|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(c) Le Bas.
3. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She urges him to ask her to dance.
(c) She provokes him into anger.
(d) She pretends they have met before.
4. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
2. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
5. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara do to embarrass herself and Windmerpool at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. When does Jenkins realize his feelings for Barbara must be cooling?
3. After the sugar incident, what does Jenkins realize about Barbara?
4. Where does Jenkins encounter Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"? What does he find out about Widmerpool ?
5. What does Barnby tell Jenkins about Deacon when they meet?
6. When speaking to Widmerpool after the dance, what does Jenkins say he is doing to earn a living? What does Windmerpool think of Jenkins' employment?
7. Who is Ralph Barnby?
8. What does Truscott suggest when he meets Widmerpool?
9. Why does the topic of conversation turn to Gypsy when Jenkins and Widmerpool meet at the Waldpole-Wilsons' estate?
10. How do Jenkins and Widmerpool react to the news of Barbara's engagement?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)