|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is nervous.
2. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about on the train in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His feelings about the Templers.
(b) His eating habits.
(c) His plans for the future.
(d) His financial situation.
3. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
4. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His weight.
(c) His father's recent death.
(d) His failing grades.
5. What is Templer's first name?
6. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His colorful vocabulary.
(b) His threadbare suits.
(c) His forgetfulness.
(d) His long anecdotes.
7. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of school.
(b) Memories of the war.
(c) Memories of summer camp.
(d) Memories of his family.
8. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car loses a tire.
(b) Their car hits a tree.
(c) Their car is hit by another car.
(d) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
9. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
10. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
11. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
12. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
13. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His love life.
(b) His father's military career.
(c) His travels.
(d) His family genealogy.
14. Who is Le Bas?
(a) The housemaster.
(b) The groundskeeper.
(c) Jenkin's roommate.
(d) The student advisor.
15. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) The post office.
(b) A tea room.
(c) The police station.
(d) A tobacco shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
2. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
3. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
4. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. Where is Stringham's mother from?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)