|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does Charles run?
(a) Men's clothing store.
(b) Gas station.
(d) General store.
2. What does Charles not allow Lottie to buy?
(b) Fresh flowers.
3. What do the men in Lottie's family do all day, every day?
4. Sade's husband has an affair after ___________________.
(a) Sade goes through menopause.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) His midlife crisis.
(d) His cancer scare.
5. Lottie says that a person can tell how a man feels about his wife by _____________________.
(a) The way he addresses her in public.
(b) The expensive gifts he gives her.
(c) The size of the house in which they live.
(d) The trips he arranges for the couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the U.S. President at the beginning of the Great Depression?
2. What is the only food Betty will eat when she is twelve?
3. Who develops excellent skills at Lottie's group meetings?
4. Who does Sade tell the authorities probably killed her husband?
5. Who is Betty's first true friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Charles and Lottie are so different from each other.
2. Why is Trudy raising her children on her own?
3. Why does Lottie take back the meal she had brought for Trudy and her children?
4. Why does friction develop between Charles and Lottie?
5. Who is Trudy Woodlief and why does she create such a stir when she arrives in town?
6. What is the nature of the club that Lottie organizes and why does Charles object to it?
7. What is the premise of A CURE FOR DREAMS?
8. How does the author show the close relationship between Lottie and Betty?
9. What illness does Betty contract as a child and what is the cause of it?
10. How does Lottie intervene in Sade's marriage regarding her cheating husband?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)