|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Jimmy tell Tolly to hide?
2. How long has it been since Arutha and Martin returned from Moraelin?
3. Who controls the route into the Northlands?
4. Where has Pug been this last year?
5. What is the signal for the companies to make their way to the stronghold of the brotherhood of assassins?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jimmy is hit on the head while he is in the sewers, how is he rescued?
2. Why does Ryath, the dragon, consent to transport Tomas and Pug?
3. How does Jimmy try to allay any suspicions when he thinks he has been spotted by a Nighthawk lookout?
4. What is kingdom law based upon?
5. Who is Jimmy's friend?
6. How did Guy help Armengar when he arrived?
7. What do Pug and Tomas find when they first encounter the castle?
8. What happens when Blutark comes upon another Beasthound?
9. Why does Tathar say it is well that Martin and Baru came through Elvandar?
10. What did the dwarves tell the innkeeper of the Sleeping Wagoner about their encounter with some Dark Brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how various events in the novel lead men to become heroes and perform acts of heroism. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Arutha is described as the Bane of Darkness. Explain what that phrase means and how Arutha is a bane to darkness.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role that duty plays in characters' decisions and actions, and how characters' devotion to duty advances the plot. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)