|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
2. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
3. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is a junior dean.
(b) He is a party planner.
(c) He is an informal counsellor.
(d) He is the advisor to the student council.
4. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
5. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
6. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
(c) To provide themselves with alibis.
(d) To hide their purchases.
7. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
(a) His scarf.
(b) His hat.
(c) His coat.
(d) His shorts.
8. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
9. What is Templer's first name?
10. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His father's military career.
(b) His travels.
(c) His love life.
(d) His family genealogy.
11. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A hot plate.
(b) A measuring cup.
(c) A can opener.
(d) A pan.
12. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a quotation.
(b) The author of a novel.
(c) The author of a poem.
(d) The author of a play.
13. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
14. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A poem.
(b) A speech.
(c) A dance.
(d) A song.
15. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about on the train in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
3. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
4. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)