|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A traffic detour in the west end.
(b) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(c) The latest films playing.
(d) Plans to build a statue.
2. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(b) Le Bas.
3. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A retirement party.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A football tournament.
(d) A dinner party.
4. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(c) His father.
5. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
2. What is Ralph's occupation?
3. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
4. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
5. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
2. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who does Jenkins encounter as he is leaving the party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
5. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
6. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
7. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
8. What leads to Deacon's death?
9. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
10. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)