|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Thompsitt ask Jenkins about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Whether Jenkins has any money to invest.
(b) The Worepole-Wilsons.
(c) Jenkins' father.
2. Where do the Walpole-Wilsons live?
(b) Grosvenor Place.
(c) Eaton Square.
(d) Belgrave Square.
3. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
4. What is Ralph's surname?
5. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(a) Le Bas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
3. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
5. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
2. Who is Ralph Barnby?
3. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
4. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
5. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
6. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
7. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
8. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
9. What leads to Deacon's death?
10. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)