|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Commander Bayne been in service?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. Which of the five groups heading to the brotherhood of assassins will arrive first?
(a) Arutha's group.
(b) Jimmy's group.
(c) Gardan's and Valdis' group.
(d) Hull's and Cook's group.
3. What instrument is played as the funeral cortege leaves the city?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A drum.
(c) A bugle.
(d) A guitar.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how many miles are they from where they first encountered the Beasthound?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) Easily 100 miles.
(c) 75 miles.
(d) About 80 miles.
5. Where are Jimmy and Locklear sent on an errand as the funeral cortege is about to begin?
(a) Port Authority.
(b) Princess Anita's rooms.
(c) Steward's Office.
(d) Their quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Collington's Road?
2. What is the mother of the babies doing in the Prologue?
3. What continent will Pug and Tomas go to in order to find the Halls of the Dead?
4. After Ryath transports Pug and Tomas from Sorcerer's Island, what do the creatures resemble that attack the two men?
5. What is conducted thirty days after the birth of a member of the royal family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy try to allay any suspicions when he thinks he has been spotted by a Nighthawk lookout?
2. What happens during the Festival of Presentation?
3. Why does Commander Bayne complain about Arutha's order to arrest anyone not known by three citizens of good standing?
4. Who is Jimmy's friend?
5. Why does Gathis believe that Macros is dead?
6. How did Guy help Armengar when he arrived?
7. Describe the Northlands.
8. Why does Tathar say it is well that Martin and Baru came through Elvandar?
9. When Jimmy is hit on the head while he is in the sewers, how is he rescued?
10. Why is the dog proving to be useful to Arutha and his men?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)