|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By order of the Master of Ceremonies, what type of wagering will no longer be allowed?
(a) Wagering on duels.
(b) Wagering on barrel-ball matches.
(c) Wagering on horses.
(d) Wagering on dog fights.
2. What time is it when Jimmy and Locklear sneak through a secret tunnel?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) Nearly midnight.
3. By what other name is Pug sometimes called?
4. What color robes are worn by the Master of Ceremonies?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Gray and blue.
(c) White and navy.
(d) Yellow and red.
5. What sea will Pug and Tomas have to cross to reach the Halls of the Dead?
(a) Endless Sea.
(b) Blue Sea.
(c) Sea of Tears.
(d) Bitter Seas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tomas' son?
2. How many Returnings has Tathar seen?
3. What instrument is played as the funeral cortege leaves the city?
4. How old is Miranda, the daughter of the Duke of Rodez?
5. Why is Martin tracking a bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen if the Valheru return?
2. What is the Hall of Worlds?
3. Why does Fannon wish for Charles to replace him as Swordmaster?
4. What is troubling everyone in the Prologue?
5. Why does Ryath, the dragon, consent to transport Tomas and Pug?
6. What does the scroll say that Pug finds in Macros' villa?
7. Why does Commander Bayne complain about Arutha's order to arrest anyone not known by three citizens of good standing?
8. What do the besieging armies bring to Armengar on the fifth day of the attack?
9. Why is the dog proving to be useful to Arutha and his men?
10. Describe the siege engines that appear to look like giant black spiders.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)