|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Deacon invite Jenkins to go with him and Gypsy in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) For coffee.
(b) To a market.
(c) To a party.
(d) For dinner.
2. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Duport.
(b) Bob Ducre.
(c) Bob Durbin.
(d) Bob Dufresne.
3. What firm does Widmerpool now work for in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Goddard and Beachcroft.
(c) Barnes, Huddle and Stuart.
(d) Turnbull, Welford and Puckering.
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(a) His mother.
(b) Le Bas.
5. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Walk with Jesus.
(b) War Never Pays.
(c) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(d) The Principles of Communism.
6. What does Jenkins note about the location of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Giles would not like it.
(b) It is in a bad area of London.
(c) It is in a building owned by Deacon.
(d) It is close to his own home.
7. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) Lord Worpole-Wilson.
8. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
9. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
10. Who is Max Pilgrim?
(a) A writer.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A politician's son.
(d) A pianist.
11. What does Jenkins note Deacon had not particularly liked?
12. Who introduces Barbara to Jenkins?
(b) Lady Walpole-Wilson.
13. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He doesn't think of her very often.
(b) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(c) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
(d) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
14. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(d) Le Bas.
15. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) King Street.
(b) Park Street.
(c) Fifth Street.
(d) Hill Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
2. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
3. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
5. What is Gypsy's surname?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)