|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
2. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(b) He doesn't think of her very often.
(c) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(d) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
3. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
4. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(d) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
5. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Having to spend a weekend with Quiggin around.
(b) Being passed over for a promotion.
(c) Having done something seemingly illegal.
(d) His mother's failing health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note about the location of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
3. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
5. Who is Max Pilgrim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
2. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
3. What leads to Deacon's death?
4. After meeting Barbara Goring, what does Jenkins worry about?
5. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
6. Who is Max Pilgrim? Why do he and Deacon argue in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
7. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
8. As Jenkins and his acquaintances are having coffee in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market", who comes along with an invitation for them?
9. Who is Ralph Barnby?
10. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)