|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A dance.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A speech.
2. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A meat crisis.
(b) A potato crisis.
(c) A bread crisis.
(d) A jam crisis.
3. What state is Jenkins in when he arrives at La Grenadiere?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is homesick.
(d) He is drunk.
4. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
(a) A lost dog.
(b) A wanted poster.
(c) A fist fight.
(d) A drunk in handcuffs.
5. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a play.
(b) The author of a novel.
(c) The author of a poem.
(d) The author of a quotation.
6. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A football match.
(c) An investment.
(d) A woman.
7. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His family genealogy.
(b) His travels.
(c) His love life.
(d) His father's military career.
8. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Le Bas.
9. Who is Le Bas?
(a) Jenkin's roommate.
(b) The student advisor.
(c) The housemaster.
(d) The groundskeeper.
10. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(a) Le Bas.
11. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
12. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
13. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
14. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
15. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
(a) Le Bas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stringham's mother from?
2. What is La Grenadiere?
3. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
4. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
5. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)