|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
2. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
3. What legend happened to Lao's family?
(a) A dog was in the courtyard.
(b) A goose flew away.
(c) A black cat walked in front of their house.
(d) A duck lived with them.
4. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
(a) Household duties.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(d) Science and astronomy.
5. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
6. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
7. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
8. Why did Yintze's parents react in such a way as Yintze left their visits?
(a) The parents felt as if they could do nothing.
(b) The parents knew she should return home.
(c) The parents wanted to feed Yintze more food.
(d) The parents disliked visiting with Yintze.
9. From 1870-1881, where did Lao and her family move?
(a) The Northeast corner.
(b) The Chou Wang Temple area.
(c) A emporer's castle.
10. What did Lao's mother struggle with when she had her own household?
(a) How to organize.
(b) How to handle a household.
(c) How to cook well.
(d) How to buy food.
11. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
(a) He hurt his wife.
(b) He owed people money.
(c) He belonged in jail.
(d) He gave outsiders information about the village.
12. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
(a) An insect infestation.
(b) A dishonest employee.
(c) Stolen recipes.
(d) A fire destroyed his building.
13. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) The goose thought it was a dog.
(b) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(c) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(d) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
14. Why did Lao visit her parents after she was married?
(a) Her sister needed help.
(b) It was tradition.
(c) She sneaked them food.
(d) They missed her.
15. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When she was thirteen.
(b) When she was nine.
(c) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(d) When her father could afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
2. What does the region of P'englai include?
3. How did Fats'ai die?
4. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
5. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)