|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
2. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will live again.
(b) That she will not go to the devil.
(c) That she will see her loved ones again.
(d) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
3. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Chou Wang's children.
(c) Neighborhood children.
(d) No one.
4. What information concerning stories and legends did Lao state about a cat?
(a) The cat cannot be in a kitchen.
(b) The cat killed a child.
(c) A cat in a courtyard is good luck.
(d) A cat in a courtyard is bad luck.
5. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
(a) They never had money.
(b) The family was wealthy.
(c) They earned honest wages.
(d) They always wasted money.
6. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(b) He rarely worked.
(d) He works nights.
7. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) Her kids ran wild.
(b) She did not understand the need to save money.
(c) Her husband cooked better than she.
(d) She beat her children.
8. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) Next door.
(b) Working in a field.
(c) Away working.
(d) At a pub.
9. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(a) Iron salesman.
(b) Drug dealer.
10. What happened to Lao in 1881?
(a) Lao's mother remarried.
(b) Lao got married.
(c) Lao's husband died.
(d) Lao's sister died.
11. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
(a) The family hid it from the government.
(b) The finances had grown.
(c) The family squandered the inheritance.
(d) They gave money to religious organizations.
12. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Lao's father.
(b) Lao never tells the readers.
(d) Yintze's husband.
13. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
14. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died when Lao's father was young.
(b) They died in the war.
(c) They sold Lao's father.
(d) They went to prison.
15. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) An insect infestation.
(b) A dishonest employee.
(c) Stolen recipes.
(d) A fire destroyed his building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
2. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
3. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
4. How did Fats'ai die?
5. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)