|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Arutha want Highcastle's garrison to be evacuated?
(a) An hour after dawn.
(b) An hour before dawn.
(c) Three hours before dawn.
(d) By sunrise.
2. How many soldiers does Arutha estimate that Highcastle has?
(a) About 2,500.
(c) Perhaps 2,000.
3. When Arutha, Amos, and their men kill Murmandamus' captains, for how many days is the enemy camp thrown into turmoil?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 days.
4. What was Macros' name at birth?
5. How many weeks does Guy believe Murmandamus has allowed for sacking Armengar?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
6. How many soldiers should Martin be bringing from Yabon?
7. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Less than an hour.
8. What do Jimmy and Locklear think Murmandamus may be after in Sethanon?
(a) A place that can be easily defended.
(b) A strategic location to launch from in the spring.
(c) The natural resources in the area.
(d) Something magic.
9. What does Amos fire from a catapult toward the enemy armies?
(a) Hot boulders.
(b) Quegan fire.
(c) Hot oil.
(d) Hot sand.
10. Who is the first to run down the trail after the men have to leave Roald behind, injured?
11. What does Neldarlod mean?
(a) Place of the Beech trees.
(b) Place of the Ash Trees.
(c) Place of the Aspen Trees.
(d) Place of the Maple Trees.
12. What wound does Lord Highcastle sustain when he is in the hills above his advance position?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) Scalp wound.
(c) A broken rib.
(d) A deep cut down his right arm.
13. By what time of day is the city of Sethanon surrounded by Murmandamus' advance cavalry?
14. As Martin is hiding from Murmandamus' riders, how many hours until it will be dark?
15. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
(a) 35-40 miles.
(b) 40-50 miles.
(c) 15-20 miles.
(d) 45 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pug injured when he and Tomas fight the creature they encounter in the tower on the island, encircled by a ring of fire?
2. During the battle, who do Amos and Guy say is braver than he looks?
3. When Pug pauses in his efforts to shift the Garden back in time, how fast does Macros tell him that they need to move back in time?
4. How large is the battering ram brought toward the southern gate of Sethanon?
5. How many enemy soldiers does Arutha say were killed in the battle to take Armengar?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)