|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosie's surname?
2. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) War Never Pays.
(b) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(c) The Principles of Communism.
(d) Walk with Jesus.
3. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His father.
4. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What does Eleanor find tedious and boring?
(a) Country life.
(b) Society events.
(d) Jenkins' company.
6. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Having to buy everyone drinks.
(b) A thuggish man.
(c) The loud music.
(d) The unsanitary conditions.
7. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(b) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(c) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(d) He doesn't think of her very often.
8. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(b) Jenkins' parents.
(c) Jenkins' girlfriend.
(d) Jenkins' housing situation.
9. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(c) Le Bas.
(d) His mother.
10. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
11. Where does Deacon invite Jenkins to go with him and Gypsy in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) For dinner.
(b) For coffee.
(c) To a market.
(d) To a party.
12. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(c) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
13. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A play.
(b) A housewarming.
(c) An estate sale.
(d) A garden party.
14. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(b) He has had too much to drink.
(c) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
(d) He has to leave the party.
15. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
3. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. When does Stringham say his wedding will take place?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)