|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Upbringing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Templer's first name?
2. What does Le Bas ask the boys to identify when they find him in the countryside?
(a) The author of a play.
(b) The author of a quotation.
(c) The author of a poem.
(d) The author of a novel.
3. What is Jenkins looking at at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A fire.
(b) The sunset.
(c) A painting.
(d) A photo album.
4. What does Jenkins note about Widmerpool in Chapter 1 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
(a) Widmerpool is often alone.
(b) Widmerpool acts before he thinks.
(c) Widmerpool comes from a working class family.
(d) Widmerpool is the big man on campus.
5. What does Sillers warn the boys to be sensitive about in regard to Quiggin?
(a) His father's recent death.
(b) His weight.
(c) His failing grades.
(d) His financial situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Giles and Jenkins' father have a falling out over?
2. Where does Jenkins head in Chapter 3 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
3. What delays Stringham's return to school in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
4. What does Jenkins plan in order to impress a girl at La Grenadiere?
5. Why does Templer leave his evening with Jenkins early in Chapter 4 of "A Question of Upbringing"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)