|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an old man use for a walking staff in the village where Arutha and his men are taken?
(a) A beautifully carved staff.
(b) A sword.
(c) A crude, rough hewn walking stick.
(d) A large wooden stick.
2. What name is given to the Beasthound?
3. In the Prologue, how much time do several people say has been gained?
(a) A year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how long have Arutha and the others been following the Beasthound?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) More than a week.
(d) 3 days.
5. What is Jimmy's estimated age?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time that martial law was declared?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how many miles are they from where they first encountered the Beasthound?
3. Who goes with Amos Trask to dine with the Protector?
4. What is Pug's wife's name?
5. Which of the five groups heading to the brotherhood of assassins will arrive first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when a huge battering ram was rammed against the southern gate of the city?
2. What does Kulgan tell Jimmy about the reinforcements who have come to join the battle at Sethanon?
3. What do Pug and Tomas find when they first encounter the castle?
4. What does Guy decide will be the makeup of the groups that evacuate the city?
5. What choices does Murmandamus give to the Armengarians?
6. Why does Tathar say it is well that Martin and Baru came through Elvandar?
7. Describe the elves in Elder Wood.
8. What is kingdom law based upon?
9. Why will Laurie not go back to see his family?
10. Describe the siege engines that appear to look like giant black spiders.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)