|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) About forty.
(b) About sixty.
(c) About seventy.
(d) About fifty.
2. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
(a) His whole family is there.
(b) To make professional connections.
(c) To perfect his French.
(d) To visit a girl he likes.
3. How does Jenkins describe Templer's personality?
(a) As aggressive.
(b) As soothing.
(c) As raunchy.
(d) As earthy.
4. In Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing" where is Templer late in returning from?
5. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a novel.
(b) The author of a quotation.
(c) The author of a poem.
(d) The author of a play.
6. What does Le Bas find which gets Templer kicked out of school in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A bottle of gin.
(b) A plagiarized exam paper.
(c) A tobacco pouch.
(d) A pipe.
7. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
8. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
9. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A dance.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) A speech.
10. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
(a) He is an informal counsellor.
(b) He is a party planner.
(c) He is a junior dean.
(d) He is the advisor to the student council.
11. Why does Templer leave his evening with Jenkins early in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) He has to meet his mother's train.
(b) He has been invited to a party.
(c) He sees a girl he likes.
(d) He is feeling ill.
12. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As old.
(b) As strict.
(c) As beautiful.
(d) As generous.
13. What is Templer's first name?
14. What food do Stringham and Jenkins prepare for dinner in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(b) Chicken pot pie.
15. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
(a) To visit Stringham's grandfather.
(b) To purchase the property.
(c) To drop off his wife.
(d) To talk business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What is La Grenadiere?
3. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
5. What is Stringham's unmarried sister named?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)