|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Herman avoid military service?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is dyslexic.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He is a conscientious objector.
2. What does Betty pack in a hatbox when she leaves?
3. Where does Betty deliver her baby?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At the midwife's office.
(c) At Lottie's house.
(d) At a bus station.
4. Stanton is admitted to the hospital for _____________________.
(d) Drug abuse.
5. Herman's eagerness to go to war demonstrates __________________.
(a) His aggression.
(b) His fears.
(c) His patriotism.
(d) His naivete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves in with Lottie after Betty leaves?
2. Trudy gives birth to __________________.
3. Herman's letters fill Betty with __________________.
4. Where does Betty decide to move?
5. Who makes Betty's wedding dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty learn about Stanton's condition after she returns to Milk Farm Road?
2. Why does Lottie take a trip back to Ireland with her mother, Bridget?
3. What is Lottie's philosophy on helping people in the community?
4. How has Lottie and Betty's relationship matured since Charles' death?
5. What happens when Betty is unable to complete her letter to Herman?
6. How does Lottie know that Betty is in danger with her relationship with Stanton?
7. What does Herman's enthusiasm for going to war show about him?
8. What are the two major revelations for Betty when she visits Stanton in the hospital?
9. Describe Betty's life after she moves to Richmond.
10. What did the "Gregg course" teach?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)