|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who or what does Thompsitt ask Jenkins about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) The Worepole-Wilsons.
(b) Jenkins' father.
(c) Whether Jenkins has any money to invest.
3. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A garden party.
(b) A play.
(c) A housewarming.
(d) An estate sale.
4. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A gallery.
(b) An antique book shop.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A firm that buys art books.
5. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Pilgrim?
2. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
3. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
4. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
2. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
3. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
4. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
6. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
7. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
8. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
9. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
10. What leads to Deacon's death?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)