|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Betty's first job?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Beauty salon.
2. What wedding gift does Sade give to Betty?
(a) New curtains.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A quilt.
3. Why does Lottie send Betty to Trudy's house with a hammer and nails?
(a) To build tables.
(b) To fix furniture.
(c) To hang pictures.
(d) To make clothes hooks.
4. Stanton is admitted to the hospital for _____________________.
(a) Drug abuse.
5. What can Betty not remember about Trudy's children?
(a) Their sizes.
(b) Their birthdays.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their grade in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Betty and Herman go after their honeymoon?
2. How can Herman avoid military service?
3. How does Herman depart for war?
4. Where will Betty live while Herman is away at war?
5. How does Lottie feel about the name given to Betty's child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Herman Randolph and what is his relationship to Betty?
2. Why is Lottie apprehensive about Betty's getting married?
3. What does Betty learn about Stanton's condition after she returns to Milk Farm Road?
4. Describe the frantic day when Betty gives birth to her daughter.
5. What lessons does Trudy teach Betty regarding parenting?
6. Why are Herman's letters a source of anxiety for Betty?
7. How has Lottie and Betty's relationship matured since Charles' death?
8. What is "Twilight Sleep" and for what is it used?
9. What happens when Betty is unable to complete her letter to Herman?
10. Who is Stanton and what is Betty's relationship with him?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)