|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks does Guy believe Murmandamus has allowed for sacking Armengar?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. What creatures do Martin and the others have to fight after obtaining horses at the narrow pass they come to on their way to Stone Mountain?
(a) Mountain trolls.
3. How many soldiers does Arutha estimate that Highcastle has?
(a) Perhaps 2,000.
(b) About 2,500.
4. What is Katala's rank?
5. What do Jimmy and Locklear think Murmandamus may be after in Sethanon?
(a) Something magic.
(b) A place that can be easily defended.
(c) A strategic location to launch from in the spring.
(d) The natural resources in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pug injured when he and Tomas fight the creature they encounter in the tower on the island, encircled by a ring of fire?
2. How many days does it take Arutha and his men to travel from Highcastle's garrison to the Dimwood?
3. At what place do Macros, Pug, and Tomas enter Midkemia?
4. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
5. When Murmandamus' riders overtake Martin, Baru and Laurie, what direction is Martin forced to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amos use hot sand as a weapon?
2. Why is Guy not optimistic about the chances of holding back Murmandamus and his army at Sethanon?
3. What happened when a huge battering ram was rammed against the southern gate of the city?
4. What is the Edder Forest?
5. What happened to Ryath?
6. Describe the elves in Elder Wood.
7. Describe the City of Forever.
8. What surprise does Jimmy prepare for Murmandamus as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
9. What will happen if the Lifestone is taken and used?
10. What happens to Roald as he, Martin, Laurie, and Baru see trolls and then Dark Brothers on their way to Stone Mountain?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)