|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is homesick.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is ill.
2. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
4. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A dance.
(b) A song.
(c) A speech.
(d) A poem.
5. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
6. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Card games.
(b) Study groups.
(c) Billiards tournaments.
(d) Tea service.
7. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
(a) To visit a girl he likes.
(b) To perfect his French.
(c) To make professional connections.
(d) His whole family is there.
8. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
(a) Plays loud music.
(b) Rearranges the furniture.
(c) Lights a cigarette.
(d) Brings in alcohol.
9. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
(a) To purchase the property.
(b) To talk business.
(c) To visit Stringham's grandfather.
(d) To drop off his wife.
10. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(d) Chicken pot pie.
11. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her sun hat.
(d) Her red hair.
12. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
13. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
(b) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
(c) Widmerpool is often alone.
(d) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
14. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) A football match.
(b) A woman.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) An investment.
15. Who is Le Bas?
(a) The groundskeeper.
(b) The housemaster.
(c) The student advisor.
(d) Jenkin's roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
4. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)