|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ralph's occupation?
(a) He is a college professor.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a journalist.
2. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Ducre.
(b) Bob Dufresne.
(c) Bob Durbin.
(d) Bob Duport.
3. What does Jenkins begin to incessantly worry about in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) His career.
(b) Giles' health.
(c) His financial situation.
4. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A housewarming.
(b) An estate sale.
(c) A play.
(d) A garden party.
5. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Losing her upperclass friends.
(b) Some good gossip.
(c) Exclusion from parties.
(d) A mention on the society pages.
6. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) The loud music.
(b) The unsanitary conditions.
(c) A thuggish man.
(d) Having to buy everyone drinks.
7. What is Jenkins relieved is not the subject of ridicule in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
8. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) His father.
9. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) It must leave him wanting for money.
(b) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(c) It sounds fulfilling.
(d) He should aim to take over the place.
10. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
11. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Jenkins' parents.
(b) Jenkins' housing situation.
(c) Jenkins' religious affiliation.
(d) Jenkins' girlfriend.
12. What does Eleanor have a great interest in?
13. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) War Never Pays.
(b) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(c) Walk with Jesus.
(d) The Principles of Communism.
14. What is one topic of conversation at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Barbara's plans for a holiday in Italy.
(b) Plans to build a statue.
(c) The latest films playing.
(d) A traffic detour in the west end.
15. How does Jenkins know his feelings for Barbara are cooling?
(a) He doesn't think of her very often.
(b) His heart doesn't pound when he sees her.
(c) He doesn't feel jealousy anymore.
(d) He finds speaking to her to be a bore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
2. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
3. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
5. What does Jenkins think is pressed against him on the way to the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)