|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A dog was in the courtyard.
(b) A duck lived with them.
(c) A black cat walked in front of their house.
(d) A goose flew away.
2. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will not go to the devil.
(b) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
(c) That she will see her loved ones again.
(d) That she will live again.
3. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) She beat her children.
(b) Her kids ran wild.
(c) She did not understand the need to save money.
(d) Her husband cooked better than she.
4. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
(a) Working as a clerk.
(b) Keeping books.
(c) Cleaning the sidewalks.
(d) Selling feed.
5. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Found Fats'ai's mother another child.
(b) Made Lao watch Fats'ai's mother.
(c) Took Fats'ai's mother to a hospital.
(d) Sent Fats'ai's mother away.
6. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Lao's sister.
(b) Another family.
(c) The wife of her husband's cousin.
(d) Only her husband.
7. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They went to prison.
(b) They died when Lao's father was young.
(c) They died in the war.
(d) They sold Lao's father.
8. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Sent her to school.
(c) Put her up for adoption.
(d) Sold her.
9. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
(a) To play with her sister outside.
(b) To run without bound feet.
(c) To eat a variety of food.
(d) To ignore school.
10. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Steal their money.
(b) Learn to beg.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Clean for them.
11. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
12. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
(b) Locke Lao in a room.
(c) Lied to the uncle about money.
(d) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
13. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) He got scared.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He fell down.
(d) Someone stole him.
14. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) They earned honest wages.
(b) They always wasted money.
(c) The family was wealthy.
(d) They never had money.
15. Who raised Lao's father?
(b) An uncle.
(c) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
2. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
3. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
4. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
5. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)