|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Templer's first name?
2. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Consider transferring to another school.
(b) Lend him some money.
(c) Contact his father on Giles' behalf.
(d) Meet him for dinner.
3. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her sun hat.
(d) Her red hair.
4. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(b) South Africa.
5. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
(b) Widmerpool is often alone.
(c) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
(d) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
6. Why does Templer leave his evening with Jenkins early in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) He is feeling ill.
(b) He sees a girl he likes.
(c) He has been invited to a party.
(d) He has to meet his mother's train.
7. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(d) Le Bas.
8. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As old.
(b) As generous.
(c) As beautiful.
(d) As strict.
9. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Chicken pot pie.
10. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
11. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
(a) A fist fight.
(b) A lost dog.
(c) A drunk in handcuffs.
(d) A wanted poster.
12. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) A ship.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An island.
(d) A resort.
13. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
14. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
15. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Who is Parkinson?
4. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
5. Who is Le Bas?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)