|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his letters, Herman is constantly facing _________________.
2. How does Betty perceive her O'Cadhain relatives in Kentucky?
(a) They are philanthropic.
(b) They are vivacious.
(c) They are unpleasant.
(d) They are cruel.
3. Who makes Betty's wedding dress?
4. Why are Lottie and Betty fighting a lot lately?
(a) Lottie won't buy Betty a prom dress.
(b) Betty wants to leave the area.
(c) Betty does not want to go to college.
(d) Betty is dating a wild boy.
5. How many children does Trudy have in Chapter 12?
6. Herman's eagerness to go to war demonstrates __________________.
(a) His aggression.
(b) His naivete.
(c) His fears.
(d) His patriotism.
7. How do Lottie and Betty travel back to Kentucky?
8. Who hosts a wedding shower for Betty?
(a) Herman's mother.
9. What does Lottie notice about Stanton when she meets him?
(a) He is very polite.
(b) He has a strong Southern accent.
(c) He has blue lips.
(d) He is a con man.
10. What does Stanton give to Betty to make her feel less tired?
(a) Oxygen treatments.
(b) Pep pills.
(d) Vitamin B shots.
11. How can Herman avoid military service?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He is a conscientious objector.
(c) He is dyslexic.
(d) He is a farmer.
12. What do Lottie's relatives decide for her?
(a) She will take Bridget back to Ireland.
(b) She should have a complete medical work-up.
(c) She should get married again.
(d) She will come back to Kentucky to live.
13. How does Betty feel about the location of the honeymoon?
(b) No reaction.
14. Where does Trudy suggest that Betty go?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. What surprises Lottie about Betty?
(a) Betty is Valedictorian of her class.
(b) Betty is a wonderful singer.
(c) Betty wants to move away.
(d) Betty is in love with a boy in another town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Betty's first job in Richmond?
2. In what country were the quintuplets in #94 born?
3. Betty says that her earliest memories are of ____________________.
4. Betty goes into labor two days after which holiday?
5. What war breaks out in Chapter 17?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)