|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Twilight Sleep"?
(a) Pain relief method during medical procedures.
(b) A movie.
2. What does Lottie want Betty to do when Betty tells her the truth about Stanton?
(a) Come home.
(b) Help Stanton with his recovery.
(c) Take a correspondence course.
(d) Move to a different dorm.
3. What does Trudy do with the dresser that Lottie gives her?
(a) Makes beds for the twins in the drawers.
(b) Uses it for a TV stand.
(c) Puts canned goods in the drawers.
(d) Stores out of season clothes in it.
4. What surprises Lottie about Betty?
(a) Betty wants to move away.
(b) Betty is in love with a boy in another town.
(c) Betty is Valedictorian of her class.
(d) Betty is a wonderful singer.
5. In what year were the Dionne quintuplets born?
6. How do Lottie and Betty travel back to Kentucky?
7. Who makes Betty's wedding dress?
8. Betty gives birth to ___________________.
(a) Twin boys.
(b) A baby girl.
(c) A stillborn child.
(d) A baby boy.
9. Betty decides to deliver her baby _____________________.
(a) At the midwife's office.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At the clinic.
(d) At Lottie's house.
10. What does Lottie have delivered to Trudy's house?
(a) Christmas gifts.
(c) A baby crib.
11. Where is Betty when she goes into labor?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The store.
12. Who returns to the United States with Lottie after the Ireland trip?
13. Lottie comments that "Anytime somebody's not looking after themselves, ________________________."
(a) It becomes your business.
(b) It's their own fault.
(c) A big change is coming.
(d) It shows a depressed state of mind.
14. Who is the young man with whom Betty is falling in love when she returns home?
(a) Eddie Sparks.
(b) Herman Randolph.
(c) Mike Kerrigan.
(d) John Edwards.
15. How can Herman avoid military service?
(a) He is dyslexic.
(b) He is a conscientious objector.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He has flat feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Betty's first job in Richmond?
2. Where do Betty and Herman go after their honeymoon?
3. What does Lottie notice about Stanton when she meets him?
4. What advice does Lottie give Betty regarding Herman's going to war?
5. Betty learns a lot from Trudy regarding marriage and __________________.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)