|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the tabard of Tomas' armor?
2. Who lives in Thunderhell?
3. What is the name of the inn where Arutha and his party stay after Martin joins them?
4. How many times does Tomas say he has lived when asked to give his name for the Oracle?
5. What is Pug's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the route of the funeral cortege.
2. What does the scroll say that Pug finds in Macros' villa?
3. What story do Jimmy and Locklear tell riders from the garrison of Questor's View?
4. Who is Jimmy's friend?
5. Why does Gathis believe that Macros is dead?
6. How did Guy help Armengar when he arrived?
7. Describe the Northlands.
8. What happens during the Festival of Presentation?
9. Why is the dog proving to be useful to Arutha and his men?
10. Describe the battle garb that once belonged to Ashen-Shugar and is now worn by Tomas.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role that duty plays in characters' decisions and actions, and how characters' devotion to duty advances the plot. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses foreshadowing to give the reader clues of what is to come in the novel. Discuss how the author uses foreshadowing and the effectiveness of this technique.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of Prince Arutha, Guydu Bas-Tyra and Murmandamus using examples from the novel.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)