|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stringham's mother from?
(a) South Africa.
2. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
(a) To drop off his wife.
(b) To visit Stringham's grandfather.
(c) To purchase the property.
(d) To talk business.
3. Who leaves the school a short time after an arrest is made?
(d) Le Bas.
4. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
(a) A bread crisis.
(b) A meat crisis.
(c) A potato crisis.
(d) A jam crisis.
5. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
6. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As beautiful.
(b) As generous.
(c) As old.
(d) As strict.
7. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As soothing.
(b) As aggressive.
(c) As earthy.
(d) As raunchy.
8. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
9. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Tea service.
(b) Study groups.
(c) Billiards tournaments.
(d) Card games.
10. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
11. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A song.
(b) A speech.
(c) A dance.
(d) A poem.
12. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His father's recent death.
(b) His weight.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His failing grades.
13. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To provide themselves with alibis.
(d) To hide their purchases.
14. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
15. What is Templer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
4. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
5. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)