|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
(a) Society events.
(b) Jenkins' company.
(d) Country life.
2. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Berkeley Square.
(b) Hyde Park Corner.
(c) Cork Street.
(d) Shepherd's Market.
3. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Communist party flyers.
(b) Shop advertisement flyers.
(c) Flyer for their church.
(d) Anti-war flyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
5. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
Short Essay Questions
1. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
2. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
3. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
4. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
5. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
6. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
7. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
8. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
9. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
10. Who does Jenkins encounter as he is leaving the party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)