|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins think about Eleanor is Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) She is becoming selfish.
(b) She is losing her mind.
(c) She is in love with Quiggin.
(d) She is somewhat attractive.
2. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
(b) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(c) He has had too much to drink.
(d) He has to leave the party.
3. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(b) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(c) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(d) He doesn't think of her very often.
4. What is Lady Walpole-Wilson's relation to Barbara?
(a) Barbara is her sister-in-law.
(b) Barbara is her daughter.
(c) Barbara is her niece.
(d) Barbara is her granddaughter.
5. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(c) His father.
6. Where does Deacon invite Jenkins to go with him and Gypsy in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To a party.
(c) To a market.
(d) For coffee.
7. What is Ralph's surname?
8. What is Gypsy's surname?
9. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Goddard and Beachcroft.
(b) Turnbull, Welford and Puckering.
(c) Barnes, Huddle and Stuart.
10. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
11. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) A mention on the society pages.
(b) Losing her upperclass friends.
(c) Some good gossip.
(d) Exclusion from parties.
12. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
13. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
14. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a solicitor.
(c) He is an banker.
(d) He is an advisor.
15. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(b) Walk with Jesus.
(c) War Never Pays.
(d) The Principles of Communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Pilgrim?
2. Where do the Walpole-Wilsons live?
3. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
4. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Jenkins note about the location of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)