|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jenkins say he is living in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Shepherd's Market.
(b) Hyde Park Corner.
(c) Cork Street.
(d) Berkeley Square.
2. Who or what does Thompsitt ask Jenkins about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Whether Jenkins has any money to invest.
(c) Jenkins' father.
(d) The Worepole-Wilsons.
3. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
(a) Jenkins' company.
(b) Society events.
(c) Country life.
4. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
5. What is Rosie's surname?
6. What does Jenkins do when Barbara asks him to attend a dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Asks to bring a friend along.
(b) Tries to make up an excuse.
(c) Volunteers to bring some wine.
(d) Cancels his other plans.
7. What event does Deacon put on in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A retirement party.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A football tournament.
(d) A birthday party.
8. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) An antique book shop.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A firm that buys art books.
(d) A gallery.
9. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(b) War Never Pays.
(c) Walk with Jesus.
(d) The Principles of Communism.
10. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
11. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
12. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is a solicitor.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is an advisor.
(d) He is an banker.
13. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(d) Le Bas.
14. Where does Deacon invite Jenkins to go with him and Gypsy in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) To a party.
(b) For dinner.
(c) To a market.
(d) For coffee.
15. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
2. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
3. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
4. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)