|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
3. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is a solicitor.
(b) He is an advisor.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is an banker.
4. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' parents.
(b) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(c) Jenkins' housing situation.
(d) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
5. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
2. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
3. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
4. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
5. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
2. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
3. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
4. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
5. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
6. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
7. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
8. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
9. What leads to Deacon's death?
10. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)