|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augusta have Micky walk her to the church in the Prologue?
(a) To invite him to her home for the summer.
(b) To have him show her the way.
(c) So she would not have to walk alone.
(d) To make him tell her the truth about Peter.
2. Why does Augusta show her new bedroom to Madeleine?
(a) She wants Madeleine to help her ruin Samuel.
(b) She wants to show off her new Japanese style.
(c) She wants Madeleine to help her keep Hugh down.
(d) Because they are good friends who share everything.
3. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Letters from the court telling Hugh that there is an injuction.
(b) Letters from Florence concerning Rachel.
(c) Letters of inquiry as to why he won't see her.
(d) Letters of inquiry as to why she won't see him.
4. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
(a) He does not want to be told what to do.
(b) He wants Augusta to go to the bank with him.
(c) He hates the park.
(d) He wants to go to the bank with Hugh.
5. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
(a) Nobody wanted the company's goods any longer.
(b) Toby Pilaster hanged himself.
(c) The bank collapsed.
(d) The workers went on strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what "secret" does Samuel know that he says may come back to haunt Augusta?
2. What is ratting?
3. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
4. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
5. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)