|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
(a) His threadbare suits.
(b) His long anecdotes.
(c) His colorful vocabulary.
(d) His forgetfulness.
2. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
(a) A woman.
(b) An investment.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) A football match.
3. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
(a) To perfect his French.
(b) His whole family is there.
(c) To make professional connections.
(d) To visit a girl he likes.
4. Who is Parkinson?
(a) The groundkeeper.
(b) The headmaster.
(c) The housemaster.
(d) The director of games.
5. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A speech.
(d) A dance.
6. Who gets picked up by the police in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(c) Le Bas.
7. What is the name of Stringham's step-father?
8. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His weight.
(c) His father's recent death.
(d) His failing grades.
9. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To get away from the students.
(b) To pick berries.
(c) To hunt for butterflies.
(d) To paint the scenery.
10. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
(a) Rearranges the furniture.
(b) Brings in alcohol.
(c) Lights a cigarette.
(d) Plays loud music.
11. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As soothing.
(b) As earthy.
(c) As raunchy.
(d) As aggressive.
12. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
13. What is Templer's first name?
14. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a poem.
(b) The author of a play.
(c) The author of a novel.
(d) The author of a quotation.
15. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is a junior dean.
(b) He is a party planner.
(c) He is the advisor to the student council.
(d) He is an informal counsellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
2. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
3. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
4. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
5. Which author do Le Bas and the boys discuss while in the countryside?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)