|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
2. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To lift heavy tools.
(b) To use his math skills.
(c) To work in a garden.
(d) To write advertisements.
3. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died in the war.
(b) They sold Lao's father.
(c) They went to prison.
(d) They died when Lao's father was young.
4. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
5. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
(a) Lao to run away.
(b) Lao to get him food.
(c) Lao to let him out.
(d) Lao to find his mother.
6. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) Her husband cooked better than she.
(b) She beat her children.
(c) Her kids ran wild.
(d) She did not understand the need to save money.
7. What does the region of P'englai include?
(a) The Water City.
(b) Oceans and sand.
(c) Merchants and a prison.
(d) Lakes and valleys.
8. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) A traveling group of singers.
(b) South Entrance.
(c) North Gate.
(d) Erupting volcanoes.
9. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Lao's first child.
(b) Yintze's son.
(c) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
(d) Lao's brother.
10. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
11. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
(a) It made him ill prepared for life.
(b) It provided an opportunity to do opium.
(c) It made him prepared for life.
(d) It gave him an inflated ego.
12. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Sold her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Sent her to school.
(d) Put her up for adoption.
13. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Clean for them.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Steal their money.
(d) Learn to beg.
14. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) Away working.
(b) Next door.
(c) At a pub.
(d) Working in a field.
15. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When she was nine.
(b) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(c) When she was thirteen.
(d) When her father could afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
2. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
3. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
4. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
5. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)