|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Pages 142-174.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lao feel about the wife of her husband's cousin living with her?
2. Why did Lao return to the home of her husband?
(a) Lao's parents had no money.
(b) Lao and her sister caused their parents too much grief.
(c) Lao did not know how to beg.
(d) Lao's parents did not want her.
3. What did Lao do when Mantze is 15?
(a) Moved Mantze out of her school.
(b) Left the home of her employer.
(c) Kept Mantze's new job.
(d) Divorced her husband.
4. What did Li Yuntze do with a pair of shoes entrusted to him?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Fixes them.
(c) Wears them.
(d) Sells them.
5. In 1899, who leased the house Lao lives in?
(c) Lao's husband.
(d) Mrs. Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Lao's father's business to fail?
2. What kind of demands did foreign families have for their maids?
3. Why did Major Liu's family not contract smallpox?
4. What kind of hours did Lao's husband keep?
5. How often did Lao visit her parents while she was married?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)