|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Anti-war flyers.
(b) Shop advertisement flyers.
(c) Flyer for their church.
(d) Communist party flyers.
2. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(b) A traffic detour in the west end.
(c) Plans to build a statue.
(d) The latest films playing.
3. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(c) Le Bas.
4. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(b) He should aim to take over the place.
(c) It sounds fulfilling.
(d) It must leave him wanting for money.
5. Who or what does Thompsitt ask Jenkins about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) The Worepole-Wilsons.
(c) Jenkins' father.
(d) Whether Jenkins has any money to invest.
6. What does Jenkins note about the location of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) It is close to his own home.
(b) It is in a building owned by Deacon.
(c) It is in a bad area of London.
(d) Giles would not like it.
7. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
8. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) The Waldpole-Wilsons'.
9. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(b) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(c) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(d) He doesn't think of her very often.
10. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A writer.
(b) A politician's son.
(c) A sculptor.
(d) A pianist.
11. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His father.
12. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) The party's host.
(b) Sir Magus.
(d) His sister.
13. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
14. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) At a fireworks show.
(c) At the Louvre.
(d) At Buckingham Palace.
15. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Exclusion from parties.
(b) A mention on the society pages.
(c) Losing her upperclass friends.
(d) Some good gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbara's surname?
2. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
3. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
4. What is Rosie's surname?
5. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)