|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(b) Barnes, Huddle and Stuart.
(c) Goddard and Beachcroft.
(d) Turnbull, Welford and Puckering.
2. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an banker.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is an advisor.
(d) He is a solicitor.
3. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(c) His mother.
(d) Le Bas.
5. What does Jenkins begin to incessantly worry about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Giles' health.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His career.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
2. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
4. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
2. In Jenkins' eyes, what makes Eleanor different from the other society girls?
3. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
4. In Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market", why does it seem to Jenkins that Stringham is well acquainted with Milly?
5. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
6. What does Thompsitt ask Jenkins as they leave the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does Jenkins think Thompsitt has realized?
7. What does Jenkins attend in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What relieves Jenkins at the event?
8. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
9. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
10. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)