|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Micky and Edward go to Nellie's in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) To play baccarat.
(b) To find girlfriends.
(c) To smoke.
(d) To drink.
2. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) At the university.
(d) Edward's house.
3. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
(a) To get money from the banks for him.
(b) To keep him away from his brother, Paulo.
(c) To sell nitrate for him.
(d) To marry into the Pilaster family.
4. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
(a) He is fat.
(b) She is not in love with him.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is too nice to deceive.
5. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
(a) They throw their clothes in the water.
(b) They take their clothes and run.
(c) They join them in a game.
(d) They make them leave the hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
2. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
3. Why is Tonio crying when he meets up with Hugh in the woods?
4. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
5. Why does Augusta show her new bedroom to Madeleine?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)