|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Upbringing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of his schoolmates does Jenkins say he has most in common?
(a) Le Bas.
2. Why do the boys decide to return to their dormitory house quickly in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) To play a trick on Windmerpool.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To provide themselves with alibis.
(d) To hide their purchases.
3. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A photo album.
(b) The sunset.
(c) A fire.
(d) A painting.
4. Who is Parkinson?
(a) The groundkeeper.
(b) The housemaster.
(c) The headmaster.
(d) The director of games.
5. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) An accident.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) A girl.
(d) A death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories does Jenkins think over at the beginning to "A Question of Upbringing"?
2. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What is Jenkins' relation to Giles?
4. What field does Widmerpool intend to pursue an occupation in?
5. Who is Jenkins' hostess at La Grenadiere?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)