|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Turnbull, Welford and Puckering.
(c) Barnes, Huddle and Stuart.
(d) Goddard and Beachcroft.
2. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a solicitor.
(c) He is an banker.
(d) He is an advisor.
4. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
(a) Country life.
(b) Jenkins' company.
(d) Society events.
5. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A politician's son.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A writer.
6. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
7. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(b) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
(c) He has to leave the party.
(d) He has had too much to drink.
8. What is Barbara's surname?
9. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) It must leave him wanting for money.
(b) It sounds fulfilling.
(c) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(d) He should aim to take over the place.
10. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(b) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(c) He doesn't think of her very often.
(d) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
11. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
12. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) War Never Pays.
(b) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(c) The Principles of Communism.
(d) Walk with Jesus.
13. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) The unsanitary conditions.
(b) Having to buy everyone drinks.
(c) A thuggish man.
(d) The loud music.
14. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
15. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Dufresne.
(b) Bob Durbin.
(c) Bob Duport.
(d) Bob Ducre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ralph's occupation?
2. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)