|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Late 1800s.
2. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(a) Iron salesman.
(b) Drug dealer.
3. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) Next door.
(b) Working in a field.
(c) At a pub.
(d) Away working.
4. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
5. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Learn to beg.
(b) Steal their money.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Clean for them.
6. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
(a) Changed the length of her dresses.
(b) Changed her hairstyle.
(c) Changed her bedroom.
(d) Changed her to smaller shoes.
7. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(b) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(c) The goose thought it was a dog.
(d) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
8. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Sold cakes.
(b) Distributed drugs.
(c) Cleaned houses.
9. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) He ran away.
(b) Someone stole him.
(c) He fell down.
(d) He got scared.
10. What happened to Lao in 1881?
(a) Lao's sister died.
(b) Lao got married.
(c) Lao's husband died.
(d) Lao's mother remarried.
11. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Sent her to school.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Put her up for adoption.
(d) Sold her.
12. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) The finances had grown.
(b) The family hid it from the government.
(c) The family squandered the inheritance.
(d) They gave money to religious organizations.
13. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
14. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(c) He rarely worked.
(d) He works nights.
15. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao's feet broke free.
(b) Lao's sister became jealous.
(c) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(d) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
2. What is the title of the prologue?
3. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
4. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
5. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)