|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Communist party flyers.
(b) Anti-war flyers.
(c) Flyer for their church.
(d) Shop advertisement flyers.
2. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(b) Jenkins' housing situation.
(c) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(d) Jenkins' parents.
3. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
4. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A shoulder.
(b) A hand.
(c) A breast.
(d) A foot.
5. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A firm that buys art books.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) An antique book shop.
(d) A gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What is Barbara's surname?
4. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
2. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
3. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
4. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
6. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
7. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
8. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
9. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
10. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)