|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers can be held by the giant siege towers that look like giant spiders from a distance?
2. Why are elves at Stone Mountain when Martin arrives?
3. How many horsemen pull the huge battering ram brought to the southern gate of Sethanon?
4. How many waves does Guy believe it will take for Murmandamus to get into the city?
5. When Murmandamus' riders overtake Martin, Baru and Laurie, what direction is Martin forced to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arutha think about Lord Highcastle and his hospitality?
2. What does Macros decide must be done to escape the time trap?
3. What choices does Murmandamus give to the Armengarians?
4. What problems must be faced if the elves of Edder Forest are to fight or join with the other elves?
5. What happened to Ryath?
6. How does Amos use hot sand as a weapon?
7. What answer does Arutha given when Murmandamus comes to allow them to surrender and leave the city?
8. Why is Arutha one who Guy says will be in command if Guy dies?
9. What does Guy decide will be the makeup of the groups that evacuate the city?
10. What happens to Roald as he, Martin, Laurie, and Baru see trolls and then Dark Brothers on their way to Stone Mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, explain how the author uses conflict in "A Darkness at Sethanon" to advance the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Present arguments explaining what or who the inciting force is in "A Darkness at Sethanon." Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Decide who the antagonist and protagonist are in the novel. Present arguments to support your position using examples from the book.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)