|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Pages 175-248.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While playing with Lao one day, what doid Fats'ai cry out for?
(a) Lao to run away.
(b) Lao to find his mother.
(c) Lao to let him out.
(d) Lao to get him food.
2. During Lao's pregnancies, what was her life like?
3. What kind of man was Chang the Chen T'ai?
(a) A high military official.
(b) A dishonest businessman.
(c) A loyal patrolman.
(d) A greedy chef.
4. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Family and Heartache.
(b) Sharing Memories.
(c) The City.
(d) Keeping Life.
5. After Lao delivered a son, what happened to her husband?
(a) He went to jail.
(b) He died.
(c) He found a job.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lao insist concerning Mantze's marriage?
2. What kind of demands did foreign families have for their maids?
3. What do the traditions Lao carried out during the woman's dying days ensure?
4. Whom did Lao's son marry?
5. What did Mantze's mother-in-law send for Mantze's baby?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)