|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is counting the number of bowmen that Guy and his men have?
2. Who built Armengar?
3. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
4. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
5. How many soldiers does Arutha estimate that Highcastle has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the elves in Elder Wood.
2. What answer does Arutha given when Murmandamus comes to allow them to surrender and leave the city?
3. What happened to Ryath?
4. What are Arutha's orders regarding the wounded and dead of Highcastle's garrison?
5. Why does Guy believe that Murmandamus plans on taking Armengar in four weeks?
6. What does Macros decide must be done to escape the time trap?
7. How should Pug and Tomas have rescued Macros rather than landing?
8. What does Arutha think about Lord Highcastle and his hospitality?
9. What does the area where Armengar stood look like after the battle?
10. Why does Lord Highcastle refuse to join Arutha and evacuate to Sethanon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, explain how the author uses conflict in "A Darkness at Sethanon" to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses foreshadowing to give the reader clues of what is to come in the novel. Discuss how the author uses foreshadowing and the effectiveness of this technique.
Essay Topic 3
Arutha is described as the Bane of Darkness. Explain what that phrase means and how Arutha is a bane to darkness.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)