Prologue- Chapter 2
• A wind with an unnerving chill blows across Midkemia, encountering the people who will help end the Riftwar.
• The wind is quickly forgotten, except by those who know Marmandamus will attack again.
• When Prince Arutha's twin sons are presented, his trusted Senior Squire, Jimmy, and Jimmy's friend Squire Locklear stand at his side.
• During the festival that evening, Jimmy sees Alvay Quick, Daymaster of the Mocker, the Guild of Thieves.
• Quick tells Jimmy that Nighthawks, assassins commanded by Marmandamus, are in the city to kill Prince Arutha.
• Fearing for his family's safety, Arutha sends his wife and their children to her mother's with guards to protect them.
• Trevor Hull, a former pirate now in the Royal Customs Service, and his right hand man discuss the location of the Nighthawks.
• Jimmy is sent to find the Nighthawks' and locates their hideout in the sewers, and a man...
This section contains 3,794 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)