|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridget make some of the local women in Ireland do while she is there?
(a) Take her shopping.
(b) Perform a deathwatch.
(c) Cook her meals.
(d) Read to her.
2. What does Lottie tell Betty to do to help Trudy?
(c) Bathe the children.
3. Betty says that her earliest memories are of ____________________.
(a) Train whistles.
(b) Women talking.
(c) Birds chirping.
(d) Children singing.
4. How do Lottie and Betty travel back to Kentucky?
5. Where is Betty when she goes into labor?
(a) The store.
(b) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trudy do with the dresser that Lottie gives her?
2. What does Stanton want Betty to bring to him at the hospital?
3. Where does Betty decide to move?
4. Who is with Betty when she goes into labor?
5. Lottie recalls that her reason for getting married was ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Betty's life after she moves to Richmond.
2. What piece of furniture does Lottie give to Trudy and for what does Trudy use it?
3. Describe the trip to Ireland for Lottie and why does she bring Bridget back to Kentucky?
4. What lessons does Trudy teach Betty regarding parenting?
5. What did the "Gregg course" teach?
6. What is the W.P.A. and what is its purpose?
7. Who is Stanton and what is Betty's relationship with him?
8. Who are the Dionne quintuplets?
9. Why does Lottie take a trip back to Ireland with her mother, Bridget?
10. Who is Herman Randolph and what is his relationship to Betty?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)