|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what department store does Betty get her second job?
2. Why does Betty worry about staying in Milk Farm Road?
(a) She thinks the water is contaminated.
(b) She will not find a husband.
(c) Her mother will be too dependent on her.
(d) She'll never see a Broadway play.
3. Where does Betty live in Richmond?
(a) A rooming house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A dorm.
4. What does Lottie have delivered to Trudy's house?
(b) Christmas gifts.
(c) A baby crib.
5. How does Lottie feel about the name given to Betty's child?
(a) She despises it.
(b) She does not like it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She has no feelings about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a wedding shower for Betty?
2. What wedding gift does Sade give to Betty?
3. What does Trudy tell Betty is the best part of being abandoned by her husband?
4. How can Herman avoid military service?
5. How old is Betty in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Herman's letters a source of anxiety for Betty?
2. What is Lottie's philosophy on helping people in the community?
3. What does Herman's enthusiasm for going to war show about him?
4. How has Lottie and Betty's relationship matured since Charles' death?
5. Why does Betty feel such a strong desire to leave Milk Farm Road?
6. What are Betty's plans for delivering her baby and what objection does she encounter?
7. Describe the flurry of pre-wedding activities and plan for Betty and Herman.
8. Who is Herman Randolph and what is his relationship to Betty?
9. What did the "Gregg course" teach?
10. Why do Polly and Betty decide to wait until after the birth of Betty's baby to summon Lottie home?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)