Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His weight.
(c) His failing grades.
(d) His father's recent death.
2. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
(a) Madame Leroy.
(b) Madame Leroux.
(c) Madame Lapierre.
(d) Madame Lapage.
3. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is attracted to her.
(b) He is intimidated by her.
(c) He is bored by her.
(d) He is irritated by her.
4. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(b) Le Bas.
5. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To hide their purchases.
(b) To provide themselves with alibis.
(c) To have dinner.
(d) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
6. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
7. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car is hit by another car.
(b) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
(c) Their car loses a tire.
(d) Their car hits a tree.
8. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A girl.
(b) A death.
(c) An accident.
(d) Bad weather.
9. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a quotation.
(b) The author of a poem.
(c) The author of a novel.
(d) The author of a play.
10. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(c) Le Bas.
11. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
12. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A jam crisis.
(b) A potato crisis.
(c) A meat crisis.
(d) A bread crisis.
13. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is homesick.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is nervous.
14. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Card games.
(b) Tea service.
(c) Study groups.
(d) Billiards tournaments.
15. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) A resort.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An island.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
5. Where is Stringham's mother from?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)