|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(a) His mother.
(c) Le Bas.
2. What is Widmerpool worried about in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Having to spend a weekend with Quiggin around.
(b) His mother's failing health.
(c) Having done something seemingly illegal.
(d) Being passed over for a promotion.
3. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(c) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
4. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(b) Plans to build a statue.
(c) The latest films playing.
(d) A traffic detour in the west end.
5. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
6. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
7. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(d) Le Bas.
8. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
9. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A politician's son.
(b) A writer.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A sculptor.
10. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) The party's host.
(b) His sister.
(d) Sir Magus.
11. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(b) Lord Worpole-Wilson.
12. What is Ralph's surname?
13. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) King Street.
(b) Hill Street.
(c) Park Street.
(d) Fifth Street.
14. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
15. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(b) He doesn't think of her very often.
(c) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(d) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
4. What is Gypsy's surname?
5. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)