|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the region of P'englai include?
(a) The Water City.
(b) Oceans and sand.
(c) Merchants and a prison.
(d) Lakes and valleys.
2. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) Her husband cooked better than she.
(b) She beat her children.
(c) Her kids ran wild.
(d) She did not understand the need to save money.
3. What did the Chu family own?
(d) A garden.
4. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
(c) Fats'ai and the other children.
5. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) The family hid it from the government.
(b) The family squandered the inheritance.
(c) The finances had grown.
(d) They gave money to religious organizations.
6. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) Someone stole him.
(b) He fell down.
(c) He got scared.
(d) He ran away.
7. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) The family was wealthy.
(b) They never had money.
(c) They always wasted money.
(d) They earned honest wages.
8. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(b) Cleaned houses.
(c) Distributed drugs.
(d) Sold cakes.
9. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(b) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(c) The goose thought it was a dog.
(d) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
10. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(b) Her employer.
11. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
12. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Made Lao watch Fats'ai's mother.
(b) Found Fats'ai's mother another child.
(c) Sent Fats'ai's mother away.
(d) Took Fats'ai's mother to a hospital.
13. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She lived a sheltered life.
(b) She was a slave.
(c) She lived a depressing life.
(d) She was part of the elite.
14. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
(a) A wonderful cook.
(b) A terrible cook.
(c) He can only make rice.
(d) He never cooks.
15. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(b) He rarely worked.
(d) He works nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
2. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
3. Where was Lao born?
4. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
5. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)