|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
2. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
3. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) The school taught solid trades.
(b) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
(c) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
(d) He showed superb academic skills early.
4. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
(a) He never cooks.
(b) He can only make rice.
(c) A terrible cook.
(d) A wonderful cook.
5. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) She beat her children.
(b) Her kids ran wild.
(c) Her husband cooked better than she.
(d) She did not understand the need to save money.
6. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(b) Late 1800s.
(c) Early 1900s.
7. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When she was thirteen.
(b) When her father could afford it.
(c) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(d) When she was nine.
8. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A duck lived with them.
(b) A goose flew away.
(c) A black cat walked in front of their house.
(d) A dog was in the courtyard.
9. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(b) Lao's father.
(c) Lao never tells the readers.
(d) Yintze's husband.
10. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) The City.
(b) Family and Heartache.
(c) Sharing Memories.
(d) Keeping Life.
11. How old was Lao when her father first saw her?
12. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
(a) Cooking skills.
13. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He hurt his wife.
(b) He owed people money.
(c) He gave outsiders information about the village.
(d) He belonged in jail.
14. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three years.
15. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
2. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
3. What does the region of P'englai include?
4. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
5. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)