Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
2. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
Memories of school.
3. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
The associations between seemingly unconnected people.
4. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Widmerpool is often alone.
This section contains 4,096 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)