|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old does Jenkins say Giles is in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) About seventy.
(b) About forty.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About sixty.
2. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His weight.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His father's recent death.
(d) His financial situation.
3. What do Stringham and Jenkins borrow to prepare a meal in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) A hot plate.
(b) A pan.
(c) A can opener.
(d) A measuring cup.
4. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
5. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
6. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To hunt for butterflies.
(b) To get away from the students.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) To paint the scenery.
7. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
(a) It it a very bright color.
(b) It has a large hole in it.
(c) It looks out of date.
(d) It is too small for him.
8. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
9. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
10. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
(a) A speech.
(b) A dance.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
11. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
12. What is Sunderland Farebrother's nickname?
13. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
14. What is Templer's first name?
15. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
(a) To visit Stringham's grandfather.
(b) To talk business.
(c) To purchase the property.
(d) To drop off his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Templer say he was which caused him to be late in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
3. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
4. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
5. At school, what does Sillers often organize in the afternoon?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)