|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She was a slave.
(b) She was part of the elite.
(c) She lived a sheltered life.
(d) She lived a depressing life.
2. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(a) He works nights.
(c) He rarely worked.
3. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
4. Whom did Fats'ai's mother blame for his death?
(b) Her employer.
5. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will live again.
(b) That she will see her loved ones again.
(c) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
(d) That she will not go to the devil.
6. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(b) Lao's sister became jealous.
(c) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
(d) Lao's feet broke free.
7. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
(a) At a stranger's house.
(b) In a water container.
(c) Behind a tree.
(d) In an attic.
8. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To work in a garden.
(b) To use his math skills.
(c) To lift heavy tools.
(d) To write advertisements.
9. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
(b) Locke Lao in a room.
(c) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
(d) Lied to the uncle about money.
10. What does the region of P'englai include?
(a) Oceans and sand.
(b) Merchants and a prison.
(c) Lakes and valleys.
(d) The Water City.
11. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He hurt his wife.
(b) He owed people money.
(c) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(d) He belonged in jail.
12. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died in the war.
(b) They died when Lao's father was young.
(c) They went to prison.
(d) They sold Lao's father.
13. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
(a) The parents disliked visiting with Yintze.
(b) The parents felt as if they could do nothing.
(c) The parents wanted to feed Yintze more food.
(d) The parents knew she should return home.
14. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Sharing Memories.
(b) Family and Heartache.
(c) The City.
(d) Keeping Life.
15. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
(a) No one.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Chou Wang's children.
(d) Neighborhood children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
2. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
3. Who raised Lao's father?
4. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
5. Who is Fats'ai?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)