|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Martin and the others reach a narrow pass on their way to Stone Mountain, who guards the pass?
(b) Black Slayers.
(c) Mountain Trolls.
2. What animal head does the warrior with blue plate armor have?
(a) Lion's head.
(b) Pig's head.
(c) Elephant's head.
(d) Boar's head.
3. What made the goblins and other invaders flee after they destroyed the southern gate at Sethanon?
(a) Katala and the four magicians.
(b) Members of the Academy.
(c) Kingdom armies.
(d) A dragon.
4. How old is Galain?
5. What does Neldarlod mean?
(a) Place of the Ash Trees.
(b) Place of the Beech trees.
(c) Place of the Aspen Trees.
(d) Place of the Maple Trees.
6. How many soldiers does Arutha estimate that Highcastle has?
(b) Perhaps 2,000.
(d) About 2,500.
7. When Pug pauses in his efforts to shift the Garden back in time, how fast is the Garden moving back in time?
(a) 100 years a second.
(b) 300-400 years a second.
(c) 200-300 years a second.
(d) 500 years a second.
8. When Pug pauses in his efforts to shift the Garden back in time, how fast does Macros tell him that they need to move back in time?
(a) Trillions of years per second.
(b) Billions of years per second.
(c) A hundred thousand years per second.
(d) Millions of years per second.
9. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
(a) 40-50 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) 15-20 miles.
(d) 35-40 miles.
10. What creatures do Martin and the others have to fight after obtaining horses at the narrow pass they come to on their way to Stone Mountain?
(a) Mountain trolls.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 12, for how many days have Guy and his men been leading skirmish parties to slow Murmandamus' army?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 4 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 3 days.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 16, how long do Tomas and Pug believe that Macros has been in a trance?
(a) About 3 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) About a week.
(d) About 24 hours.
13. What was Macros' name at birth?
14. Where is Pug injured when he and Tomas fight the creature they encounter in the tower on the island, encircled by a ring of fire?
(a) He has a concussion.
(b) His left arm is broken.
(c) He has a deep cut down his thigh.
(d) He breaks a rib.
15. Who built Armengar?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the battle, who do Amos and Guy say is braver than he looks?
2. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
3. In what direction is Murmandamus moving his armies after the battle at Armengar?
4. What emotion do Guy and others on the battlefield feel when the light created by Pug and the magicians becomes a sphere that glows over Sethanon?
5. As Martin and the others push rocks down upon their enemies as they journey to Stone Mountain, how is Roald injured?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)