|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what "secret" does Samuel know that he says may come back to haunt Augusta?
(a) Joseph's work is not respected.
(b) Peter's brother, a lawyer, is making inquiries.
(c) Joseph has been unfaithful.
(d) Augusta has feelings for Micky.
2. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
(a) She is royalty.
(b) She owns the bar.
(c) To many, she is as important as the Queen.
(d) They owe her money.
3. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
(a) He is angry at Hugh's taking charge.
(b) He laughs about it and tells Hugh not to do it again.
(c) He admires Hugh's precociousness.
(d) He fires Hugh for insubordination.
4. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
(a) They make him go.
(b) They laugh at him when he says he won't go.
(c) He is curious.
(d) He hopes to find a woman there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what job does Maisie find?
2. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
3. Why does Augusta have Micky walk her to the church in the Prologue?
4. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)