|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Flyer for their church.
(b) Communist party flyers.
(c) Shop advertisement flyers.
(d) Anti-war flyers.
2. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What is Ralph's occupation?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a college professor.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a journalist.
4. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
5. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A football tournament.
(b) A retirement party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A dinner party.
6. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(c) The Waldpole-Wilsons'.
7. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Being passed over for a promotion.
(b) Having done something seemingly illegal.
(c) His mother's failing health.
(d) Having to spend a weekend with Quiggin around.
8. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(d) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
9. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Some good gossip.
(b) Exclusion from parties.
(c) Losing her upperclass friends.
(d) A mention on the society pages.
10. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
11. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An antique book shop.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A firm that buys art books.
12. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A housewarming.
(b) A play.
(c) An estate sale.
(d) A garden party.
13. What is Lady Walpole-Wilson's relation to Barbara?
(a) Barbara is her granddaughter.
(b) Barbara is her daughter.
(c) Barbara is her niece.
(d) Barbara is her sister-in-law.
14. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
15. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an banker.
(b) He is a solicitor.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is an advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
2. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
3. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
4. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
5. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)