|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charles' dead body found?
(a) The river.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A car crash.
(d) An alley.
2. Who is Lottie's mother?
3. From what state has the woman in #55 moved?
4. Sade's husband has an affair after ___________________.
(a) Sade goes through menopause.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) His midlife crisis.
(d) His cancer scare.
5. What disease does Betty contract?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sade after her husband's murder?
2. What is John Carroll's job?
3. What is the name of the local general store?
4. How many children does the person in #55 have?
5. Why is Lottie angry about Charles' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lottie do when Charles does nothing when a boy is killed at the mill?
2. How does the author use punctuation to indicate the speakers in the story?
3. How does Lottie anonymously make sure that Trudy gets credit in Porter's store?
4. How does Lottie punish Charles for his unconscionable behavior regarding the death of the boy at the mill?
5. Why does Lottie take back the meal she had brought for Trudy and her children?
6. In whose voice is the Introduction written and what is the message?
7. What special talent does Lottie have and why does she take so much pride in it?
8. What is the probable reason for Charles' suicide?
9. According to Lottie, why is a man's name for his wife an indicator of her value to him?
10. What is the premise of A CURE FOR DREAMS?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)