|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Widmerpool say about Jenkins' employment?
(a) It sounds fulfilling.
(b) He should aim to take over the place.
(c) It doesn't seem to have a promising future.
(d) It must leave him wanting for money.
2. How does Barbara cut through Jenkins' shyness when they meet?
(a) She pretends they have met before.
(b) She urges him to ask her to dance.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She provokes him into anger.
3. What is Ralph's surname?
4. What is the title of the flyers Deacon and Gypsy distribute?
(a) Support Your Community - Buy Local!
(b) The Principles of Communism.
(c) Walk with Jesus.
(d) War Never Pays.
5. What does Widmerpool do at the firm he works for?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a solicitor.
(c) He is an banker.
(d) He is an advisor.
6. Whose home is Jenkins invited to in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(c) The Waldpole-Wilsons'.
7. What does Barbara accidentally pour over someone's head?
8. Who leaves the party early in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
9. Where does Stringham say he is going to attend a party in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Fifth Street.
(b) Park Street.
(c) Hill Street.
(d) King Street.
10. Who owns the house Jenkins is at in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(a) Bob Duport.
(b) Bob Dufresne.
(c) Bob Ducre.
(d) Bob Durbin.
11. Who do Jenkins and Widmerpool find out is engaged at the end of "A Buyer's Market"?
12. Who is Jenkins relieved to hear is out of the country in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market"?
(d) His father.
13. What is Gypsy's surname?
14. To whom does Jenkins compare Deacon?
(d) Le Bas.
15. Why does Widmerpool decline to be introduced to someone by Truscott at the party?
(a) He has to leave the party.
(b) He isn't interested in meeting them.
(c) He thinks Truscott playing a prank on him.
(d) He has had too much to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deacon bothered by in a club in Chapter 4 of "A Buyer's Market"?
2. Who does Jenkins run into after leaving the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. Who is the hostess of the party in Chapter 2 of "A Buyer's Market"?
4. What does Deacon ask Jenkins about when they meet on the street in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
5. What is Rosie's surname?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)