|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A foot.
(b) A hand.
(c) A breast.
(d) A shoulder.
3. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
(a) Jenkins' company.
(c) Country life.
(d) Society events.
4. What is Gypsy's surname?
5. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A firm that buys art books.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An antique book shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Deacon invite Jenkins to go with him and Gypsy in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
2. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
3. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
4. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
5. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
6. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
7. Who is Ralph Barnby?
8. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
9. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
10. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)