|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(a) South Africa.
2. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To hide their purchases.
(b) To provide themselves with alibis.
(c) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
(d) To have dinner.
3. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
4. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A meat crisis.
(b) A jam crisis.
(c) A bread crisis.
(d) A potato crisis.
5. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about on the train in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His feelings about the Templers.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His plans for the future.
(d) His eating habits.
6. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His shorts.
(b) His coat.
(c) His scarf.
(d) His hat.
7. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As beautiful.
(b) As generous.
(c) As strict.
(d) As old.
8. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
9. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
10. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her laugh.
(b) Her sun hat.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her red hair.
11. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
12. Why does Templer leave his evening with Jenkins early in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) He sees a girl he likes.
(b) He has to meet his mother's train.
(c) He is feeling ill.
(d) He has been invited to a party.
13. What is Templer's first name?
14. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
15. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
(b) Widmerpool is often alone.
(c) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
(d) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
2. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
3. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)