|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Conan Doyle.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
2. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(d) South Africa.
3. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A fire.
(b) The sunset.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A painting.
4. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of school.
(b) Memories of summer camp.
(c) Memories of the war.
(d) Memories of his family.
5. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) An accident.
(b) A girl.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) A death.
6. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) A tea room.
(b) The police station.
(c) The post office.
(d) A tobacco shop.
7. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
(a) He is irritated by her.
(b) He is intimidated by her.
(c) He is bored by her.
(d) He is attracted to her.
8. What is Templer's first name?
9. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
10. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
11. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A tobacco pouch.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A plagiarized exam paper.
12. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
13. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To get away from the students.
(b) To paint the scenery.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) To hunt for butterflies.
14. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
(a) It it a very bright color.
(b) It has a large hole in it.
(c) It looks out of date.
(d) It is too small for him.
15. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about on the train in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His eating habits.
(b) His plans for the future.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His feelings about the Templers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
3. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
4. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)