|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Buyer's Market.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Le Bas in the countryside, where does Stringham ask that the boys stop?
(a) The police station.
(b) A tobacco shop.
(c) The post office.
(d) A tea room.
2. Why does Le Bas say he goes into the countryside?
(a) To paint the scenery.
(b) To hunt for butterflies.
(c) To get away from the students.
(d) To pick berries.
3. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
(b) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
(c) Widmerpool is often alone.
(d) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
4. When Widmerpool and Jenkins meet in Chapter 3 of "A Buyer's Market", who does Widmerpool bring up as a topic of conversation?
(b) His mother.
(d) Le Bas.
5. What is Ralph's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins note Barbara's horseplay will result in?
2. Who does Barbara put off dancing with at the dance in Chapter 1 of "A Buyer's Market"?
3. What role does Sillers serve at the school?
4. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
5. What does Jenkins identify the girl he likes at La Grenadiere by?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)