|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(b) He doesn't think of her very often.
(c) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(d) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
2. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A traffic detour in the west end.
(b) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(c) The latest films playing.
(d) Plans to build a statue.
3. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(b) He has had too much to drink.
(c) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
(d) He has to leave the party.
4. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Walk with Jesus.
(b) The Principles of Communism.
(c) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(d) War Never Pays.
6. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
7. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(b) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(c) Jenkins' housing situation.
(d) Jenkins' parents.
8. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His father.
9. What is Ralph's surname?
10. Where do the Walpole-Wilsons live?
(a) Eaton Square.
(b) Grosvenor Place.
(d) Belgrave Square.
11. What is Barbara's surname?
12. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
13. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) Sir Magus.
(b) His sister.
(d) The party's host.
14. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A football tournament.
(b) A retirement party.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A birthday party.
15. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Fifth Street.
(b) Park Street.
(c) King Street.
(d) Hill Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
2. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What is Gypsy's surname?
4. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
5. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)