|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
(b) Twice a year.
(c) Once a day.
2. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) Her kids ran wild.
(b) Her husband cooked better than she.
(c) She beat her children.
(d) She did not understand the need to save money.
3. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(b) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(c) The goose thought it was a dog.
(d) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
4. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Sent her to school.
(b) Put her up for adoption.
(c) Sold her.
(d) Beat her.
5. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
(a) Keeping books.
(b) Selling feed.
(c) Cleaning the sidewalks.
(d) Working as a clerk.
6. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
(a) Lao contracted "heavenly blossoms."
(b) Lao's feet broke free.
(c) Lao's sister became jealous.
(d) Lao's parents arranged her marriage.
7. What did the Chu family own?
(a) A garden.
8. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) South Entrance.
(b) North Gate.
(c) Erupting volcanoes.
(d) A traveling group of singers.
9. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She lived a sheltered life.
(b) She lived a depressing life.
(c) She was a slave.
(d) She was part of the elite.
10. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Lied to the uncle about money.
(b) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
(c) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
(d) Locke Lao in a room.
11. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
12. What freedom did Lao's mother allow her as a child?
(a) To run without bound feet.
(b) To play with her sister outside.
(c) To ignore school.
(d) To eat a variety of food.
13. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Late 1800s.
14. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
(a) Changed her hairstyle.
(b) Changed her bedroom.
(c) Changed her to smaller shoes.
(d) Changed the length of her dresses.
15. When Lao returned to the home of her parents while pregnant, what did she plan to do?
(a) Learn to beg.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Clean for them.
(d) Steal their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
2. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
3. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
4. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
5. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)