|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Pages 39-73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
(b) Lao's parents did not want her.
(c) Lao did not know how to beg.
(d) Lao's parents had no money.
2. How did Lao describe the village of her husband overall?
3. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
(a) Selling feed.
(b) Keeping books.
(c) Cleaning the sidewalks.
(d) Working as a clerk.
4. What kind of cook was Lao's father?
(a) A terrible cook.
(b) He can only make rice.
(c) He never cooks.
(d) A wonderful cook.
5. What sort of life did Lao's mother lead as a youngster?
(a) She was part of the elite.
(b) She lived a sheltered life.
(c) She lived a depressing life.
(d) She was a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a wild goose?
2. By the time Lao was born, what had happened to her family's finances?
3. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
4. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
5. Where did Lao and her family live by?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)