|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature do Pug and Tomas encounter in the tower on the island, encircled by a ring of fire?
(a) A Dreadmaster.
(c) A Dreadlord.
(d) A Demon.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how long have the people of Armengar waited for the armies to attack the city?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 6 days.
3. How many horsemen pull the huge battering ram brought to the southern gate of Sethanon?
4. About how many miles a day can Arutha and his men travel as they leave Highcastle's garrison?
(a) 15-20 miles.
(b) 35-40 miles.
(c) 40-50 miles.
(d) 45 miles.
5. As the fourth day of the attack on Armengar ends, how many days has it been since Martin and the others left for Stone Mountain?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 days.
6. After the destruction of the city, what area lies in the direction where Murmandamus is moving his armies?
(d) High Wold.
7. How many horses does Arutha lose in the Dimwood?
8. Where did the first Murmandamus die?
9. As Martin and the others push rocks down upon their enemies as they journey to Stone Mountain, how is Roald injured?
(a) Is hit in the head.
(b) Breaks his leg.
(c) Breaks a rib.
(d) Breaks his wrist.
10. How many days does it take Arutha and his men to travel from Highcastle's garrison to the Dimwood?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 7 days.
11. What is the job of Jimmy, Locklear and the other squires?
(a) Tend to wounded.
(b) Bring food and water to the fighting men.
(c) Bring buckets of sand and water to every siege engine along the walls.
(d) Deliver messages.
12. As Martin is hiding from Murmandamus' riders, how many hours until it will be dark?
13. When Pug pauses in his efforts to shift the Garden back in time, how fast is the Garden moving back in time?
(a) 300-400 years a second.
(b) 500 years a second.
(c) 100 years a second.
(d) 200-300 years a second.
14. At what place do Macros, Pug, and Tomas enter Midkemia?
15. Who is counting the number of bowmen that Guy and his men have?
(a) The trolls.
(b) The moredhel.
(c) The goblins.
(d) The Black Slayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When magicians from the Academy, the Tsurani, and horse from Landreth and Shamata arrive, how far away is Martin with troops from Yabon?
2. How many years have the elves been in Edder Forest?
3. What was Macros' name at birth?
4. What emotion do Guy and others on the battlefield feel when the light created by Pug and the magicians becomes a sphere that glows over Sethanon?
5. What wound does Lord Highcastle sustain when he is in the hills above his advance position?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)