|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
2. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His scarf.
(b) His shorts.
(c) His coat.
(d) His hat.
3. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
4. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
5. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
(a) Madame Lapierre.
(b) Madame Lapage.
(c) Madame Leroy.
(d) Madame Leroux.
6. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
7. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(c) Chicken pot pie.
8. Who is Le Bas?
(a) The housemaster.
(b) The groundskeeper.
(c) Jenkin's roommate.
(d) The student advisor.
9. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(d) South Africa.
10. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Card games.
(b) Tea service.
(c) Billiards tournaments.
(d) Study groups.
11. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A meat crisis.
(b) A potato crisis.
(c) A bread crisis.
(d) A jam crisis.
12. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
13. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
14. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His family genealogy.
(c) His travels.
(d) His love life.
15. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His father's recent death.
(d) His weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is La Grenadiere?
2. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
3. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
4. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
5. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)