|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Berkeley Square.
(b) Cork Street.
(c) Hyde Park Corner.
(d) Shepherd's Market.
2. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) His father.
4. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) An estate sale.
(b) A garden party.
(c) A housewarming.
(d) A play.
5. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins begin to incessantly worry about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
5. What is Gypsy's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
2. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
3. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
4. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
5. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
6. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
7. What leads to Deacon's death?
8. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
9. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
10. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)