|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
(a) To sell nitrate for him.
(b) To get money from the banks for him.
(c) To marry into the Pilaster family.
(d) To keep him away from his brother, Paulo.
2. Why does Mr. Offerton send Hugh to the schoolmaster's office when he sees him in the courtyard in the Prologue?
(a) He needs to be told about Peter.
(b) Hugh will be whipped for going swimming.
(c) Hugh's mother is there to see him.
(d) They want to question him about Micky.
3. Why is Micky angry that he runs into Hugh when he returns to the club to play cards with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Micky will not have an alibi.
(b) Micky does not want Hugh playing cards with them.
(c) Micky hates Hugh and does not want to see him.
(d) Micky is visibly upset over Solly's death.
4. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) He slips and falls in front of the train.
(b) Micky shoots him.
(c) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
(d) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
5. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That he knows about the drowning.
(b) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That Edward is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Micky gotten rich by Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
3. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what news does Emily bring to Maisie?
5. What do Rachel and Micky argue about after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)