|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Losing her upperclass friends.
(b) Exclusion from parties.
(c) A mention on the society pages.
(d) Some good gossip.
2. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an banker.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is a solicitor.
(d) He is an advisor.
3. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A politician's son.
(c) A writer.
(d) A pianist.
4. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) Sir Magus.
(b) His sister.
(d) The party's host.
5. Where do the Walpole-Wilsons live?
(a) Grosvenor Place.
(c) Belgrave Square.
(d) Eaton Square.
6. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
7. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) His father.
8. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Volunteers to bring some wine.
(b) Asks to bring a friend along.
(c) Tries to make up an excuse.
(d) Cancels his other plans.
9. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
10. What does Jenkins think about Eleanor is Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) She is becoming selfish.
(b) She is somewhat attractive.
(c) She is in love with Quiggin.
(d) She is losing her mind.
11. What does Jenkins begin to incessantly worry about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His career.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) Giles' health.
12. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
13. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Shepherd's Market.
(b) Hyde Park Corner.
(c) Berkeley Square.
(d) Cork Street.
14. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
15. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) It must leave him wanting for money.
(b) It sounds fulfilling.
(c) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(d) He should aim to take over the place.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
2. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
5. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)