Book One, Pages 1-38
1. What is the title of the prologue?
(a) Keeping Life.
(b) The City.
(c) Family and Heartache.
(d) Sharing Memories.
2. Where was Lao born?
3. What does the region of P'englai include?
(a) Merchants and a prison.
(b) The Water City.
(c) Lakes and valleys.
(d) Oceans and sand.
4. Where did Lao and her family live by?
(a) South Entrance.
(b) A traveling group of singers.
(c) North Gate.
(d) Erupting volcanoes.
5. What is the date of Lao's childhood?
(b) Early 1900s.
(d) Late 1800s.
6. How many siblings did Lao's father have?
7. What happened to Lao's paternal grandparents?
(a) They died when Lao's father was young.
(b) They died in the war.
(c) They sold Lao's father.
(d) They went to prison.
8. Who raised Lao's father?
(c) An uncle.
(d) His sister.
9. Why did Wen Chuan attend school as a child?
(a) He showed superb academic skills early.
(b) The school taught solid trades.
(c) His uncles sent him to school with his cousins.
(d) His uncle honored his father's wishes.
This section contains 4,199 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)