|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Pages 142-174.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mantze not deliver her child at Lao's home?
(a) It was tradition that a child not be born where a duck has flown low.
(b) Lao's house was too small.
(c) It was tradition that a child not be born in the home of a maternal grandmother.
(d) Lao did not want Mantze there.
2. What was Lao's husband by trade?
(b) Drug dealer.
(d) Iron salesman.
3. At Major Liu's house, whom did Lao live with?
(a) Both of Major Liu's wives.
(b) Lao lived in the servant's house, alone.
(c) Major Liu's second wife and her children.
(d) Major Liu and his family.
4. What best describes Lao's time with Major Liu and his family?
(d) Overall happy.
5. How long did the wife of Liu-Yi-tze's cousin stay with Lao?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped with Mantze's wedding?
2. What relation was Ch'ien Lao-yeh to Lao?
3. In 1899, why did Lao share a pallet with her husband?
4. What did Lao share about Ch'ien Lao-yeh's family?
5. What eventually happened to Fats'ali's mother?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)