|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Pages 142-174.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mantze return home after her marriage?
(a) Mantze neeed to help her mother.
(b) Her husband beat her.
(c) Lao could not afford to maintain two households.
(d) Mantze's husband died.
2. Where did Chang the Chen T'ai's Third and Fourth Mistresses live while Lao is in service?
(a) With the servants.
(b) In an apartment.
(c) At his house.
(d) At another house.
3. What did Li Yuntze do with a pair of shoes entrusted to him?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Fixes them.
(d) Wears them.
4. What did the neighbors do concerning Lao and Fats'ai's mother's relationship after Fats'ai's death?
(a) Sent Fats'ai's mother away.
(b) Made Lao watch Fats'ai's mother.
(c) Found Fats'ai's mother another child.
(d) Took Fats'ai's mother to a hospital.
5. How did Yintze's parents react as she left their visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1901, what happened to Lao?
2. After Lao's father's business failed, why did he not show himself to the village when he returned?
3. How did Lao feel about scolding?
4. What kind of other servants lived with Lao at Major Liu's house?
5. What did Liu Ma promise concerning Lao?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)