|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Letters of inquiry as to why she won't see him.
(b) Letters from Florence concerning Rachel.
(c) Letters from the court telling Hugh that there is an injuction.
(d) Letters of inquiry as to why he won't see her.
2. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
(a) He is ignorant and angry.
(b) He has done heinous things to those who have gone against him.
(c) He can force Micky to go back to Mexico.
(d) He has beaten Micky many times.
3. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
4. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
(a) She says Hugh wants Florence for her money.
(b) She says Hugh has had many women.
(c) She says Hugh's father was mentally ill.
(d) She says Hugh is a gambler.
5. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
(a) She does not want her mother to starve for her.
(b) She hates her father.
(c) Her brother, Danny, runs away.
(d) She is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tonio crying when he meets up with Hugh in the woods?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what job does Maisie find?
3. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
4. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
5. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)