|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His father's recent death.
(b) His weight.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His failing grades.
2. Where does Stringham plan to visit his father at Christmas?
3. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
(b) Widmerpool is often alone.
(c) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
(d) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
4. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To hunt for butterflies.
(b) To paint the scenery.
(c) To get away from the students.
(d) To pick berries.
5. How does Jenkins describe Stringham's mother?
(a) As generous.
(b) As strict.
(c) As old.
(d) As beautiful.
6. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
7. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Memories of the war.
(b) Memories of summer camp.
(c) Memories of his family.
(d) Memories of school.
8. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) The post office.
(b) The police station.
(c) A tea room.
(d) A tobacco shop.
9. What does Farebrother question Jenkins about one evening in Chapter 2 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) His travels.
(b) His family genealogy.
(c) His father's military career.
(d) His love life.
10. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(c) Le Bas.
11. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
12. What position is Bill Truscot looking for a man to fill for Sir Magnus Donner?
13. Why is Widmerpool at La Grenadiere?
(a) To make professional connections.
(b) To visit a girl he likes.
(c) To perfect his French.
(d) His whole family is there.
14. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To provide themselves with alibis.
(b) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
(c) To have dinner.
(d) To hide their purchases.
15. What is La Grenadiere?
(a) An island.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A resort.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Farebrother at Stringham's home?
2. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
3. Who is offered the position with Sir Magnus Donner?
4. What does Giles do while visiting the dormitory which could get Jenkins in trouble?
5. What does Giles ask Jenkins to do in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)