|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Tries to make up an excuse.
(b) Asks to bring a friend along.
(c) Volunteers to bring some wine.
(d) Cancels his other plans.
2. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
3. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She provokes him into anger.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She urges him to ask her to dance.
(d) She pretends they have met before.
4. What is Barbara's surname?
5. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(b) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(c) Jenkins' parents.
(d) Jenkins' housing situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
2. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What does Jenkins think about Eleanor is Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
2. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
3. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
4. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
5. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
6. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
7. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
8. Who is Ralph Barnby?
9. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
10. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)