|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmy decide who is the fake Arutha?
(a) By his clothes.
(b) By his ring.
(c) By his accent.
(d) By the mud on his boots.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how long have Arutha and the others been following the Beasthound?
(a) More than a week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
3. When does Queen Aglaranna say that Tomas vanished?
(a) 3 months ago.
(b) 2 months ago.
(c) Three days ago.
(d) A few days after Midsummer's Festival.
4. How old might be the girl who is the host of the oracle?
(a) 15 or 16.
(b) 7 or 8.
(c) 13 or 14.
(d) 19 or 20.
5. What instrument is played as the funeral cortege leaves the city?
(a) A bugle.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, what does a young man working on a list do when the wind blows in a window?
2. What does Aglaranna change the morendel's name to when he returns?
3. How many years has Commander Bayne been in service?
4. Where is Pug's home?
5. By what other name is Pug sometimes called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Guy come to rule Armengar?
2. What do Pug and Tomas find when they first encounter the castle?
3. How did Guy help Armengar when he arrived?
4. What does Martin want done with the man who shot the bear and left a nasty wound?
5. Why is the dog proving to be useful to Arutha and his men?
6. Who is Segersen?
7. What happens when Blutark comes upon another Beasthound?
8. Why will Laurie not go back to see his family?
9. What does Armengar look like when Arutha and his men first come upon the city?
10. What happens to Jimmy when he enters the Fiddler Crab Inn?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)