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(d) Cooking skills.
12. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
(a) Her brother.
(b) No one.
(c) Neighborhood children.
(d) Chou Wang's children.
13. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) The family was wealthy.
(b) They earned honest wages.
(c) They never had money.
(d) They always wasted money.
14. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
15. What eventually happened to Fats'ali's mother?
(a) She returned to Lao's home.
(b) She had another boy.
(c) She remarried.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
2. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
3. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
4. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
5. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)