|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins note about the location of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) It is in a bad area of London.
(b) It is close to his own home.
(c) It is in a building owned by Deacon.
(d) Giles would not like it.
2. What is Ralph's surname?
3. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(d) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
4. Where does Deacon invite Jenkins to go with him and Gypsy in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) To a market.
(b) To a party.
(c) For dinner.
(d) For coffee.
5. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Walk with Jesus.
(b) The Principles of Communism.
(c) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(d) War Never Pays.
6. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He has to leave the party.
(b) He has had too much to drink.
(c) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(d) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
7. What is Barbara's surname?
8. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
9. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
10. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
11. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
12. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Turnbull, Welford and Puckering.
(c) Goddard and Beachcroft.
(d) Barnes, Huddle and Stuart.
13. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He doesn't think of her very often.
(b) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(c) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(d) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
14. What is Gypsy's surname?
15. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
2. Who or what does Thompsitt ask Jenkins about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
4. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)