|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Lottie and Betty fighting a lot lately?
(a) Betty is dating a wild boy.
(b) Betty wants to leave the area.
(c) Lottie won't buy Betty a prom dress.
(d) Betty does not want to go to college.
2. What does Betty learn from a friend about Stanton?
(a) He was captain of the football team.
(b) He married a sorority girl.
(c) He moved to Europe.
(d) He died from drug abuse.
3. How many children does Trudy have in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Trudy tell Betty that Trudy will not have any more children?
(a) She has had a preventive procedure.
(b) She will have an abortion first.
(c) She can't take care of the ones she has now.
(d) She does not have a husband.
5. Who is offended by Betty's choice of location to deliver her baby?
(c) Herman's mother.
6. When she returns home, Betty learns that _________________ slapped Polly.
(a) A wealthy woman.
(d) The mailman.
7. Betty gives birth to ___________________.
(a) A baby boy.
(b) A stillborn child.
(c) A baby girl.
(d) Twin boys.
8. Who is with Betty when she goes into labor?
(d) No one.
9. Why does Lottie not plan to remarry?
(a) She is still in love with Charles.
(b) She likes being independent.
(c) There are no suitable men locally.
(d) She is too old now.
10. What does Lottie want Betty to do when Betty tells her the truth about Stanton?
(a) Help Stanton with his recovery.
(b) Come home.
(c) Take a correspondence course.
(d) Move to a different dorm.
11. Why does Betty worry about staying in Milk Farm Road?
(a) She will not find a husband.
(b) Her mother will be too dependent on her.
(c) She thinks the water is contaminated.
(d) She'll never see a Broadway play.
12. Where is Betty and Herman's wedding held?
(a) The mayor's office.
(b) The Methodist Church.
(c) Lottie's house.
(d) Las Vegas.
13. Herman's letters fill Betty with __________________.
14. Who says that maternity wards are just a way to trick people out of money?
15. In what country were the quintuplets in #94 born?
(b) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty mentions the _____________________ who are the first known quintuplets to survive infancy.
2. Betty goes into labor two days after which holiday?
3. How had Betty met the young man in #142 many years ago?
4. What do Lottie's relatives decide for her?
5. What does Lottie notice about Stanton when she meets him?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)