|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Walk with Jesus.
(b) War Never Pays.
(c) The Principles of Communism.
(d) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
3. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His mother's failing health.
(b) Being passed over for a promotion.
(c) Having done something seemingly illegal.
(d) Having to spend a weekend with Quiggin around.
5. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A writer.
(b) A pianist.
(c) A sculptor.
(d) A politician's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Walpole-Wilsons live?
2. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)