|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in Thunderhell?
2. What instrument is played as the funeral cortege leaves the city?
(a) A drum.
(b) A bugle.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A trumpet.
3. What does an old man use for a walking staff in the village where Arutha and his men are taken?
(a) A sword.
(b) A beautifully carved staff.
(c) A large wooden stick.
(d) A crude, rough hewn walking stick.
4. Arutha and his men are taken to a village. What do the children playing in the compound of the village have?
(a) Clay marbles.
(b) Wooden swords.
(d) Wooden balls.
5. In the Prologue, what does a young man working on a list do when the wind blows in a window?
(a) Closes the window.
(b) Goes to find a friend.
(c) Crawls out the window.
(d) Grabs a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many infiltrators have Guy and the people of Armengar attempted to get into Murmandamus' camp?
2. What was Trevor Hull's former occupation?
3. How old is Inez, daughter of the Duke of Rodez?
4. How many horses pull the funeral bier?
5. Who was King Lyam's predecessor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Blutark comes upon another Beasthound?
2. Why is the dog proving to be useful to Arutha and his men?
3. Describe the route of the funeral cortege.
4. What did the dwarves tell the innkeeper of the Sleeping Wagoner about their encounter with some Dark Brothers?
5. How does Jimmy try to allay any suspicions when he thinks he has been spotted by a Nighthawk lookout?
6. What do Pug and Tomas find when they first encounter the castle?
7. What does Martin want done with the man who shot the bear and left a nasty wound?
8. Why will Laurie not go back to see his family?
9. Describe the battle garb that once belonged to Ashen-Shugar and is now worn by Tomas.
10. What happens during the Festival of Presentation?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)