|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
(a) A goose walking through a house fortells a robbery.
(b) A goose landing in a courtyard means an increase in fortune.
(c) The goose cannot be around a cat.
(d) The goose drowned.
2. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
(a) Stole from them.
(b) Happily left.
(d) Kept finding excuses to stay.
3. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Fats'ai's mother took care of Lao's children.
(b) Fats'ai's mother relied on Lao.
(c) Fats'ai's mother continually quarreled with Lao.
(d) Fats'ai's mother refused to speak to Lao.
4. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Keeping Life.
(b) Sharing Memories.
(c) Family and Heartache.
(d) The City.
5. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will not go to the devil.
(b) That she will see her loved ones again.
(c) That she will live again.
(d) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
6. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five months.
7. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When her father could afford it.
(b) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(c) When she was thirteen.
(d) When she was nine.
8. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To lift heavy tools.
(b) To work in a garden.
(c) To use his math skills.
(d) To write advertisements.
9. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) A emporer's castle.
(b) The Chou Wang Temple area.
(c) The Northeast corner.
10. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(b) He hurt his wife.
(c) He belonged in jail.
(d) He owed people money.
11. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
(a) How to cook well.
(b) How to buy food.
(c) How to organize.
(d) How to handle a household.
12. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(b) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(c) The goose thought it was a dog.
(d) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
13. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(c) Cooking skills.
14. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
15. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Late 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
2. What did the Chu family own?
3. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
4. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
5. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)