|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market" causing a twinge of dismay in Jenkins?
2. Who is Stringham engaged to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What is Rosie's surname?
4. What is Ralph's surname?
5. What have Deacon and Gypsy been distributing?
(a) Flyer for their church.
(b) Anti-war flyers.
(c) Communist party flyers.
(d) Shop advertisement flyers.
6. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) Lord Worpole-Wilson.
7. Who does Jenkins meet again at Deacon's event?
8. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
(a) Exclusion from parties.
(b) Losing her upperclass friends.
(c) Some good gossip.
(d) A mention on the society pages.
9. What does Jenkins learn is Widmerpool's first name?
10. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She provokes him into anger.
(b) She pretends they have met before.
(c) She urges him to ask her to dance.
(d) She gives him a hug.
11. Where is Jenkins employed in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) An antique book shop.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A firm that buys art books.
(d) A gallery.
12. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
13. At the beginning of "A Buyer's Market", what event does Jenkins attend?
(a) A garden party.
(b) A play.
(c) An estate sale.
(d) A housewarming.
14. Where did Jenkins' family once encounter Deacon?
(a) At the Louvre.
(b) At Buckingham Palace.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At a fireworks show.
15. What is Gypsy's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who does Truscott suggest Widmerpool should meet with?
3. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
4. How does Stringham begin to act at the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What word does Lady Walpole-Wilson use to describe Barbara?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)