|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dolgan's rank?
2. Pug experiences a sense of panoramic awareness when he links his mind with Macros. When has Pug experienced this before?
(a) Upon the Tower of Testing.
(b) In the City of Forever.
(c) At Stardock.
(d) At Elvander.
3. What is the birthmark on Murmandamus' body?
(a) A lightning bolt.
(b) Black dragon.
(c) A black sword.
(d) Purple dragon.
4. When Amos and Arutha ride out to harry Mormandamus' camp, how many of the rear guard survive?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how long has it been since Guy slept?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 day.
6. What creatures do Martin and the others have to fight after obtaining horses at the narrow pass they come to on their way to Stone Mountain?
(b) Mountain trolls.
7. What is Katala's rank?
8. How old was Macros when he left his mother?
9. What made the goblins and other invaders flee after they destroyed the southern gate at Sethanon?
(a) Kingdom armies.
(b) Members of the Academy.
(c) A dragon.
(d) Katala and the four magicians.
10. Why are elves at Stone Mountain when Martin arrives?
(a) To trade.
(b) To honor Dolgan.
(c) To bring supplies.
(d) To have a festival.
11. Who kills Bronwynn?
(a) A morendel.
(b) A troll.
(c) A Black Slayer.
(d) A goblin.
12. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
(a) 40-50 miles.
(b) 35-40 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 15-20 miles.
13. How many trolls and goblins do Guy, Arutha, and the others kill during their first attack, after they leave the city?
(a) 6 trolls and 8 goblins.
(b) 5 each.
(c) 4 trolls and 2 goblins.
(d) 3 each.
14. After the destruction of the city, what area lies in the direction where Murmandamus is moving his armies?
(c) High Wold.
15. Where is Pug injured when he and Tomas fight the creature they encounter in the tower on the island, encircled by a ring of fire?
(a) He has a deep cut down his thigh.
(b) His left arm is broken.
(c) He breaks a rib.
(d) He has a concussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
2. Where did the first Murmandamus die?
3. What color is the light of the Enemy?
4. Who is Arutha's second in command when they arrive at Highcastle's garrison?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 16, how long do Tomas and Pug believe that Macros has been in a trance?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)