|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(b) Walk with Jesus.
(c) The Principles of Communism.
(d) War Never Pays.
2. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(a) His mother.
(d) Le Bas.
5. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) The unsanitary conditions.
(b) Having to buy everyone drinks.
(c) A thuggish man.
(d) The loud music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What is Rosie's surname?
3. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
4. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
5. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
2. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
3. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
5. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
6. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
7. Who is Ralph Barnby?
8. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
9. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
10. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)