1. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Sharing Memories.
(b) Family and Heartache.
(c) The City.
(d) Keeping Life.
2. Where was Lao born?
3. What does the region of P'englai include?
(a) Lakes and valleys.
(b) Merchants and a prison.
(c) Oceans and sand.
(d) The Water City.
4. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) South Entrance.
(b) A traveling group of singers.
(c) Erupting volcanoes.
(d) North Gate.
5. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(a) Early 1900s.
(d) Late 1800s.
6. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
7. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died in the war.
(b) They died when Lao's father was young.
(c) They sold Lao's father.
(d) They went to prison.
8. Who raised Lao's father?
(c) His sister.
(d) An uncle.
9. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) He showed superb academic skills early.
(b) The school taught solid trades.
(c) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
(d) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
This section contains 4,199 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)