|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ralph's surname?
2. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
3. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Dufresne.
(b) Bob Ducre.
(c) Bob Duport.
(d) Bob Durbin.
4. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A football tournament.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A retirement party.
(d) A birthday party.
5. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
(a) At Buckingham Palace.
(b) At the Louvre.
(c) At a fireworks show.
(d) At the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
2. What is Rosie's surname?
3. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
4. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
2. What leads to Deacon's death?
3. Who does Jenkins encounter as he is leaving the party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
5. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
6. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
7. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
8. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
9. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
10. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)