Short Answer Key
A Question of Upbringing
1. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
2. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
Memories of school.
3. What does Jenkins say he can see when he looks back at his memories?
The associations between seemingly unconnected people.
4. What is Widmerpool doing when Jenkins first encounters him in "A Question of Upbringing"?
5. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
Widmerpool is often alone.
6. What article of Widmerpool's clothing do fellow students note is unique?
7. What is particularly unique about one of Widmerpool's articles of clothing?
It looks out of date.
8. What is Templer's first name?
9. Who is Parkinson?
The director of games.
10. Who does Parkinson commend in the meeting he calls...
This section contains 2,448 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)