|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
2. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her laugh.
(c) Her sun hat.
(d) Her red hair.
3. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His forgetfulness.
(b) His colorful vocabulary.
(c) His long anecdotes.
(d) His threadbare suits.
4. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
5. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) An island.
(b) A resort.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A ship.
6. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Meet him for dinner.
(b) Contact his father on Giles' behalf.
(c) Consider transferring to another school.
(d) Lend him some money.
7. Who is Parkinson?
(a) The director of games.
(b) The housemaster.
(c) The headmaster.
(d) The groundkeeper.
8. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
9. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His weight.
(b) His father's recent death.
(c) His failing grades.
(d) His financial situation.
10. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
(a) Billiards tournaments.
(b) Tea service.
(c) Card games.
(d) Study groups.
11. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Conan Doyle.
12. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
13. Where does Widmerpool say Templer's family gets their fortune from?
14. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about on the train in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His feelings about the Templers.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His eating habits.
(d) His plans for the future.
15. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
2. Where is Stringham's mother from?
3. What does Jenkins think of Stringham's unmarried sister?
4. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
5. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)