|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
2. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is an informal counsellor.
(b) He is a party planner.
(c) He is the advisor to the student council.
(d) He is a junior dean.
3. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
(a) The associations between seemingly unconnected people.
(b) The influence his parents had on him.
(c) The mistakes he made.
(d) The reason he ended up where he has.
4. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(d) Le Bas.
5. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) With a girl.
(b) Seeing a doctor.
(c) At a party.
(d) Having dinner with his father.
6. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sunset.
(b) A fire.
(c) A painting.
(d) A photo album.
7. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
8. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As old.
(b) As generous.
(c) As strict.
(d) As beautiful.
9. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His shorts.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His coat.
(d) His hat.
10. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As aggressive.
(b) As raunchy.
(c) As soothing.
(d) As earthy.
11. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car hits a tree.
(b) Their car loses a tire.
(c) Their car is hit by another car.
(d) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
12. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
13. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
14. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To paint the scenery.
(b) To hunt for butterflies.
(c) To get away from the students.
(d) To pick berries.
15. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) An accident.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) A girl.
(d) A death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
2. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
3. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
4. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
5. Who is Parkinson?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)