|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sade's husband?
2. Who narrates the story in Chapter 1?
(a) May Ellen.
3. What do the men in Lottie's family do all day, every day?
4. The Wassermann Test is used to diagnose ___________________.
5. What insect does Betty mention that feeds on cotton crops?
(a) Boll Weevil.
(c) Praying Mantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Trudy's husband?
2. How many children does the person in #55 have?
3. In Chapter 5, America is suffering through ___________________.
4. What does Charles refuse to do when a boy is killed at the mill?
5. What does the doctor say is the source of Betty's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lottie so ashamed about Betty's illness?
2. Describe Trudy's behavior when Lottie and Betty visit her home to welcome her to the community.
3. Describe how Charles and Lottie are so different from each other.
4. Because hers is not a happy marriage, how does Lottie instruct Betty in what to look for in satisfying relationships?
5. Who does Lottie determine has killed Roy and why does she choose to keep quiet about it?
6. What is Lottie's recurrent romantic fantasy and how does her real life differ from the dream?
7. How does Lottie anonymously make sure that Trudy gets credit in Porter's store?
8. Why does Lottie take back the meal she had brought for Trudy and her children?
9. What is the premise of A CURE FOR DREAMS?
10. How does Lottie punish Charles for his unconscionable behavior regarding the death of the boy at the mill?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)