|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
2. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Duport.
(b) Bob Dufresne.
(c) Bob Durbin.
(d) Bob Ducre.
3. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(b) Lord Worpole-Wilson.
4. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
6. What is Rosie's surname?
7. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
(a) The party's host.
(b) Sir Magus.
(d) His sister.
8. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Plans to build a statue.
(b) A traffic detour in the west end.
(c) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(d) The latest films playing.
9. What does Jenkins note about the location of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) It is close to his own home.
(b) It is in a bad area of London.
(c) It is in a building owned by Deacon.
(d) Giles would not like it.
10. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A garden party.
(b) A housewarming.
(c) An estate sale.
(d) A play.
11. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(a) His mother.
(c) Le Bas.
12. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
13. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
14. What is Ralph's surname?
15. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(b) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(c) He doesn't think of her very often.
(d) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Walpole-Wilson's relation to Barbara?
2. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
4. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)