|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, how long do Tomas and Pug believe that Macros has been in a trance?
2. Who is counting the number of bowmen that Guy and his men have?
3. What animal head does the warrior with blue plate armor have?
4. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, how long has Pug been gone from Stardock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Roald as he, Martin, Laurie, and Baru see trolls and then Dark Brothers on their way to Stone Mountain?
2. What surprise does Jimmy prepare for Murmandamus as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
3. How do Martin, Baru, Roald, and Laurie obtain horses for their journey to Stone Mountain?
4. How should Pug and Tomas have rescued Macros rather than landing?
5. What answer does Arutha given when Murmandamus comes to allow them to surrender and leave the city?
6. What are Arutha's orders regarding the wounded and dead of Highcastle's garrison?
7. What does Kulgan tell Jimmy about the reinforcements who have come to join the battle at Sethanon?
8. Describe the City of Forever.
9. Why does Lord Highcastle refuse to join Arutha and evacuate to Sethanon?
10. What is the Edder Forest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel, the author quotes Poe, "Lo! Death has reared himself a throne In a strange city." Explain what this quote means and how it relates to the story told in "A Darkness at Sethanon."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the origins and powers of Pug, Tomas, and Macros using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Present arguments explaining what or who the inciting force is in "A Darkness at Sethanon." Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)