|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) The Principles of Communism.
(b) Walk with Jesus.
(c) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(d) War Never Pays.
2. Who owns the building Ralph lives in?
3. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
4. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
5. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
(a) At a fireworks show.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At the Louvre.
(d) At Buckingham Palace.
6. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
7. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) A firm that buys art books.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A gallery.
(d) An antique book shop.
8. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She provokes him into anger.
(c) She urges him to ask her to dance.
(d) She pretends they have met before.
9. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A politician's son.
(b) A pianist.
(c) A sculptor.
(d) A writer.
10. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Ducre.
(b) Bob Duport.
(c) Bob Durbin.
(d) Bob Dufresne.
11. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
12. What is Barbara's surname?
13. What is Gypsy's surname?
14. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' parents.
(b) Jenkins' housing situation.
(c) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(d) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
15. What is Rosie's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
3. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
4. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
5. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)