|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the elder that Pug would be coming to learn from them?
2. How long does it take Jimmy and Locklear to run to the stables and back to the palace?
3. Where are Arutha and his men going to be taken by their captors?
4. What is another name for Collington's Road?
5. When does Queen Aglaranna say that Tomas vanished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the scroll say that Pug finds in Macros' villa?
2. Why does Tathar say it is well that Martin and Baru came through Elvandar?
3. What did the dwarves tell the innkeeper of the Sleeping Wagoner about their encounter with some Dark Brothers?
4. Why is the dog proving to be useful to Arutha and his men?
5. What is troubling everyone in the Prologue?
6. How did Guy come to rule Armengar?
7. Why has Arutha ordered that the hearts of the Nighthawks be cut out and burned?
8. What story do Jimmy and Locklear tell riders from the garrison of Questor's View?
9. What happens to Jimmy when he enters the Fiddler Crab Inn?
10. Who is Jimmy's friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Present arguments explaining what or who the inciting force is in "A Darkness at Sethanon." Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Jimmy changes and matures during the course of the novel. Use examples from "A Darkness at Sethanon" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses foreshadowing to give the reader clues of what is to come in the novel. Discuss how the author uses foreshadowing and the effectiveness of this technique.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)