|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) An accident.
(c) A death.
(d) A girl.
2. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
(a) The influence his parents had on him.
(b) The reason he ended up where he has.
(c) The mistakes he made.
(d) The associations between seemingly unconnected people.
3. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
4. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A dance.
(d) A speech.
5. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
(a) A fist fight.
(b) A lost dog.
(c) A drunk in handcuffs.
(d) A wanted poster.
6. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
(a) It has a large hole in it.
(b) It it a very bright color.
(c) It is too small for him.
(d) It looks out of date.
7. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Study groups.
(b) Card games.
(c) Tea service.
(d) Billiards tournaments.
8. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
9. Who is Parkinson?
(a) The groundkeeper.
(b) The director of games.
(c) The housemaster.
(d) The headmaster.
10. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is homesick.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is ill.
11. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As generous.
(b) As strict.
(c) As beautiful.
(d) As old.
12. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
13. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of his family.
(b) Memories of school.
(c) Memories of summer camp.
(d) Memories of the war.
14. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A tobacco pouch.
(c) A bottle of gin.
(d) A plagiarized exam paper.
15. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His shorts.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His coat.
(d) His hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
4. Who is Le Bas?
5. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)