|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Pages 175-248.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Lao's household duties at Chang the Chen T'ai's house?
2. What did Lao's husband become addicted to?
3. Where could Mantze not learn to be a good servant for her future mother-in-law?
(a) In a rich country.
(b) With her mother.
(c) In a house where the food is provided by others.
(d) At a unsafe location.
4. What did Lao witness in Newchang?
(a) People fleeing the country.
(b) Food wasted.
(c) The carnage of an accident from a ship.
(d) A government destroying records.
5. During the New Year's holiday of 1895, what did the Japanese do?
(a) Visit the area.
(b) Spread disease.
(c) Bomb the city.
(d) Warn the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 13, what did Lao's parents teach her?
2. What sort of events happened in the village, according to Lao?
3. What job did Lao's father have in a store?
4. What was Lao's husband by trade?
5. With whom did Lao run wild as a child?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)