|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Arutha and his men going to wait to speak to the Protector?
2. How old is Tomas' son?
3. What company do Krista and Bronwynn serve in?
4. What is Pug's wife's name?
5. How thick are the walls of Armengar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Arutha ordered that the hearts of the Nighthawks be cut out and burned?
2. Why does Tathar say it is well that Martin and Baru came through Elvandar?
3. How did Guy come to rule Armengar?
4. Why will Laurie not go back to see his family?
5. How did Guy help Armengar when he arrived?
6. What happens when Blutark comes upon another Beasthound?
7. Describe the battle garb that once belonged to Ashen-Shugar and is now worn by Tomas.
8. Who is Jimmy's friend?
9. What does the scroll say that Pug finds in Macros' villa?
10. What does Armengar look like when Arutha and his men first come upon the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Prologue, Feist introduces all of the story lines of the novel. Explain these story lines and how these viewpoints fit together to advance the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, the author quotes Poe, "Lo! Death has reared himself a throne In a strange city." Explain what this quote means and how it relates to the story told in "A Darkness at Sethanon."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the leadership styles of Prince Arutha, Guydu Bas-Tyra and Murmandamus using examples from the novel.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)