|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Lao's brother.
(b) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
(c) Lao's first child.
(d) Yintze's son.
2. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
(b) Paid her.
(c) Tended her garden.
(d) Nursed her until her death.
3. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(b) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(c) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
(d) The goose thought it was a dog.
4. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
5. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) Working in a field.
(b) Away working.
(c) At a pub.
(d) Next door.
6. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
(a) The goose drowned.
(b) A goose landing in a courtyard means an increase in fortune.
(c) A goose walking through a house fortells a robbery.
(d) The goose cannot be around a cat.
7. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
(b) The school taught solid trades.
(c) He showed superb academic skills early.
(d) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
8. What did the Chu family own?
(b) A garden.
9. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A goose flew away.
(b) A black cat walked in front of their house.
(c) A dog was in the courtyard.
(d) A duck lived with them.
10. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) South Entrance.
(b) North Gate.
(c) A traveling group of singers.
(d) Erupting volcanoes.
11. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(a) Her brother and his wife.
(b) A cousin of her husband's father.
(c) Her parents.
12. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
(a) Twice a year.
(d) Once a day.
13. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(c) Drug dealer.
(d) Iron salesman.
14. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(b) Lao's father.
(c) Lao never tells the readers.
(d) Yintze's husband.
15. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents did not want her.
(b) Lao did not know how to beg.
(c) Lao's parents had no money.
(d) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the first time Lao's feet were bound?
2. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
3. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
4. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
5. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)