|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Pages 39-73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Chu family own?
(c) A garden.
2. What did Lao's father do to earn money for the family?
(a) Sold cakes.
(b) Distributed drugs.
(d) Cleaned houses.
3. Who is Fats'ai's father?
(b) Yintze's husband.
(c) Lao's father.
(d) Lao never tells the readers.
4. How did Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship change after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Fats'ai's mother refused to speak to Lao.
(b) Fats'ai's mother relied on Lao.
(c) Fats'ai's mother continually quarreled with Lao.
(d) Fats'ai's mother took care of Lao's children.
5. What did Lao do for the old woman who fed her?
(a) Nursed her until her death.
(b) Tended her garden.
(c) Paid her.
(d) Gave her Lao's mother's leftover medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lao's husband by trade?
2. How did Fats'ai's mother think her son died?
3. What information concerning stories and legends does Lao state about a dog?
4. Who lived with Lao at her husband's house?
5. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)