Short Answer Key
Book One, Pages 1-38
1. What is the title of the prologue?
2. Where was Lao born?
3. What does the region of P'englai include?
The Water City.
4. Where did Lao and her family live by?
5. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
6. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
7. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
They died when Lao's father was young.
8. Who raised Lao's father?
9. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
His uncle honored his father's wishes.
10. How did Wen Chuan's schooling affect him?
It made him ill prepared for life.
11. In the past, what was Lao's family's financial situation?
The family was wealthy.
12. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
The family squandered the inheritance.
13. Where was...
This section contains 2,238 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)