|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horsemen pull the huge battering ram brought to the southern gate of Sethanon?
2. How many soldiers does Arutha estimate that Highcastle has?
(b) About 2,500.
(c) Perhaps 2,000.
3. What creature fed Ashen-Shugar when he was an infant left exposed atop the rocks?
(a) An elf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A moredhel.
(d) An eagle.
4. Where do Amos, Guy, and Arutha have their command post?
(a) Western barbican.
(b) Southern barbican.
(c) Eastern barbican.
(d) Northern barbican.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, for how many days have Guy and his men been leading skirmish parties to slow Murmandamus' army?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 1 day.
6. What is the birthmark on Murmandamus' body?
(a) Purple dragon.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A black sword.
(d) Black dragon.
7. What talisman does Arutha tell Murmandamus he has to protect him from the evil arts?
(a) A talisman from the elves.
(b) A talisman from Tomas.
(c) A talisman from the Abbot at Sarth.
(d) A talisman from Macros.
8. How many are there in Murmandamus' army?
(a) Around 50,000.
(c) Nearly 25,000.
9. What is the job of Jimmy, Locklear and the other squires?
(a) Bring food and water to the fighting men.
(b) Tend to wounded.
(c) Bring buckets of sand and water to every siege engine along the walls.
(d) Deliver messages.
10. Who is the first to run down the trail after the men have to leave Roald behind, injured?
11. What wound does Lord Highcastle sustain when he is in the hills above his advance position?
(a) A deep cut down his right arm.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A broken rib.
(d) Scalp wound.
12. What do Jimmy and Locklear think Murmandamus may be after in Sethanon?
(a) A place that can be easily defended.
(b) Something magic.
(c) A strategic location to launch from in the spring.
(d) The natural resources in the area.
13. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Less than an hour.
14. Who built Armengar?
15. What is Katala's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what place do Macros, Pug, and Tomas enter Midkemia?
2. Who kills Bronwynn?
3. Who does Locklear go to rescue as the troops at Sethanon pull back to the keep?
4. In what direction is Murmandamus moving his armies after the battle at Armengar?
5. After the destruction of the city, what area lies in the direction where Murmandamus is moving his armies?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)