|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Conan Doyle.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Charles Dickens.
2. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) An island.
(b) A resort.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A ship.
3. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(c) South Africa.
4. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(c) Chicken pot pie.
5. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a play.
(b) The author of a poem.
(c) The author of a quotation.
(d) The author of a novel.
6. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
(b) Their car is hit by another car.
(c) Their car loses a tire.
(d) Their car hits a tree.
7. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
(c) To hide their purchases.
(d) To provide themselves with alibis.
8. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His love life.
(b) His travels.
(c) His family genealogy.
(d) His father's military career.
9. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To get away from the students.
(b) To hunt for butterflies.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) To paint the scenery.
10. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His hat.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His shorts.
(d) His coat.
11. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Tea service.
(b) Card games.
(c) Study groups.
(d) Billiards tournaments.
12. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
13. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
14. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A bread crisis.
(b) A meat crisis.
(c) A potato crisis.
(d) A jam crisis.
15. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
2. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
3. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
4. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
5. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)