|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(d) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
2. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(a) His mother.
(c) Le Bas.
3. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) His sister.
(c) The party's host.
(d) Sir Magus.
4. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Being passed over for a promotion.
(b) His mother's failing health.
(c) Having to spend a weekend with Quiggin around.
(d) Having done something seemingly illegal.
5. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Volunteers to bring some wine.
(b) Asks to bring a friend along.
(c) Cancels his other plans.
(d) Tries to make up an excuse.
6. What is Ralph's occupation?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is a college professor.
(d) He is an artist.
7. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(b) His father.
8. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
(a) At Buckingham Palace.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At the Louvre.
(d) At a fireworks show.
9. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
10. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Dufresne.
(b) Bob Duport.
(c) Bob Durbin.
(d) Bob Ducre.
11. What is Rosie's surname?
12. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A hand.
(b) A foot.
(c) A breast.
(d) A shoulder.
13. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(b) He has had too much to drink.
(c) He has to leave the party.
(d) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
14. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
15. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A housewarming.
(b) A garden party.
(c) A play.
(d) An estate sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ralph's surname?
2. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
4. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
5. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)