|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
(a) He is angry at Hugh's taking charge.
(b) He fires Hugh for insubordination.
(c) He laughs about it and tells Hugh not to do it again.
(d) He admires Hugh's precociousness.
2. What does Augusta ask Lady Morte to do to help Joseph get the peerage?
(a) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a practicing Jew.
(b) To tell Lord Morte not to vote for Ben.
(c) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a sinner.
(d) To tell Lord Morte to gather his friends to vote for Joseph.
3. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
(a) Strong and beautiful.
(c) Weak, yet beautiful.
(d) Easily swayed.
4. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Ivory pipes.
(b) Jeweled rings.
(c) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(d) Peacock feathers.
5. Why does Hugh marry Nora?
(a) To forget Maisie.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) He wanted to spend the rest of his life holding her hand.
(d) To make his family angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Micky and Edward go to Nellie's in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
3. What does Maisie find out from Count Tokoly?
4. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
5. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)