|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lottie recalls that her reason for getting married was ________________________.
(a) To escape her family.
(b) To move to a different city.
(c) Fear of being an old maid.
(d) Love for Charles.
2. What wedding gift does Sade give to Betty?
(a) New curtains.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A toaster.
3. Why does Trudy tell Betty that Trudy will not have any more children?
(a) She does not have a husband.
(b) She can't take care of the ones she has now.
(c) She will have an abortion first.
(d) She has had a preventive procedure.
4. What does Lottie do when Betty has difficulty writing a letter to Herman?
(a) Betty sends a telegram instead.
(b) Lottie phones Herman.
(c) Lottie writes the letter.
(d) Lottie drives to see Herman.
5. Betty learns a lot from Trudy regarding marriage and __________________.
6. With whom does Betty spend much of her time?
(a) Older women with whom she works.
(b) She prefers to be alone.
(c) Boys she meets at bars.
(d) New friends from school.
7. How does Betty feel about the location of the honeymoon?
(a) No reaction.
8. How old is Betty's child when Herman returns from war?
9. Who hosts a wedding shower for Betty?
(c) Herman's mother.
10. Betty learns that Herman has joined the _______________.
(d) Air Force.
11. According to his letters, Herman is constantly facing _________________.
12. What does Betty pack in a hatbox when she leaves?
13. How does Betty perceive her O'Cadhain relatives in Kentucky?
(a) They are cruel.
(b) They are unpleasant.
(c) They are philanthropic.
(d) They are vivacious.
14. What consumes Herman's thoughts during the honeymoon?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Going to war.
(c) Building a house.
(d) Getting a job.
15. How does Lottie feel about the name given to Betty's child?
(a) She despises it.
(b) She has no feelings about it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She does not like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Lottie about Betty?
2. Where will Betty live while Herman is away at war?
3. What does Betty learn from a friend about Stanton?
4. How many children does Trudy have in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Betty deliver her baby?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)