|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She pretends they have met before.
(b) She provokes him into anger.
(c) She urges him to ask her to dance.
(d) She gives him a hug.
2. Who does Pilgrim argue with at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) He should aim to take over the place.
(b) It sounds fulfilling.
(c) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(d) It must leave him wanting for money.
5. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
6. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Anti-war flyers.
(b) Communist party flyers.
(c) Shop advertisement flyers.
(d) Flyer for their church.
7. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(b) A traffic detour in the west end.
(c) Plans to build a statue.
(d) The latest films playing.
8. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
9. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) The Waldpole-Wilsons'.
10. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(c) His mother.
(d) Le Bas.
11. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Having to spend a weekend with Quiggin around.
(b) Being passed over for a promotion.
(c) His mother's failing health.
(d) Having done something seemingly illegal.
12. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
13. What is Gypsy's surname?
14. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
15. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(b) Jenkins' parents.
(c) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(d) Jenkins' housing situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
2. What is Ralph's surname?
3. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
5. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)