|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Pages 39-73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a tame goose?
(a) Nothing, she mentions a duck.
(b) A goose flying away from a courtyard means an decrease in fortune.
(c) The goose thought it was a dog.
(d) The goose must cross paths with a black cat.
2. Why did neighbors criticize Lao's mother?
(a) Her husband cooked better than she.
(b) She did not understand the need to save money.
(c) She beat her children.
(d) Her kids ran wild.
3. What did Lao's father's job in a store require of him?
(a) To lift heavy tools.
(b) To write advertisements.
(c) To work in a garden.
(d) To use his math skills.
4. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
(a) That he ran into traffic.
(b) That he died of smallpox.
(c) That Lao "frightened him to death."
(d) That the doctor misdiagnosed him.
5. When were Lao's feet bound for the second time?
(a) When she was nine.
(b) When her father could afford it.
(c) When a neighbor told her mother to do so.
(d) When she was thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Lao often play with at her husband's?
2. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
3. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
4. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
5. What does the region of P'englai include?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)