|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A retirement party.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A football tournament.
(d) A birthday party.
2. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Some good gossip.
(b) Losing her upperclass friends.
(c) Exclusion from parties.
(d) A mention on the society pages.
3. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Tries to make up an excuse.
(b) Volunteers to bring some wine.
(c) Cancels his other plans.
(d) Asks to bring a friend along.
5. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A firm that buys art books.
(c) An antique book shop.
(d) A gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
2. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
4. What is Rosie's surname?
5. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
3. Who is Ralph Barnby?
4. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
5. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
6. What happens on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" which confuses Jenkins?
7. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
8. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
9. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
10. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)