|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His coat.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His hat.
(d) His shorts.
2. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car hits a tree.
(b) Their car loses a tire.
(c) Their car is hit by another car.
(d) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
3. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As beautiful.
(b) As generous.
(c) As strict.
(d) As old.
4. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) An investment.
(c) A football match.
(d) A woman.
5. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
6. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Having dinner with his father.
(b) With a girl.
(c) Seeing a doctor.
(d) At a party.
7. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(b) South Africa.
8. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
(a) Madame Leroy.
(b) Madame Leroux.
(c) Madame Lapierre.
(d) Madame Lapage.
9. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
10. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
(a) To visit Stringham's grandfather.
(b) To drop off his wife.
(c) To talk business.
(d) To purchase the property.
11. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
(b) Widmerpool is often alone.
(c) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
(d) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
12. What is Templer's first name?
13. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(b) Chicken pot pie.
14. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His weight.
(c) His father's recent death.
(d) His failing grades.
15. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A can opener.
(b) A measuring cup.
(c) A hot plate.
(d) A pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
2. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
4. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
5. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)