|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) The Waldpole-Wilsons'.
2. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
4. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
5. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Where do the Walpole-Wilsons live?
3. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
4. Who or what does Thompsitt ask Jenkins about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
2. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
3. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
4. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
6. What leads to Deacon's death?
7. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
8. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
9. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
10. Who does Jenkins encounter as he is leaving the party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)