|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what "secret" does Samuel know that he says may come back to haunt Augusta?
(a) Augusta has feelings for Micky.
(b) Peter's brother, a lawyer, is making inquiries.
(c) Joseph's work is not respected.
(d) Joseph has been unfaithful.
2. Why does Mr. Offerton send Hugh to the schoolmaster's office when he sees him in the courtyard in the Prologue?
(a) He needs to be told about Peter.
(b) They want to question him about Micky.
(c) Hugh will be whipped for going swimming.
(d) Hugh's mother is there to see him.
3. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He offered Cammel the opportunity to buy Russian bonds.
(b) He offered Cammel stocks.
(c) He offered Cammel a better loan.
(d) He offered to cash Cammel's check.
4. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Correspondence Clerk.
(b) The Principal Clerk.
(c) Junior Partner.
(d) Senior Partner.
5. How does Hugh feel about the ratting?
(a) He thinks animals do what they have to, but humans are disgusting.
(b) Hugh found the rats disgusting.
(c) Hugh hated that April seemed to like it.
(d) Hugh laughed at the whole event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
3. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
4. What sits at the top of the new Pilaster house?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)