|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents had no money.
(b) Lao's parents did not want her.
(c) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
(d) Lao did not know how to beg.
2. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
(a) That Lao "frightened him to death."
(b) That he ran into traffic.
(c) That he died of smallpox.
(d) That the doctor misdiagnosed him.
3. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
(b) Household duties.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Science and astronomy.
4. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To work in a garden.
(b) To use his math skills.
(c) To write advertisements.
(d) To lift heavy tools.
5. How did Fats'ai die?
(a) From a broken neck.
(b) From drowning.
(c) From smallpox.
(d) From a beating.
6. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
7. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(b) When she was nine.
(c) When she was thirteen.
(d) When her father could afford it.
8. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
9. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
(a) Her mother began working outside the home.
(b) Her family bound her feet.
(c) Her brother was born.
(d) Her father died.
10. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Sold cakes.
(b) Cleaned houses.
(d) Distributed drugs.
11. What did Lao's husband do with their youngest daughter?
(a) Put her up for adoption.
(b) Sent her to school.
(c) Sold her.
(d) Beat her.
12. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
13. At 13, what did Lao's parents do to her?
(a) Changed her bedroom.
(b) Changed her hairstyle.
(c) Changed the length of her dresses.
(d) Changed her to smaller shoes.
14. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
(a) A terrible cook.
(b) He can only make rice.
(c) He never cooks.
(d) A wonderful cook.
15. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) At a pub.
(b) Away working.
(c) Working in a field.
(d) Next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
2. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
3. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
4. What did Yintze do when her visits with the parents came to an end?
5. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)