|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(a) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
2. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
3. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) His father.
4. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(b) Jenkins' parents.
(c) Jenkins' housing situation.
(d) Jenkins' girlfriend.
5. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
2. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
3. What does Jenkins begin to incessantly worry about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
5. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
2. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
3. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
4. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
5. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
6. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
7. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
8. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
9. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
10. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)