|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died in the war.
(b) They went to prison.
(c) They sold Lao's father.
(d) They died when Lao's father was young.
2. Who is Fats'ai?
(a) Liu-Yi-tze's cousin's son.
(b) Yintze's son.
(c) Lao's first child.
(d) Lao's brother.
3. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
(a) He rarely worked.
(d) He works nights.
4. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
(a) Her father died.
(b) Her family bound her feet.
(c) Her mother began working outside the home.
(d) Her brother was born.
5. Where did Fats'ai hide while playing with Lao one day?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) In a water container.
(c) In an attic.
(d) At a stranger's house.
6. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
7. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a year.
8. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
(a) That she will live again.
(b) That she will have a safe and speedy passage.
(c) That she will see her loved ones again.
(d) That she will not go to the devil.
9. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Nursed her until her death.
(b) Tended her garden.
(c) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
(d) Paid her.
10. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
(b) Lied to the uncle about money.
(c) Locke Lao in a room.
(d) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
11. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Yintze's husband.
(b) Lao's father.
(c) Lao never tells the readers.
12. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(c) Iron salesman.
(d) Drug dealer.
13. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
(a) A dog cannot be inside a house.
(b) A dog kept her company.
(c) A dog in a courtyard is good luck.
(d) A dog in a courtyard is bad luck.
14. What happened as Fats'ai hides while playing with Lao one day?
(a) He ran away.
(b) Someone stole him.
(c) He fell down.
(d) He got scared.
15. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(b) When she was nine.
(c) When her father could afford it.
(d) When she was thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
2. Where did Lao and her family live by?
3. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
4. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
5. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)