|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take Arutha and his men to travel from Highcastle's garrison to the Dimwood?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
2. How does Murmandamus come to the gates of the city?
(a) On a black stallion.
(b) On a platform with a throne.
(c) On a bay mare.
(d) On a gelding.
3. What is Katala's rank?
4. Who is counting the number of bowmen that Guy and his men have?
(a) The trolls.
(b) The moredhel.
(c) The Black Slayers.
(d) The goblins.
5. How many enemy soldiers does Arutha say were killed in the battle to take Armengar?
6. How large is the battering ram brought toward the southern gate of Sethanon?
(a) 20 feet in diameter.
(b) 8 feet in diameter.
(c) 10 feet in diameter.
(d) 15 feet in diameter.
7. How many soldiers does Arutha estimate that Highcastle has?
(b) About 2,500.
(d) Perhaps 2,000.
8. What is the order of command after Guy, if something happens to him?
(a) Amos Trask, Armand de Sevigny, and Prince Arutha.
(b) Brianna, Amos Trask, and Armand de Sevigny.
(c) Prince Arutha, Armand de Sevigny, and Brianna.
(d) Amos Trask, Armand de Sevigny, and Brianna.
9. How old is Galain?
10. How many soldiers should Martin be bringing from Yabon?
11. What does Amos fire from a catapult toward the enemy armies?
(a) Hot oil.
(b) Quegan fire.
(c) Hot sand.
(d) Hot boulders.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how long have the people of Armengar waited for the armies to attack the city?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 8 days.
13. During the battle, who do Amos and Guy say is braver than he looks?
(a) Baldwin de la Troville.
(b) Anthony du Masigny.
(c) Baron Humphry.
(d) Walter of Gyldenholt.
14. What color do the Armengarians always wear?
15. Who will guard the Lifestone now that the battle is over and the Dragon Lords are defeated?
(b) Oracle of Aal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arutha suggest that a merchant go that they meet on their way to Sethanon?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 16, how long do Tomas and Pug believe that Macros has been in a trance?
3. What does Roald tell Laurie to do for him when they have to leave him behind, after he is injured on their way to Stone Mountain?
4. When Pug pauses in his efforts to shift the Garden back in time, how fast does Macros tell him that they need to move back in time?
5. How many horsemen pull the huge battering ram brought to the southern gate of Sethanon?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)