|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty says that her earliest memories are of ____________________.
(a) Train whistles.
(b) Women talking.
(c) Children singing.
(d) Birds chirping.
2. The "Gregg course" that Betty mentions refers to a course in __________________.
3. Where do Betty and Herman go after their honeymoon?
(c) Milk Farm Road.
4. Why does Trudy tell Betty that Trudy will not have any more children?
(a) She will have an abortion first.
(b) She does not have a husband.
(c) She can't take care of the ones she has now.
(d) She has had a preventive procedure.
5. Betty gives birth to ___________________.
(a) A stillborn child.
(b) A baby boy.
(c) Twin boys.
(d) A baby girl.
6. In what country were the quintuplets in #94 born?
(d) United States.
7. What does Lottie want Betty to do when Betty tells her the truth about Stanton?
(a) Come home.
(b) Take a correspondence course.
(c) Move to a different dorm.
(d) Help Stanton with his recovery.
8. Where does Betty live in Richmond?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A rooming house.
(d) A dorm.
9. Herman's eagerness to go to war demonstrates __________________.
(a) His aggression.
(b) His naivete.
(c) His patriotism.
(d) His fears.
10. Where is Betty and Herman's wedding held?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) The Methodist Church.
(c) The mayor's office.
(d) Lottie's house.
11. What does Betty pack in a hatbox when she leaves?
12. How does Trudy lose weight after giving birth?
(a) Smokes cigarettes instead of eating.
(b) Does lots of exercise.
(c) Cuts carbs.
(d) Weight Watchers.
13. Why does Lottie send Betty to Trudy's house with a hammer and nails?
(a) To build tables.
(b) To make clothes hooks.
(c) To fix furniture.
(d) To hang pictures.
14. How can Herman avoid military service?
(a) He is dyslexic.
(b) He is a conscientious objector.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He has flat feet.
15. Why are Lottie and Betty fighting a lot lately?
(a) Betty does not want to go to college.
(b) Betty wants to leave the area.
(c) Lottie won't buy Betty a prom dress.
(d) Betty is dating a wild boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty goes into labor two days after which holiday?
2. What consumes Herman's thoughts during the honeymoon?
3. In what year were the Dionne quintuplets born?
4. Betty's baby is born at nearly _________________ in the evening.
5. What does Lottie do when Betty has difficulty writing a letter to Herman?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)