|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
2. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Shop advertisement flyers.
(b) Anti-war flyers.
(c) Communist party flyers.
(d) Flyer for their church.
3. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' housing situation.
(b) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(c) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(d) Jenkins' parents.
4. What is Lady Walpole-Wilson's relation to Barbara?
(a) Barbara is her daughter.
(b) Barbara is her niece.
(c) Barbara is her sister-in-law.
(d) Barbara is her granddaughter.
5. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Hyde Park Corner.
(b) Cork Street.
(c) Berkeley Square.
(d) Shepherd's Market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
2. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
4. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
2. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
3. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
4. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
5. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
6. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
7. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
8. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
9. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
10. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)