|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the company that is led by Arutha assembling before making their way toward the stronghold of the brotherhood of assassins?
2. Where do Jimmy and Locklear buy horses?
3. Who is the goddess in the Hall of the Dead?
4. Where does Trevor Hull believe that the Nighthawks may be hiding?
5. What instrument is played as the funeral cortege leaves the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the Festival of Presentation?
2. What is kingdom law based upon?
3. Why does Commander Bayne complain about Arutha's order to arrest anyone not known by three citizens of good standing?
4. What about Jimmy threatens to turn the Prince of Krondor's court into chaos?
5. Why has Arutha ordered that the hearts of the Nighthawks be cut out and burned?
6. Who is Segersen?
7. What do Pug and Tomas find when they first encounter the castle?
8. Describe the battle garb that once belonged to Ashen-Shugar and is now worn by Tomas.
9. What does Martin want done with the man who shot the bear and left a nasty wound?
10. What story do Jimmy and Locklear tell riders from the garrison of Questor's View?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of Prince Arutha, Guydu Bas-Tyra and Murmandamus using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Arutha is described as the Bane of Darkness. Explain what that phrase means and how Arutha is a bane to darkness.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether Jimmy changes and matures during the course of the novel. Use examples from "A Darkness at Sethanon" to support your position.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)