|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
(a) It looks out of date.
(b) It it a very bright color.
(c) It has a large hole in it.
(d) It is too small for him.
2. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is intimidated by her.
(b) He is bored by her.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He is attracted to her.
3. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Lend him some money.
(b) Meet him for dinner.
(c) Contact his father on Giles' behalf.
(d) Consider transferring to another school.
4. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Conan Doyle.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His colorful vocabulary.
(b) His long anecdotes.
(c) His forgetfulness.
(d) His threadbare suits.
6. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
7. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(c) South Africa.
8. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) At a party.
(b) Seeing a doctor.
(c) Having dinner with his father.
(d) With a girl.
9. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
(a) His whole family is there.
(b) To make professional connections.
(c) To visit a girl he likes.
(d) To perfect his French.
10. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A tobacco pouch.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A plagiarized exam paper.
11. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
12. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
13. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is an informal counsellor.
(b) He is a junior dean.
(c) He is the advisor to the student council.
(d) He is a party planner.
14. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
(a) Madame Lapierre.
(b) Madame Lapage.
(c) Madame Leroux.
(d) Madame Leroy.
15. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
2. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
3. Who is Parkinson?
4. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)