|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
2. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) King Street.
(b) Fifth Street.
(c) Park Street.
(d) Hill Street.
4. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She pretends they have met before.
(c) She provokes him into anger.
(d) She urges him to ask her to dance.
5. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an advisor.
(b) He is an banker.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is a solicitor.
6. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) The loud music.
(b) The unsanitary conditions.
(c) Having to buy everyone drinks.
(d) A thuggish man.
7. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Walk with Jesus.
(b) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(c) War Never Pays.
(d) The Principles of Communism.
8. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
9. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Exclusion from parties.
(b) A mention on the society pages.
(c) Some good gossip.
(d) Losing her upperclass friends.
10. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) Sir Magus.
(b) The party's host.
(c) His sister.
11. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
12. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(b) Turnbull, Welford and Puckering.
(c) Goddard and Beachcroft.
(d) Barnes, Huddle and Stuart.
13. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) The Waldpole-Wilsons'.
14. What is Barbara's surname?
15. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(c) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
2. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
3. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
4. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
5. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)