|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a poem.
(b) The author of a novel.
(c) The author of a play.
(d) The author of a quotation.
2. What do the boys see one day as they walk past the police station?
(a) A fist fight.
(b) A drunk in handcuffs.
(c) A lost dog.
(d) A wanted poster.
3. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
4. What is Templer's first name?
5. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) An investment.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A football match.
(d) A woman.
6. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
(a) It is too small for him.
(b) It has a large hole in it.
(c) It looks out of date.
(d) It it a very bright color.
7. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As old.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As generous.
(d) As strict.
8. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A hot plate.
(b) A pan.
(c) A measuring cup.
(d) A can opener.
9. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of school.
(b) Memories of his family.
(c) Memories of summer camp.
(d) Memories of the war.
10. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
11. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
12. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) A resort.
(b) A ship.
(c) An island.
(d) A hotel.
13. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) The police station.
(b) A tea room.
(c) The post office.
(d) A tobacco shop.
14. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His father's recent death.
(b) His weight.
(c) His failing grades.
(d) His financial situation.
15. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is an informal counsellor.
(b) He is the advisor to the student council.
(c) He is a party planner.
(d) He is a junior dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stringham's mother from?
2. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
5. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)