|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(b) Her brother and his wife.
(c) Her parents.
(d) A cousin of her husband's father.
2. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(b) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(c) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(d) The goose thought it was a dog.
3. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Lao's sister.
(b) Another family.
(c) Only her husband.
(d) The wife of her husband's cousin.
4. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
(a) The parents knew she should return home.
(b) The parents wanted to feed Yintze more food.
(c) The parents felt as if they could do nothing.
(d) The parents disliked visiting with Yintze.
5. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) A emporer's castle.
(b) The Northeast corner.
(c) The Chou Wang Temple area.
6. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
(b) Paid her.
(c) Tended her garden.
(d) Nursed her until her death.
7. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
(a) At a stranger's house.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In a water container.
(d) In an attic.
8. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
(b) Fats'ai and the other children.
9. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He owed people money.
(b) He hurt his wife.
(c) He belonged in jail.
(d) He gave outsiders information about the village.
10. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Sold cakes.
(b) Distributed drugs.
(d) Cleaned houses.
11. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will see her loved ones again.
(b) That she will live again.
(c) That she will not go to the devil.
(d) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
12. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(a) He rarely worked.
(c) He works nights.
13. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
14. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
(a) Changed the length of her dresses.
(b) Changed her hairstyle.
(c) Changed her to smaller shoes.
(d) Changed her bedroom.
15. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Lied to the uncle about money.
(b) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
(c) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
(d) Locke Lao in a room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fats'ai's father?
2. Where did Lao and her family live by?
3. How did Fats'ai die?
4. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
5. What did the Chu family own?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)