|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
2. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
3. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
(a) One of them was insubordinate.
(b) They were boisterous in class.
(c) Someone stole money.
(d) They swam in the watering hole.
4. Why do Micky and Edward go to Nellie's in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) To drink.
(b) To play baccarat.
(c) To find girlfriends.
(d) To smoke.
5. What sits at the top of the new Pilaster house?
(a) A diamond shaped gable.
(b) An angel.
(c) A stone ship.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
2. What is ratting?
3. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)