|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lottie's religion?
2. Lottie is especially proud of her beautiful ________________.
3. Betty fits in well at school but still prefers the company of ____________________.
(a) Her dolls.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her father.
4. What is the date of the Introduction?
(a) September 15, 1954.
(b) December 15, 1989.
(c) January 1, 1917.
(d) June 25, 1960.
5. In the Introduction, what does Marjorie state that her mother loved to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lottie note about Sade's quilt when she sees it at Sade's house?
2. Why is no serious search ever launched for Roy's killer?
3. What is the main course of the dinner that Lottie and Betty take to the new family in town?
4. Charles attributes Lottie's family's hardships to _____________________.
5. Who is Betty's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Lottie's true character, especially in the circumstances regarding Trudy?
2. What is an easy way to differentiate the three characters in the book?
3. Why is anger Lottie's reaction to Charles' death?
4. How does the author use punctuation to indicate the speakers in the story?
5. How does Lottie intervene in Sade's marriage regarding her cheating husband?
6. How does the author show the close relationship between Lottie and Betty?
7. What is Lottie's recurrent romantic fantasy and how does her real life differ from the dream?
8. How does Lottie punish Charles for his unconscionable behavior regarding the death of the boy at the mill?
9. Why is no serious investigation ever launched to determine Roy's murderer?
10. Who is Trudy Woodlief and why does she create such a stir when she arrives in town?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)