|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is a party planner.
(b) He is a junior dean.
(c) He is the advisor to the student council.
(d) He is an informal counsellor.
2. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
(a) Giles is Jenkins' cousin.
(b) Giles is Jenkins' brother.
(c) Giles is Jenkins' godfather.
(d) Giles is Jenkins' uncle.
3. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) An island.
(b) A ship.
(c) A resort.
(d) A hotel.
4. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Contact his father on Giles' behalf.
(b) Meet him for dinner.
(c) Consider transferring to another school.
(d) Lend him some money.
5. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of his family.
(b) Memories of the war.
(c) Memories of school.
(d) Memories of summer camp.
6. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
7. What happens when the boys go joyriding in the countryside?
(a) Their car gets stuck in a ditch.
(b) Their car loses a tire.
(c) Their car hits a tree.
(d) Their car is hit by another car.
8. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
(a) The influence his parents had on him.
(b) The reason he ended up where he has.
(c) The mistakes he made.
(d) The associations between seemingly unconnected people.
9. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) A tea room.
(b) A tobacco shop.
(c) The post office.
(d) The police station.
10. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His travels.
(b) His love life.
(c) His family genealogy.
(d) His father's military career.
11. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) About forty.
(b) About seventy.
(c) About sixty.
(d) About fifty.
12. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His father's recent death.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His weight.
(d) His financial situation.
13. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
14. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) At a party.
(b) Seeing a doctor.
(c) With a girl.
(d) Having dinner with his father.
15. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
(a) Madame Leroy.
(b) Madame Lapage.
(c) Madame Leroux.
(d) Madame Lapierre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins think is a part of Farebrother's persona?
2. Who is Le Bas?
3. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
4. When Jenkins joins Stringham for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing", what crisis does Stringham refer to?
5. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)