|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
(b) Jenkins' company.
(c) Society events.
(d) Country life.
3. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Exclusion from parties.
(b) Some good gossip.
(c) A mention on the society pages.
(d) Losing her upperclass friends.
4. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His father.
5. What is Gypsy's surname?
6. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A gallery.
(c) An antique book shop.
(d) A firm that buys art books.
7. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
8. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
9. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(b) Le Bas.
10. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) An estate sale.
(b) A housewarming.
(c) A play.
(d) A garden party.
11. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
12. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A breast.
(b) A hand.
(c) A foot.
(d) A shoulder.
13. What is Ralph's occupation?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a college professor.
(d) He is a journalist.
14. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Duport.
(b) Bob Dufresne.
(c) Bob Durbin.
(d) Bob Ducre.
15. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Cork Street.
(b) Shepherd's Market.
(c) Hyde Park Corner.
(d) Berkeley Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Pilgrim?
2. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
3. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
4. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)