|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(a) Lao never tells the readers.
(b) Yintze's husband.
(c) Lao's father.
2. Who raised Lao's father?
(a) His sister.
(b) An uncle.
3. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five months.
4. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Made Lao watch Fats'ai's mother.
(b) Took Fats'ai's mother to a hospital.
(c) Found Fats'ai's mother another child.
(d) Sent Fats'ai's mother away.
5. How did Fats'ai die?
(a) From drowning.
(b) From a broken neck.
(c) From smallpox.
(d) From a beating.
6. What happened to Lao when she was seven?
(a) Her brother was born.
(b) Her mother began working outside the home.
(c) Her father died.
(d) Her family bound her feet.
7. Where was Lao's father when she was born?
(a) At a pub.
(b) Working in a field.
(c) Next door.
(d) Away working.
8. What information concerning stories and legends did Lao state about a cat?
(a) The cat killed a child.
(b) A cat in a courtyard is good luck.
(c) The cat cannot be in a kitchen.
(d) A cat in a courtyard is bad luck.
9. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He belonged in jail.
(b) He hurt his wife.
(c) He owed people money.
(d) He gave outsiders information about the village.
10. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) The Northeast corner.
(c) A emporer's castle.
(d) The Chou Wang Temple area.
11. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
(a) A goose landing in a courtyard means an increase in fortune.
(b) The goose drowned.
(c) The goose cannot be around a cat.
(d) A goose walking through a house fortells a robbery.
12. What happened to Lao in 1881?
(a) Lao got married.
(b) Lao's sister died.
(c) Lao's husband died.
(d) Lao's mother remarried.
13. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
(a) Only her husband.
(b) Lao's sister.
(c) Another family.
(d) The wife of her husband's cousin.
14. Who often fed Lao when there was nothing in her house to eat after Fats'ai's mother left?
(a) A cousin of her husband's father.
(b) Her parents.
(d) Her brother and his wife.
15. What did Lao's sister do when their uncle came for a visit?
(a) Locke Lao in a room.
(b) Lied to the uncle about money.
(c) Spilled the dinner Lao made.
(d) Created chaos so Lao is sent away.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
2. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
3. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
4. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
5. With what did the wife of Lao's husband's cousin help Lao?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)