|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take Arutha and his men to travel from Highcastle's garrison to the Dimwood?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 8 days.
2. Who is Arutha's second in command when they arrive at Highcastle's garrison?
(a) Guy du Bas-tyra.
3. Where is Pug injured when he and Tomas fight the creature they encounter in the tower on the island, encircled by a ring of fire?
(a) He has a deep cut down his thigh.
(b) He has a concussion.
(c) He breaks a rib.
(d) His left arm is broken.
4. How old is Galain?
5. When Murmandamus' riders overtake Martin, Baru and Laurie, what direction is Martin forced to take?
6. What is the job of Jimmy, Locklear and the other squires?
(a) Bring food and water to the fighting men.
(b) Tend to wounded.
(c) Deliver messages.
(d) Bring buckets of sand and water to every siege engine along the walls.
7. When the attackers attempt to scale the walls of Armengar, what does Guy have his men use on the attackers?
(a) Quegan fire.
(b) Scalding-hot oil.
(c) Flaming arrows.
8. Who will guard the Lifestone now that the battle is over and the Dragon Lords are defeated?
(b) Oracle of Aal.
9. What made the goblins and other invaders flee after they destroyed the southern gate at Sethanon?
(a) A dragon.
(b) Katala and the four magicians.
(c) Members of the Academy.
(d) Kingdom armies.
10. As the fourth day of the attack on Armengar ends, how many days has it been since Martin and the others left for Stone Mountain?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 4 days.
11. What color is the light from the Lifestone?
12. When Arutha, Amos, and their men kill Murmandamus' captains, for how many days is the enemy camp thrown into turmoil?
(a) 1 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
13. After their first attack after leaving the city, where does Shigga recommend they try to hide?
(a) The woods.
(b) A cave.
(c) An underground storage area.
(d) In trees.
14. What does Amos fire from a catapult toward the enemy armies?
(a) Hot boulders.
(b) Hot sand.
(c) Quegan fire.
(d) Hot oil.
15. How many of Guy's former officers are at Highcastle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dragon does Ryath fight as she, Pug, and Tomas approach the Garden?
2. How many guard the narrow pass that Martin and the others come to on their way to Stone Mountain?
3. In what direction is Murmandamus moving his armies after the battle at Armengar?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, how long has Pug been gone from Stardock?
5. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)